Egg Tips

ChrisPoole

Majorly Motivated Mofo
Hello everyone,

I am wondering if anyone could explain to me how they cook fried eggs?

Am I right in assuming that frying an egg using frylight is counted as a free food?

There are several threads on this in the recipe sub-forum so I would go and do a search over there. Your post will get moved over there anyway as all questions about recipes or cooking should be posted in that forum but yes eggs done in frylight would be free. Even eggs fried in oil are only half a syn xx

Cheers Patch,

It's good to know. They taste too good to be a free food haha.

I used to fry in frylite then pop under the grill to do the top (hate egg snot!)

Now I just flip them over to cook the other side

The key to a good fried egg is a good non stick frying pan. Since buying one my eggs are now the dogs danglys!! :D

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

That's the problem I'm having right now, my non stick frying pan likes to stick lol. What type is it you use? I'm thinking of purchasing a new one.

Aswell as fry light you can have 7 sprays of the fillip berio spray olive oil for 1/2 a syn... I find this nicer with fried eggs than fry light... Makes the eggs less "rubbery" and doesnt stick as much... And the olive oil would be healthier than other oils x

I just use fry light and my good trusty tefal frying pan. The tefal pans can be quite expensive, we got ours from Asda on special offer, it was about £10 I think. I cook a full SW breakfast in mine, its fab!

i bought a tefal intensium frying pan 2 weeks ago and its the best pan ive ever bought! i got it for £20.99 from argos but its on sale now for £13.99 ( the bigger ones are on sale too so i bought a huge one aswell for £14.99) honestly its amazing, one squirt of frylite is all you need, heat it up, crack your egg in, cook until nearly set on top then flip the egg over for a couple of seconds, the egg still says running in the middle and its lovely, i have these nearly everyday with beans and my HEB bread, yummy

My fave egg frying pan is a cheap aldi non stick one! Very small does 2 eggs nicely with a few sprays of fry light :)

Think mine was a cheapy asda one - does them fab

I'm on my third tefal but they never last, need to start into looking for another one as the third one has started sticking again! x
One we had a few years ago went like that but we now have 2 with the red spot in the middle and they are great. We think that the first one went a bit funny as after we used it we would put it in the sink and run the cold water on it to cool it down before putting it in the dish washer. We stopped doing that and the ones we have now are great x

Seemingly frylite wrecks your pans

Dishwasher is the best for wrecking nonstick pans of all sorts we bought expensive ones and were warned in the crock shop not to place in dishwasher and must admit whole set still going strong !

That's the problem I'm having right now, my non stick frying pan likes to stick lol. What type is it you use? I'm thinking of purchasing a new one.

Mine is a Tefal one, think it was about £10-£12 but its fantastic for fried eggs, omelettes and pancakes :)

Back