Eeeeekkk!!!!! Scared of 1000

vikki73

Cambridge Consultant
I have been doing SS then SS+ for 4 weeks, and went onto 810 last week as I reached BMI 25. I have been to my CDC tonight who has put me on 1000! I'm happy with that as I couldn't stomach the meal choices on 810 any longer, but I'm scared I'm not going to lose, I still want another stone off yet. Can anyone reassure me that regular losses are usual on 1000? :wave_cry:

I had regular losses on 1000 - smaller than on SS+ and 810, but you can expect things to slow down. About 1-2 lbs per week. Only when I moved up has it slowed down to up to 1lb.

Don't let the fear get to you - fear's a swine for that! It thrives on its own success - so don't give it the satisfaction :)

Stick to the plan and the lbs will come off.
There are people on here who are only doing 1000 throughout and they lose well, longer term. Make sure your CDC knows you want to lose another stone. A longer stay at 1000 should be fine.

Well done for getting down to a great BMI. LunarJim has been 1000 cals since he started and has had a phenomenal loss - though he does have the advantage of being a man and they have greater losses. If you think about it, most low cal diets recommend 1200-1500 cals a day and you'll still be lower than that. Also as you get really close to goal the weight loss is slower. Just look at it as a new CD phase - one in which you have to learn to eat small amounts and stay in control. Good luck and enjoy this new step to lifetime slimness:)

Back