Egg Tips

One we had a few years ago went like that but we now have 2 with the red spot in the middle and they are great. We think that the first one went a bit funny as after we used it we would put it in the sink and run the cold water on it to cool it down before putting it in the dish washer. We stopped doing that and the ones we have now are great x
I blame my husband he likes to use them on high heat when i told him not to but he still does but its his money down the drain so he can carry on and replace them everytime he wrecks them x

Seemingly frylite wrecks your pans

Sorry but How can fry light wreck a pan?
Its just watered down oil. Think someone's been pulling ur leg x

i bought a tefal intensium frying pan 2 weeks ago and its the best pan ive ever bought! i got it for £20.99 from argos but its on sale now for £13.99 ( the bigger ones are on sale too so i bought a huge one aswell for £14.99) honestly its amazing, one squirt of frylite is all you need, heat it up, crack your egg in, cook until nearly set on top then flip the egg over for a couple of seconds, the egg still says running in the middle and its lovely, i have these nearly everyday with beans and my HEB bread, yummy

I took your advice and went to Argos to buy a 32cm & 26cm diameter frying pan and after using them both last night I have to say they seem very very very very very (one more very) good! I've never had it so easy to cook eggs before they came out absolutely perfect. It was also extremely easy to clean them afterwards so thank you very much for the suggestion. They are an absolute bargain at the moment in Argos so I'd suggest that anyone who is looking to buy a very high standard but cheap frying pan gets one.

Just what I've been told by a few people - and theres 7 ingredients in frylite so not just watered down oil.

I saw a chef on telly cook fried eggs in an interesting way a couple of months ago and have been doing it ever since. It is like a cross between frying and poaching. Use a tiny bit if oil or spray in a heated non stick pan. Crack your egg into it and leave it for about 30 seconds until the bottom of the white has set. Add a splash of water from the kettle and put a lid on the pan. The egg will cook in the steam.

On quite a few forums there are questions about Frylite ruining pans - the answer seems to be that it does burn if the pan gets too hot and can be difficult to remove.
Would much prefer to use a proper spray oil than Frylite although I do like their salad sprays.

We have always cooked our eggs using a tbsp of water and putting the lid on - works every time.

I have an amazing seasoned cast iron pan that I got at a car boot sale for £3. I absolutely love it, I cook everything in it.

For any big egg fans, try this recipe. It's delicious for breakfast or dinner and easy to tweak ingredients, spice mix etc. Shakshuka | David Lebovitz I had it for tea last night with some homefries (cooked in a bit of oil for a treat!) butter bean hummus and salad, and it was AMAZING.

I like that but know it as Chackouka.

Had a look at your brilliant Pinterest recipe board. I really must learn how it works - only found out about a couple of weeks ago.

do you know......... blog.fatfreevegan.com ..................there are some brilliant recipes on there.

Where is your diary on here?

I bought a small egg pan from Sainsbury's, it's great for one egg, spray the pan with frylight, heat on a medium heat, crack egg into pan, cover with a lid (I use a glass one so that I can see when it's cooked) I also use a lid bigger what the pan so that there is air around the side, the egg cooks in the heat & steam....

SmallPan-3Small.jpg

I have a mini pan that does 1 egg perfect it was 2.99 from b&m's , I always use that's its actually better than the big frying pan

Back