ProPoints Ellen's diary on her way to SIZE 10!!!

Hi Ellen, Thought I would hop in to see your diary. You're doing really well :) Don't let the .5lb get you down! Did you measure after your WI? Also just wondering are you drinking your water? I hadn't been paying much attention to it till my third week and I wasn't expecting a huge loss because totm but drank at least 8 glasses a day and got lost 2lbs, it does make a difference! I keep a little piece of paper and a pencil beside the sink so I can cross off how many glasses I've had.

Also wanted to say about the high pp for pasta and rice and about atkins. Firstly I know the pp for pasta and rice seems really mean for what you get but that's a proper portion, I was listening to the radio the other week and Gino D'Acampo was on saying how pasta portions are WAY bigger than they should be and he said you should only have about 60g (dry) so I suppose you have to trust the Italians when it comes to pasta. I guess its the same for rice. On the atkins side of things, I was tempted. I cant remember who it was but some one on the boards recently lost 7lb in a week just by cutting out bread. So I thought maybe just a week or week and a half of it. I think I'm going to try it from my next weigh in. I'll let you know how I get on, dear god I love my carbs tho!

Enjoy your turkey! Have a great weekend x :)

Me again lol

I tried the atkins for a week and put on 7lbs but I was eating loads of things that I don't normally like loads of meat etc...

See now I did SW and that was fab for me.. being a carb girl...like Kitten I LOVE MY CARBS..(Naughty Yes :sigh:) but I lost 4 stone on SW! And that wasn't portion controlled!

So I say... it is all about the mind too... it has to be in the right place to loose it.. Or have I just lost mine haha *Starts looking for her mind* tee hee

your doing really well Ellen don't let that little o.5lb put you off you will have it off and more next week....enjoy your turkey tonight hun x

Thanks Yes, Kitten and Jem!
I was cheered up a bit today as I got a text from my sister saying that her husband thought I had lost quite a bit of weight! I saw my brother in law for the first time in months (he has been working abroad) the other day so I was really happy he noticed my weight loss. Men generally don't notice things like that so it was nice he did.

As for the gain, well I wasn't expecting a gain so soon into the diet but I will just have to be more vigilant about tracking and weighing portions etc I have totally lost my mojo for exercise so I will have to discipline myself in that area too. The local gym is giving a one month membership for €30 at the moment so I might try it out. I do drink a lot of water as I take anti depressants and the side affect of them is that they make you feel dehydrated.

Anyway it is the start of a new month and I have pledged to lost 7lbs in July so onwards and upwards!

Today's menu:

Daily milk allowance (1/4pt skim milk) 1

30g Cheerios 3
1/4pt skim milk 1

Banana, apple, grapes 0

100g grilled turkey breast 4
Pitta bread 4
2 tbsps Ballymaloe country Relish 2
Fry Light 1

1 Pink & White Wafer 1
2 funsize Maltersers 6

Total 23/29 dailies

My stomach feels all big and bloated and uncomfortable since Wednesday, I don't know what is wrong but I didn't feel like eating supper. 6 points left. Might have a small piece of cheese and some grapes before going to bed just to avoid the munchies during the night.

Currently I am reading The Beck Diet Solution. I am only on chapter 4 but it seems really good, it uses Cognitive Behavioral Therapy to help you 'think like a thin person'. There is a diet related exercise to do each day for six weeks and it aims to get you to eat only when you feel hungry and not when you are just craving food for other reasons. Anyway I will keep a record of how it is going for me on here.

I'm off to bed - Night Night!

ellenwillbeskinny said:
Thanks Yes, Kitten and Jem!
I was cheered up a bit today as I got a text from my sister saying that her husband thought I had lost quite a bit of weight! I saw my brother in law for the first time in months (he has been working abroad) the other day so I was really happy he noticed my weight loss. Men generally don't notice things like that so it was nice he did.

As for the gain, well I wasn't expecting a gain so soon into the diet but I will just have to be more vigilant about tracking and weighing portions etc I have totally lost my mojo for exercise so I will have to discipline myself in that area too. The local gym is giving a one month membership for €30 at the moment so I might try it out. I do drink a lot of water as I take anti depressants and the side affect of them is that they make you feel dehydrated.

Anyway it is the start of a new month and I have pledged to lost 7lbs in July so onwards and upwards!

Today's menu:

Daily milk allowance (1/4pt skim milk) 1

30g Cheerios 3
1/4pt skim milk 1

Banana, apple, grapes 0

100g grilled turkey breast 4
Pitta bread 4
2 tbsps Ballymaloe country Relish 2
Fry Light 1

1 Pink & White Wafer 1
2 funsize Maltersers 6

Total 23/29 dailies

My stomach feels all big and bloated and uncomfortable since Wednesday, I don't know what is wrong but I didn't feel like eating supper. 6 points left. Might have a small piece of cheese and some grapes before going to bed just to avoid the munchies during the night.

Currently I am reading The Beck Diet Solution. I am only on chapter 4 but it seems really good, it uses Cognitive Behavioral Therapy to help you 'think like a thin person'. There is a diet related exercise to do each day for six weeks and it aims to get you to eat only when you feel hungry and not when you are just craving food for other reasons. Anyway I will keep a record of how it is going for me on here.

I'm off to bed - Night Night!

Ooooo the book sounds good...if I make a section in our Support Group for our Team would you write about it in there for us all? I am a great believer in CBT.

Food looks good, sometimes we let things slip and odd point counts great work x

Yes, I would be happy to write about the Beck Solution in the support group. Only thing is, and I sound a bit dense here, is that I can't figure out how to post on the support group. There doesn't seem to be any text box to write on like there is on here - or have I gone blind?
By the way Yes, thanks for posting those links to the ww videos on Youtube. Some of them are really good and I stayed up way too late last night watching them.

I might have to give porridge and banana a go sometime. I know exactly what you mean about the pasta portions, I weighed out a portion the other night and thought 'is that it' :eek: I ended up having 2 portions (80g) and a slice of bread as well.

Update

Just back from my WW meeting and I lost 2.5lbs this week so that is my first silver 7 gained! It took me three weeks to loose half a stone, if I could loose half a stone EVERY three weeks then that would be fantastic. Will post my food diary for today later.
well done ellen will be watching your diary to give me ideas rose.

Hi Ellen I would love to read about your cbt book too x

Stomach still really bloated and uncomfortable today but I made myself eat, don't know if that is the right thing to do or not. I feel like getting a big pin and sticking it into my belly to let all the 'air' out!

Today's menu:

Skimmed milk allowance for tea 1

30g porridge 3
Skim milk 1
Banana 0

3 eggs scrambled 6
I toast (no spread) 2
Grapes 0

Pear, grapes 0
2 Babybel light 2

40g Salami 4
2 Babybel light 2
1 tbsp Ballymaloe Country Relish 1

Pink&White wafer 1
Funsize Maltersers 3

Total 26 pro points

3 points left but I really feel too bloated to eat any more. I had intended to have steak for dinner but was too lazy to cook in the end.

I am going to buy a digital weighing scales this week and start doing my weigh ins at home. The meetings are a waste of time and money. The support on here is way better than at the meetings.

ellenwillbeskinny said:
Yes, I would be happy to write about the Beck Solution in the support group. Only thing is, and I sound a bit dense here, is that I can't figure out how to post on the support group. There doesn't seem to be any text box to write on like there is on here - or have I gone blind?
By the way Yes, thanks for posting those links to the ww videos on Youtube. Some of them are really good and I stayed up way too late last night watching them.

It is underneath, just scroll to the bottom and it says post reply...as far as I can remember lol x

Oh thanks Yes - I figured out how to post on the forum, I had to become a member first and then the text box appeared.

Today was such a beautiful sunny July day, I wish every day of the year was like this! Myself and a friend went to a festival that was on by a lake in a nearby town and we had a really good time.
Unfortunately sunshine plus festival equaled icecream and beer for me! Plus a late lunch at a restaurant so my points hit the ceiling lol The steak ciabatta I had at the restaurant was absolutely delicious - definitely worth blowing my weeklies on! Though I couldn't even estimate how many pps were in it. I did say no to the chips that came with it so that is something I suppose.

Menu
Skim milk allowance for tea 1

30g Special K 3
Sliced banana 0
1/4 pint skim milk 1

Iceberger ice cream 5

Glass of Heineken in pub 3

Steak Ciabatta with fried onions, peppers
and side salad 1 billion points

1 pink & white wafer 1
Funsize Maltesers 3

Total I billion and something

Oh well, I am just going to say I used all 29 of my dailies and all 49 of my weeklies. Shall have to be very vigilant until my weigh in on Thursday, will be downcast if I gain or remain the same this week. The sunny weather makes me want cold beer and ice cream, I will just have to refuse to give in to my cravings.

I like your one billion points lol, I doubt it was worth all your dailies and weeklies! Fresh start to a new week today, start as you mean to go on :) Did you get a chance to make that banana bread yet? I have to buy bananas and leave them for a few days but its near impossible, tasty yellow friends!

beer and ice cream is calling mee...must resist ...must resist...lol ..well done on resisting the chips Ellen x

Aww well Ellen .. you had your weekly blow out.. so good for you not to eat the chips... I was very naughty yesterday.. and today is a new day lol...

You can do it! x

Thanks girls! I guess it wasn't such a bad blowout yesterday but I am going to be very good until my wi on Thursday. For dinner this evening I stirfried strips of sirloin steak with garlic, onions and mushrooms and stuffed it all in a pitta bread with my fav Ballymaloe Country Relish and it was YUMMY! I will definitely be having it again.

Kitten I haven't made the banana bread yet as I don't have the right size loaf tin, I must buy one. I am avoiding my daily banana for a week as I am trying to figure out what is making me so bloated and, er...... constipated:eek: I've been drinking peppermint tea and taking this herbal supplement I got at the health food shop and they help a bit. However I bought a bottle of prune juice today and drank a glass of it and let me say that it REALLY works :p The glass of prune juice was really worth spending 4pps on lol The old remedies are the best. Sorry if this is too much information :rolleyes:

Anyway today's menu is as follows:

Pear 0
30g porridge 3
Skim milk 1
I toast 2
25g extra Philly 0.5

200ml prune juice 4

160g sirloin steak 5
Pitta bread 4
3 tbsps Ballymaloe Country Relish 3
Frylight 1
Garlic, onions, mushrooms 0

1 pink&white wafer 1
Small Dairy Milk 3

Total 28.5

Yes, how are you feeling now? Is your stomach still poorly?
By the way, does anyone know a cure for a bloated stomach? I have it since last Wednesday and it is so uncomfortable :(

I bought a digital weighing scales today. Of course I couldn't resist jumping on it and I am 12st1lb by it, 1.5lbs lighter than I was at my ww weigh in last Thursday. So either the scales are wrong or I have lost a pound and a half since Thursday - I think I will go with the latter lol

Thanks girls! I guess it wasn't such a bad blowout yesterday but I am going to be very good until my wi on Thursday. For dinner this evening I stirfried strips of sirloin steak with garlic, onions and mushrooms and stuffed it all in a pitta bread with my fav Ballymaloe Country Relish and it was YUMMY! I will definitely be having it again.

Kitten I haven't made the banana bread yet as I don't have the right size loaf tin, I must buy one. I am avoiding my daily banana for a week as I am trying to figure out what is making me so bloated and, er...... constipated:eek: I've been drinking peppermint tea and taking this herbal supplement I got at the health food shop and they help a bit. However I bought a bottle of prune juice today and drank a glass of it and let me say that it REALLY works :p The glass of prune juice was really worth spending 4pps on lol The old remedies are the best. Sorry if this is too much information :rolleyes:

Anyway today's menu is as follows:

Pear 0
30g porridge 3
Skim milk 1
I toast 2
25g extra Philly 0.5

200ml prune juice 4

160g sirloin steak 5
Pitta bread 4
3 tbsps Ballymaloe Country Relish 3
Frylight 1
Garlic, onions, mushrooms 0

1 pink&white wafer 1
Small Dairy Milk 3

Total 28.5

Yes, how are you feeling now? Is your stomach still poorly?
By the way, does anyone know a cure for a bloated stomach? I have it since last Wednesday and it is so uncomfortable :(

I bought a digital weighing scales today. Of course I couldn't resist jumping on it and I am 12st1lb by it, 1.5lbs lighter than I was at my ww weigh in last Thursday. So either the scales are wrong or I have lost a pound and a half since Thursday - I think I will go with the latter lol

I think digital scales are better, I have one.

I brought a myotape the other day to measure my self with. Sometimes your scale will stay the same but you have lost inches. This happened to me this week. Good luck on your weight loss journey. Your doing great, keep it up.:D

Thanks Tech, the digital scales are better as they just flash your weight and they are more accurate than mechanical scales.

Congrats on your weight loss so far, you are doing really well. I do measure my waist each week but haven't lost any inches so far.

Today's menu

Skim milk for tea for day 1

Pear 0
2 boiled eggs 4
1 wholemeal toast 2

Spaghetti 60g 6
Half jar WW Roasted Garlic pasta sauce 2
1/2 tsp olive oil 0.5
2.5 bacon medallions 2.5
Onion, peppers, mushrooms 0
3 sundried tomatoes 0

Apple 0

Funsize Maltesers 3

2 Babybel Light 2
Grapes 0

Total 23

6 points left but it is nearly 1am and I don't feel hungry so I am not going to eat them. I don't know if sundried tomatoes have points or not, they are really nice and I must use them in more things.

Back