Eek, what should I eat?

Byebye bingo wings

Ok, I've been SSing for just over 2 weeks now and I've been an angel and lost just over 20Lbs to date.

However.....
Tomorrow there is an amazing buffet being provided for everyone at work and I'm scared I'm just going to pig out. I can resist most foods and even alcohol (which I thought would be a deal breaker!) but this buffet is going to be gorgeous, Tandoori Chicken, Pizza, Salad, Baguettes, Cakes (several varities :mad:) Bhajis You get the picture! It's all going to be in my office and I'm scared I'm going to fold and completly pig out and have Carbs, Carbs and Carbs!.

Should worst come to the worst, which would do the least damage? I was thinking chicken, just because it shouldn't knock me out of ketosis soo much.

I AM going to TRY and resist though, will power and all that!

Feedbac would be appreciated :D

Hun - I would strongly advise you not to eat anything!

You're in ketosis - you're doing brillo-pads with your 20lbs loss - why spoil it now?

Take a bar and glug loads water like there's no tomorrow and GRIN! lol

xxxx

Try to avoid it at all costs if you can.

Imagine how fab & smug you'll feel at the end of the day if you've stayed 'pure'!

There will be other buffets, you can eat all of those foods once you're feeling happier & healthier.

Plus, if you're anything like me, you'll be looking to see if everyone's watching what/how much you're eating etc. You don't need to feel like that!

Good luck!

Tell everyone that you are on a starvation day for a blood test and that if they see you looking like you might eat, to distract you immediately! I know it's a fib, but it is in a good cause!

Love

Whatever you eat won't taste as good as you feel having lost that 20 pounds and 20% of your way to getting to goal weight. I would simply take a load of water and take pride in the strength you can show and remember why you started this diet and just don't do it.

I had a team away day after a few weeks of being on the diet with a buffet and didn't eat and yes everyone was trying to tell me to etc etc etc and I did want to but I felt so good on my way home from the venus that I had stayed strong that that alone tasted better than any pork pie or chicken satay.

Stay strong and think of the weight you are losing ... you dont need buffet food, it might feel great for a few mins but you know how pee'd off you will feel with yourself for doing it afterwards?!

Agree with all the others - stick fast, it's so hard to get back on track. And like wannalose8stone said - would you just be able to stick to chicken and salad???

Step away from the buffet, hon!

I thought I was being saintly last week when I ate only a bowl of undressed green salad at a work buffet - SO wish I hadn't! I was picking for the next week and it got worse and worse. Honestly, don't put yourself through it: once your jaws get a sense of the old fodder they have a life of their own! And unlike AAM, a buffet with presumably a bit of alcahol around is NO place to start testing your self control.

As Mike says, nothing tastes as good as losing weight feels - we've got the rest of our lives to graze buffets (hey, hopefully the afterlife as well. I KNOW there's a New York Cheesecake waiting for me at the pearly gates.)

Loads of luck! xxx

Hi bbbw,

How did it go with the buffet?

Back