EGG RECIPES

mechmanuk

johnboy
Hiya all, i love eggs cant get enough of em but im useless in the kitchen. My limits are as follows

fried
boiled
scrambled
poached

I was just wondering if anyone has some good dishes made up mainly with eggs, like egg foo yung from the chinese, yummy yummy. Any ideas greatly appreciated not just for miself but probably many others looking in ;).

don't know any recipes but how about quiche or omellettes (not sure if that's spelt right - looks odd!)

have a look in the recipe sticky too....sure someone has mentioned quiche before.....

omelettes are so simple to make and really filling and you can adapt them to whichever day your doing!

yea the missus does do the odd omelettes with some mushrooms, but ide like to try something a little different.
I do use the search but most of the time i get loads of threads up

Foo yung is fairly easy peasey and you can just wing it with quantities.

For one person beat up two eggs with some soy sauce (say 2 tsp), fish sauce (say 1 tsp), ittle bit of salt and a tsp of sweetener (or sugar if you prefer but syn it).

You could put whatever meat you wanted on a red day, if it's raw get that cooked through in the frying pan first with frylight, add some free veg if you want (e.g. chopped onion, beansprouts) then pour the egg mix over and cook through.

You don't really need rice or anything with it so would be quite filling on it's own :)

Devilled Eggs

12 medium eggs
175g (6oz) virtually-fat-free fromage frais
2 spring onions, finely chopped
40g (1½oz) finely chopped green pepper
40g (1½oz) finely chopped red pepper
2 tsp Dijon mustard
3 tbsp finely chopped parsley
paprika to dust

Put the eggs in a large saucepan of cold water and bring to a full boil. Remove from the heat, cover and leave to stand for 15 minutes. Drain the eggs and rinse under cold water to cool them. Peel the eggs, then cut each lengthways in half and remove the yolk. Discard 8 yolks.

Arrange 20 egg white halves on a platter. Chop the remaining 4 egg white halves very finely. Mash the 4 yolks with a fork. Transfer the whites and yolks to a medium bowl. Stir in the fromage frais, spring onions, green and red peppers and mustard.

Pipe or spoon the yolk mixture into the egg white halves. Sprinkle with parsley and dust with paprika.

Nepalease Scrambled Eggs

• Frylight
  • 2 small red onions, thinly sliced
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1 pinch ground cayenne pepper
  • 1 tablespoon curry paste
  • 30g butter
  • 6 eggs, lightly beaten
  • 3 tablespoons fresh chopped coriander
Fry the onions, coriander, cumin and cayenne pepper until the onions are soft. Stir in the curry paste and set aside.

In a separate frying pan, pour in the eggs; cook and stir until eggs are set. Mix in the onion mixture and serve garnished with fresh coriander.

Egg Foo Yung

• 250g long-grain rice
  • Frylight
  • 8 eggs
  • 1 tbsp soy sauce
  • 125g cherry tomatoes
  • 4 spring onions
Cook 250g long-grain rice in boiling water for 12-15 minutes or until just tender. Drain in a colander, then rinse with cold water and leave to drain thoroughly. Heat frylight in a large nonstick frying pan over a medium heat. Beat 8 eggs with 1 tbsp soy sauce and pour into the pan. Cook, stirring gently, until the eggs begin to set, then stir in the drained rice, 125g cherry tomatoes, halved, and 4 spring onions, finely sliced. Cook, stirring constantly, until the rice is piping hot and the eggs have set. Serve sprinkled with sesame seeds.

What about a nice egg custard? There is a really simple way of making it but I cant remember so if anyone knows can they post it please.....xx

I use a ww core recipe for egg custard, though I suppose you're meant to syn cooked fruit? I don't lol

150ml milk (use as part of an A choice)
1 tsp vanilla essense
nutmeg to taste
1 egg beaten
4 tbsp splenda/other sweetener

1) Preheat oven to GM4/180c/160c fan oven.

Put milk, vanilla and nutmeg in a pan and heat gently on stove up to a simmer then take off heat and leave to cool slightly

2) Mix sweetener with egg then slowly add egg mixture bit by bit to milk.

3) Get some pudding dishes (I use three small ramekins), spray with frylight and put these in a roasting tin. You cook the custards in a bain marie so the roasting tin needs to be deep enough so you can put water in it until it comes up to about halfway up the dishes/ramekins.

4) - Either just have the custard (prolly only need two small ramekins) or choose a fruit and put this in the bottom of the dishes and pour custard mix over the top.

5) Bake in the oven for 20-25 mins or until set. Take out of oven and leave to cool for 20 mins before eating.

There is also a recipe for something similar on the SW website under desserts - copied and pasted below :)

Cherry & Almond Clafoutis

Serves: 8
Syns per serving:
1 Syn on Green and Original
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
ingredients4 eggs
6-7 tbsp artificial sweetener
1 tsp almond essence
1 tsp vanilla essence
500g very low fat fromage frais
400g fresh cherries
method1. Preheat the oven to 150°C/Gas 2. Beat together the eggs, sweetener, almond essence, vanilla essence and fromage frais until well mixed.
2. Halve and stone the cherries and scatter them over the base of a large flan dish. Pour over the egg mixture and bake for 50–60 minutes. When the dish is cooked, it should feel springy and have started to brown at the edges.
3. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before slicing and eating.
Tip: If you can’t get hold of fresh cherries you could use canned cherry pie filling. Drain off the liquid and follow the recipe as before. This would increase the Syn value to 2 Syns per serving.

We could do some auditions for Lion eggs adverts in partnership with SW lol :)

I like adding grated cheese to scrambled egg -yummy x

The missus reminded me of eggie bread (french toast as she calls it lol) so i had some for mi breakfast as it was free I THINK!

2 Eggs
3 WW Bread (as a hxb)
Frylight

Soak the bread in the beaten up eggs for 5 mins then simply chuck em in a frying pan for a few minutes. cook on both sides. enjoy

Last edited:
The missus reminded me of eggie bread (french toast as she calls it lol) so i had some for mi breakfast as it was free I THINK!

2 Eggs
3 WW Bread (as a hxb)
Frylight

Soak the bread in the beaten up eggs for 5 mins then simply chuck em in a frying pan for a few minutes. cook on both sides. enjoy
I do this quite a bit, i spread a laughing cow light on it too, nice as a supper. xxx

2 Eggs
3 WW Bread (as a hxb)
Frylight

Hi there

I use ww bread aswell sometimes if I can't get nimble, but I don't think it's listed as a HEB, unless it's changed?

Lisa x

mmmm, i love gypsy bread as i call it! I top mine with berrys and a muller scrummy!

Back