Bacon
Egg

Lunch
Cheese wrapped in ham

Dinner
Rump steak with melted Danish Blue
Salad

Wow, your dinner sounds delish! xxx

It was :D. I think I am learning that, even if things don't work out with this Harcombe Diet, sometimes it is better to have a smaller portion of something tasty than a big plate of something less tasty.

Good luck with WW and I hope you reach your Christmas goal :)

Lesley
x

So true lesley !!! I am considering giving the ww pro points a go , but will be taking some of the principles of Harcombe with me , wehn i do climb back on the wagon

So true lesley !!! I am considering giving the ww pro points a go , but will be taking some of the principles of Harcombe with me , wehn i do climb back on the wagon

Good luck if you do decide to change to WW pro points. It didn't work for me, I STS after sticking to it religiously (well as religiously as I could when the online tracker was so inaccurate!) There again, the old points system wasn't working for me either and even with GL, I hit a plateau and couldn't shift any more so I do think there might be something in the Harcombe theory about food intolerence etc.

I have terrible IBS, gastritis and reflux which I have noticed an improvement in since cutting out bread, potatoes, pasta & rice on GL - still not gone but definitely better so I am continuing this with Harcombe. Another reason why I am only gradually reintroducing different foods in Phase 2 - I have gone a bit mad on the smelly cheese this week and after having it last night for dinner, I did have the burning in my stomach and acid in my throat last night so I might have to be careful with that - particularly for my evening meal!

I don't think experimenting with different diets does us any harm at all - we learn something from each and, as you say, we can take that forward into another diet.

Anyway, enough rambling! Have a great weekend and I really do wish you good luck whatever you decide to do :).

Lesley
x

I don't think experimenting with different diets does us any harm at all - we learn something from each and, as you say, we can take that forward into another diet.

I totally agree with this Lesley, what works for some just won't work for another you have to put in a little trail and error to get it right :D

6lbs?! thats amazing Lesley :D well done you! xxx

Saturday 27th November

Breakfast
Bacon, egg & tomatoes

Lunch/dinner (wedding reception)
Butternut squash soup
Roast pork, asparagus, carrots (I gave my potato away!)
Berries, fresh cream

4 glasses red wine

Sunday 28th November

Breakfast
Sausages (Harcombe friendly), egg

Lunch
Salad
1 samosa (not Harcombe friendly)
Meat only from pork pie - damage limitation!

Really struggled with lunch as we were at a christening and there was no meat or cheese that wasn't on sandwiches.

Dinner
Pork egg foo yung

Monday 29th November

Breakfast
NLY

Lunch
Salad, egg & stilton cheese

Dinner
Bacon & egg

Last edited:
Tuesday 30th November

Breakfast

Total 0% fat yoghurt

Lunch
Ham, salad

Dinner
Mixed veg curry

Wednesday 1st December

Breakfast

Greek yoghurt

Lunch
Egg & stilton cheese salad

Dinner
Homemade chicken & veg soup

Thursday 2nd December

Breakfast

2 boiled eggs

Lunch
Warm bacon salad with danish blue melted cheese

Dinner

Friday 3rd December

Breakfast

NLY

Lunch
Ham, cheese, salad

Dinner
Chilli (no rice) wrapped in lettuce leaves

Saturday 4th December

Forgot to post that I lost another lb :D this week. 3lb to go to before Christmas.

Breakfast
NLY

Lunch
2 boiled eggs, smelly cheese, cheddar cheese, salad

Dinner
Beef stew type thing cooked in red wine

Sunday 5th December

Breakfast

2 boiled eggs

Lunch
cheese & ham

Dinner