Elaine's diary

Well, since I wrote last...
Tuesday was Wii workout day, as well as this I got in a 3 mile walk along the seafront :)
Weds I was working, set the alarm for 5.30 but couldn't drag myself out of bed to workout so gave it a miss.
Back on it today - workout, walk to work and a half hour (ish) walk after work too.
Diet wise I have been very very good - until I ate 2 small pieces of Chloe's pizza this evening :( So cross with myself - grrrr!
100% for the next few days.....

Having estimated the weight of the pizza (after I ate it!!) and synned it, I'm now on Saturday morning and had 66.5 syns since Monday. I usually try to stick to around 10 syns a day, but as long as I keep my syns down over the weekend I can be close to the weekly limit of 70, and definately under 105 :)
I certainly feel more in control by keeping a food diary this week, it has been a big help - hopefully it'll show on the scales on Monday!
I was going to try and catch up with one of my missed workouts today, but doing my scheduled workout yesterday was really hard work, so I'm going to give it a miss today and have my rest day - though I may go for a walk later on.....

Just saying Hi. You seem motivated on your Body Magic, I need to step mine up! Since moving house beginning of November my WII has not even been set up! Did manage to walk for 20 minutes when I got in from work last night and I have just been out for 30 minutes again this morning :)

Just saying Hi. You seem motivated on your Body Magic, I need to step mine up! Since moving house beginning of November my WII has not even been set up! Did manage to walk for 20 minutes when I got in from work last night and I have just been out for 30 minutes again this morning :)
Hi, thanks for popping by!
Well done with the walking - anything is better than nothing!
I never used to do any exercise at all but started with the Wii Active about a month after joining SW. Only did 3 weeks before having an operation which rendered me useless for a while :(
Couldn't do any workouts and couldn't drive either, so I decided the only way I was going to get out of the house was to walk....
Started by visiting my village shop - 6 weeks later I was going there most days (they probably thought I was deranged!), and if I needed to go into town on the bus I was also walking the promenade, which is about 3 miles end to end and back :)
And once I was able to start the workouts again I kind of went from there really, though I did miss several up to and over Christmas :(
However, I'm still persevering.

Nooooo!!
All fell apart yesterday. I had used about 6 syns during the day, went to mother in laws for dinner and she served up sausages in hot dog rolls! No salad, no nothing, so I couldn't even leave the bread...
I reckon that put me up to about 35 syns for the day :O
Extra good now til I weigh in tomorrow night, see if I can do some damage limitation :(

I'm keeping on track again do far this week - apart from the custard slice on Tuesday!! Though I have synned it (18.5 - ouch!) and although I generally aim for 10 a day/70 a week, I'm currently averaging 13/day so far this week, but as long as I keep them down over the next few days I should get back to an average of 10/day by the next weigh-in!
I'm keeping a food diary again this week - hopefully it'll pay off again on the scales on Monday ;)
Very pleased with myself on the Body Magic front, still keeping up with my Wii Active workouts 4 times a week, and on Wednesday I even walked the prom and then to work (3.5miles in total!) all before I started work at 8am!!!!
I think I'm going mad..... Lol

Oh oh - those pesky Maltesers jumped into my mouth again last night :mad:
I had managed to get my syns down to average 12/day - back up again now! But I think I can finish the weekend at no more than 15/day (despite the Maltesers!) More than I normally try to have, but at least still within the limits - just!!
Dusted off OH's slow cooker yesterday, going to make a sausage & bean casserole today - that'll be my work lunch tomorrow. Then going to prepare a chicken curry to stick on in the morning :)
Roast chicken dinner tonight. All in all, a busy day in the kitchen for me! Must get my backside into gear, have a workout to do today as well - can't skip it, WI tomorrow...!!!

Ok, so I finished the week on 111 syns - less than the maximum 15/day, but only just! Anyhow, not at all happy, WI tonight and I STS - very disappointed. I've had lots of fruit & veg, cooked all meals from scratch and been very honest with all my syns. I've also had nearly 7 hours Body Magic this week, and yet I still stayed the same - what's all that about????
Moving on, plan for the week ahead is: same as last week, but cut down on the syns - see where we go from here.....
On the plus side, I took my measurements on 10/1/12 (wish I had done them at the beginning, but better late than never!), and I feel as though I've lost inches, so I re-took them on Sunday, 12 days later. The body magic must be doing something even if I'm not losing pounds - seems I've lost 5.5" :) That made me feel a bit better!

Oh dear, this week is going all to pot :s
Had half a dozen Roses in work on Tuesday, planned on being good for the rest of the week. Went to work yesterday with plenty of free & superfree foods - no need to go to the canteen and get tempted by desserts & chocolate - and I knew there would be no chocs left when I got in!!
All well and good, until I went for my coffee break and a rep turned up laden with bags of cakes and doughnuts!!! Aargh :(
So, I now need to be practically syn free til WI Monday night, best behaviour now....

That just didn't happen :( My little boy went into hospital on Saturday with appendicitis, soooo I ended up living in the hospital for 2 or 3 days, and it became very much a case of eat what you can, when you can! Though I did try to go for the better options from the canteen, they weren't always brilliant! And when the canteen wasn't open, it was chocolate....
I did have the forethought to take fruit with me when we went to A&E (amazingly!) but that didn't last long, and to be fair, when I was stressed and exhausted (2 nights/days with a total of about 3 hours sleep) fruit just doesn't cut it! I was craving chocolate big time!
Needless to say, I had a 2lb gain on Monday, and I've really been off plan all week this week too. I'm expecting a gain again this week - am back on plan today, but WI Monday and I don't think I'll be able to undo my damage by then!

Back