Elaine's diary

laineyob

Hi, I've been doing SW since February - on my own with the magazines. I lost 5lb which took a couple of months, then everything ground to a halt. So on 15th August I bit the bullet and went along to my local group :)
Since then I have lost another 1st 2.5lb - yay!!!!
I have only had one small gain of .5lb, despite having had 2 operations (1 planned followed 48 hrs later by an emergency one) and having been unable to do any decent body magic for 6 weeks. I was managing to walk gently for about 15mins a day during this time, after the first couple of weeks when I couldn't even do that - very frustrating!!
I am on target to reach Club10 before Christmas - I'm very excited about this, but dreading it at the same time - how on earth can I maintain it for 10 weeks with Christmas looming - aaargh!!
I've almost been tempted to deliberately sabotage myself so that I don't reach it til after Xmas - how bad is that????
I did fall off the wagon yesterday and stuffed a packet of Maltesers (they were delicious), but I'm hoping that a good weekend will still have me losing a little on Monday.....

Well it's Sunday morning, since the Malteser incident I had a couple of really good days, until yesterday.....
My OH and I were away from home for the day, I made sure I took plenty of free foods, lots of fruit, and a HiFi bar too. All great - you think?!! Oh no!!
It got to about 2 o'clock - I had wandered around a Christmas market, nibbling my HiFi bar (6syns) to stop me getting tempted by all the goodies on offer, feeling very pleased with myself.
But - at half 1 - 2pm..... The smell from the chippy round the corner got the better of me :(
Fish chips & mushy peas it was - though we had a portion between us, and I didn't eat too much batter (trying to convince myself it wasn't too bad!!)
Oh well, today is going to be a good day - I'm having porridge for breakfast then I'm going for a brisk 2 mile walk :)
Weigh in tomorrow night and I'm determined it's going to end up being a good week, despite everything, I want a loss when I get on those scales!

Ok, time to get up - here's to another good day ahead.
Lots of housework to get done before the tree goes up, so that'll be some Body Magic for me! It's workout day today too :)
I'm on week 3 ( I think!) of my 1st wii active 9 week programme.
Have done the 3 week workout before (twice!!) - once before my ops, and again after them, when I was able to exercise again!
It's going to be a good day on the plan today :)

Well we survived the journey, got stuck in lots of traffic so my 3.5-4 hr trip turned into a 6 hour trip :(
The scant remains of my SW quiche, couple of pieces of fruit and Alpen light bar got me through it, but we arrived at mums to a big pot of homemade celeriac soup - lovely, but I need to find out what was in it to figure out the syns.
Today will be a good day again - I have the faith.....

Well Saturday was a good day - a 5 sync Freddo was my lot
Today, not so good - 3 & half hours into my journey home and stopped at services, not a wise move, Burger King meal and hot choc brownie with ice cream later and we carried on our way.
Haven't been any better since we got home either, sunbite crisps and a HiFi bar to boot.
Weigh in tomorrow - that's going to be fun....!!

Not sure what date I last posted...
Today is Jan 2nd, weigh in tomorrow due to BH. Put 2lb on last week - probably better than I deserved, to be fair! However, I think I'm heading for a gain again this week - really need to get myself back on track.
I have started to get back into the Wii Active workouts :) after missing a few over the last couple of weeks, and I have also managed to get some walking in as well.
So, this is it - back to it 100% now....

WI today, lost 1/2lb which means I got through Christmas and New Year with a 1.5lb gain - it could have been so much worse....!!
Getting back into the exercise now too, having missed a few over the last couple of weeks. Hoping I'll really get fully back on track now, well, once Chloe's birthday is out of the way! (Chinese takeaway loomimg on Friday...)

Ok, so we had takeaway on Friday, butI didn't go mad and pile my plate sky-high, and I was good and boiled some rice so I didn't have the egg fried rice either :)
After all my time off, I'm FINALLY back to work tomorrow - hooray!! I am looking forward to it, but worried if I'm going to be able to find time to fit in my workouts too - never thought I would be worried about not having time to exercise, how things have changed lol
I am going to be organised today and make sure I have food sorted for my lunch tomorrow, and I'm going to do tomorrows dinner too - it's WI day soI need to prepare in advance otherwise it's going to be a really late meal when I get home and Chloe won't be happy - she'll be starving!
Workout now, then onto my food prep :) Luckily I'm on a graduated return to work plan for the next couple of weeks or so, so I'm not working Tuesday - can organise Wed/Thurs lunches on Tues!

Tuesday morning:
Well work was good yesterday - fortunately the children weren't with me for my first morning back, I had the house to myself, and a 9o'clock start. I managed to fit in both my Wii workout AND walk to work from the off-site car park instead of taking the bus! Very happy with myself :)
Not sure how it'll go when we have a house full in the morning, or I'm in line for an 8 o'clock start - we will find out tomorrow! OH up 5:30 to leave at 6:30, me up goodness knows when to workout, shower, make kids breakfast and be out by 7:30, and Chloe needs to be out by 8 - busy morning, lots of co-ordination required - will have to plan this out tonight! lol
WI last night STS - I knew I hadn't been brilliant last week but thought I was in-line for a mini loss, especially with my workouts and walking :(
100% this week, back to keeping a food diary to keep myself in check, I'm determined to have a good loss next week.

Back