Eggs

Lou*

Silver Member
Hi all, Just a quick question

Is there a rule on the amount of Eggs you eat per day / week??

I seem to be using them alot in most meals and sometimes this can be like 4 a day what with omlettes, Egg mayo etc ??

many thanks

no, you can eat eggs as much as you like. People worry about the cholesterol in eggs, but, i don't know if you saw this recently, there was a documentary i think on BBC and they had someone eat 4 eggs a day for a few weeks and then checked their cholesterol and it was pretty much identical to their stats before and they were saying that the whole thing with eggs substantially raising cholesterol is not true (actually, it is processed fats that cause more of a problem with this).

On the whole cholesterol issue; it used to be that science thought that foods that were high in cholesterol (like eggs) created high blood cholesterol when eaten. In fact that proved to be totally wrong and now they know that food cholesterol does not equate to cholesterol in the body. Even the British Heart Foundation now admit that:

"In the past there have been restrictions on the advised number of eggs people should eat in a week. This was because we thought cholesterol in our bodies was directly caused by cholesterol in our food."
British Heart Foundation - Eggs and cholesterol

Unfortunately they then go on to blame saturated fat for high blood cholesterol and an awful lot of scientific studies have shown that's total bunkem too! :D

Can you imagine doing Atkins if you didn't like eggs? It would be ruddy difficult! They are my staple diet! xx

yessss!! no eggy limit!!! how EGGcellent HAHA sorry had to do it!! xxx

I'm eggstatic at the thought of limitless eggs! :D

Sorry for jumping on the eggwagon. Slap me now.

Is really good news though!

eggcelent news i'm off for some egg lol xx thanks all xx

are they really?! i drive past lots of "Eggs" signs and think nah they will prob be expensive!! thanks for the tip! xxx

eggsennstial to atkins!

we are very lucky, have chickens, ducks and geese here, so we have a variety of lovely fresh eggs on constant supply.

i get my eggs from my friends farms and they are far far more tastier than even the free range ones from supermarkets.. may look a bit smaller but the yolk is alot bigger and tastier ., YUM

Back