EGG RECIPES

This is my first ever attempt at making something in the kitchen so please dont shout at me if ya dont like it lol.

Mech’s Scotch Eggs (Ideal for green days)
Ingredients
5 Eggs
Sun Grown-Mediterranean Style Couscous (tesco’s) ½ syn per pack
4 Quorn Sausages (any)
Fry Light
Preparation
Fry the quorn sausage using fry light, let them cool then mash them up into sausage meat (i use a blender for this)
Take 4 eggs and boil for 5 mins or till hard boiled
prepare the couscous (simply add hot water)

Now add the quorn sausage meat and couscous using a fork and mash together, add an egg and whisk in with the fork, again mash these together for a nice consistency.
Frylight a baking tray. Carefully cut the 4 eggs into halves and then cover each piece with the mixture, no need to go daft here just a nice layer to cover all the egg. Place on the baking tray, bung em in the oven at around 180/200 and cook until golden brown, turning once while browning.

That sounds flaming magic!
I'm trying that tomorrow.
Thanks for sharing ♥

you'll have to let me know what ya think mojo, i even thought maybe add some chopped onion and apple lay out on a tray bung in the oven tll crispy and use as a kind of stuffing mix?

I did these earlier. WOW!
Ok, I didn't read your method properly, so mine were a little different. I didn't mix the sausage and couscous, I wrapped the egg in the sausage, then squished on the couscous....same result though. AND, I was in costco earlier, and happened to see quails eggs, so I used them (what a footer to peel!).

You're so right, this idea could be adapted to 1001 recipes. Thanks so much for posting it xx

All Day Breakfast Slice

Free on Extra Easy

Serves 4

1 red onion, diced
125g lean unsmoked back bacon, roughly chopped
150g button mushrooms, halved
500g new potaotes, cooked and sliced
6 medium eggs
salt & pepper

Preheat oven to Gas 4/190ºC/375ºF

Heat a large non-stick frying pan and add the onion and bacon and fry for 6-8 mins over moderate heat, stirring occasionally. Add the mushrooms and cooked new potaotes and fry for a further 5 mins, until they are golden.

Transfer the mixture to a 2cm deep x 18cm x23cm tin.

Beat the eggs and season well. pour over the ingredients in the tin. Bake for 15 mins until set.

Turn out onto a wire rack, cool slightly. Slice and serve warm for breakfast or with sald for lunch.

I've not actually tried this but it sounds lovely.

Baked egg & mash

a suggestion as to what to do with leftover mash.

Fry some onions in frylite and with paprika.
Stir in to the mash together with either a tsp of horseradish or grainy mustard (synned).
Put in an oven proof dish.
With the back of a spoon, press down on the mash to create a small well.
Crack an egg in the well and place in the oven until cooked and serve.

The recipe out of the latest SW mag for french toast with summer berries was delicious. Except I didn't have summer berries :)rolleyes:) so I sub'd with a sliced banana.

It was made just like normal french toast but with sweetner and cinnamon added to the egg mix. Then when cooked put your berries (or sliced banana) over the top and then I drizzled yogurt over the top. A tsp of syned maple syrup and its was a fabulous breakfast and will def make as a pud round the tv on a weekend. :D

Back