Electric Toothbrush Recommendations

big bear

A bear on a mission!
I went to the dentist on Tuesday and I've got slightly bleeding gums. There was a new dentist so he went through a whole cleaning routine I need to follow as need to get my gums healthy again as he says it can be dangerous in pregnancy :eek: and I've visions of all my teeth falling out :8855:

So I need to floss, use interdental brushes and mouthwash. I need to clean each tooth individually & the gums for at least 10 minutes once a day. We use oridinary toothbrushes and I'vve always brushed my teeth across rather then up & down each tooth so it was a really good lesson. Anyhow he recommended that both H & I get an electric toothbrush, he reckons we should spend at least £30.

Can you recommend one and does anyone know where we can buy them on offer?

Also a seperate question, my little boy is 18mths and we try to brush his teeth but he just ends up running off chewing the brush any tips on getting little ones to brush their teeth???

Does no use electric tooth brushes then?

I have used a sonic toothbrush for years, and my gum health significantly improves. I use a phillips one, with flossing action head. I find that the most effective, but to begin with I would use the 'normal' one that comes with it, for a week or so. My tartar build up is almost negligible too. I did have a 'sonicare' brand but when it needed replacing my dentist recommended the phillips one. Boots have regular 1/2 price offers on them, so you get an expensive one for a realistic price. You wont regret it!

I just bought one from Boots as they're half price, so mine cost £15 instead of £30. It's an oral b one and kinda has 2 heads - can't remember the name but it's on the Boots website. My dentist told me off for brushing too hard with my normal toothbrush, so this one's much better and has a 2 minute timer so you know you've done enough. 10 mins sounds like a loooooong time to be brushing your gums!

I've an Oral-B and love it. Only switched to electric about a year ago - I got mine from Amazon, they usually have some electric toothbrushes on special offer each week. Mine was 70% off which was great.

My dentist recommended a sonicare electric toothbrush, they are expensive but I've had mine at least 6 years, it still charges okay and the heads last well too!

My gums are very healthy and I haven't had a filling in all that time. I always pass on her recommendation of them. :D

Back