Ellem's eat less and move around more diary

Ellem

Hey everyone, I'm Ellem and I decided to start my diary today as I finally have something to post! I lost 5lbs in my first week of calorie counting :) I want to lose 93lbs in total so only another 88 to go :eek:

Basically I'm trying to stick to a 1500 calorie diet, do a workout at least 3 times per week, go swimming once or twice a week and to just walk around more in general. I'm going to use the diary to post food logs and any exercise I do too.

Wish me luck!

Congratulations on that first week's weight loss, looking forward to reading your diary on here :)

Hi good luck and well done on your weight loss, I have been calorie counting since Jan and really enjoying it x

thanks for the welcome and luck folks :)

So this is what I ate today:

B: toasted morning roll, thin flora buttery and banana sliced on top - 323 cals

L: morrisons eat smart chicken and broccoli pie - 325 cals

S: royal gala apple - 70 cals

D: salad with a spot of balsamic vinegar on top and then a baked potato with a small can of heinz beans on top - 419 cals

S: white magnum - 260 cals

Total cals: 1401

Exercise: 20 mins on exercise bike, hand weight routine, push ups, stretches

Well I didn't post yesterday as I spent the day writing my last piece of uni work ever! (well, probably not ever but for the time being :) )

Had a bit of a weird food day yesterday as a result.

B: Del monte smoothie ice lolly - 97 cals (not my normal breakfast but I woke up craving it after seeing them in the freezer the night before)
L: 1 slice toast, thin flora, 2 slices quorn turkey - 187 cals
D: wholewheat pasta, red pesto, quorn chicken fillet, mixed salad - 471 cals
S: Fat free strawberry yoghurt - 100 cals
S: Maltesters ice lolly - 221 cals (celebrating last bit of uni work being handed in!)
S: 1 walnut - 7 cals

Total cals: 987cals - not enough but I was busy!

I had initially made Monday my weigh day but I'm not always home on a Monday morning so changed it to Wednesday as I'm always home then.

So weighed in today and another pound off Mondays result which is good :) 6lbs lost in total

well done, sounds like your doing great keep up the good work :)

Good for you. :) I too would love to go swimming someday. I'm too nervous about being seen in just a swimming cosy, or bumping into someone I know there.

Hi Ellem well done on yr first weeks weight loss... I'm on day 2 of calorie counting & hope that I have as good a start as you. xx

just wanted to say to everyone that is too self conscious to go swimming, try to just go for it! I'd been putting it off for years because I was worried about being seen in my costume but no one batted an eye at me. The worst of it is a short walk to and from the changing room, once you're in the water you're just a head sticking out of the water.

I could see into the gym from the swimming pool and it felt so much nicer swimming in the pool than being all sweaty on the exercise machines :) I'm so glad I went. Going again on Monday or Tuesday next week.

Todays food diary:

B: 2 weetabix with semi skimmed milk and a sliced banana
L: vegetable and lentil soup, 2 slices white bread, 1 golden delicious apple
D: five bean chilli with rice and tortilla chips from Wetherspoons, 1 small glass of white wine
around 1330 calories in total

I've been toying with the idea of going swimming, I really am going to have to get round to it one of these days :)

Back