Ellie's Cambridge Weight Loss Diary - *7 Stone Pics!!*

Will do, its due any minute now. aaarghhhhhhh!! Trying to get a big wee out before she arrives!! ha ha!

Good luck sticking to it, have a great day studying. I have some work to do this weekend to try and keep me focused!

Drumroll...

Excited for you!

Woo well done Vdub that's great! did you talk to your CDC about being bloated did they have any suggestions? And yeah Claire you look amazing!

Woohoo! Well done you! I lost 8lbs in my first week, too. I bet you feel fantastic.

Thanks for the compliments, I'm pretty chuffed with my progress at the minute! Add to the loss the fact that I'm prancing about in a pair of trousers I couldn't do up four weeks ago and you get one happy Claire! (I blank out my face as I'm a teacher, and I don't really want photos of me in my underwear cropping up in the future!)

Yeah hun thats fair enough :) if I post any before and afters I wont include my face :)

Woohoo! Well done you! I lost 8lbs in my first week, too. I bet you feel fantastic.

Thanks for the compliments, I'm pretty chuffed with my progress at the minute! Add to the loss the fact that I'm prancing about in a pair of trousers I couldn't do up four weeks ago and you get one happy Claire! (I blank out my face as I'm a teacher, and I don't really want photos of me in my underwear cropping up in the future!)

I dont blame you not wanting pictures of you floating round the world wide web, I am a Social Worker and I will be doing the same if I ever dare put pictures on of me, you are very very brave!!! What kind of comments have you had from people in your real life?

I do feel pleased with myself, very proud for sticking 100%, hoping I can do 100% next week aswell!

Well done us!

Woo well done Vdub that's great! did you talk to your CDC about being bloated did they have any suggestions? And yeah Claire you look amazing!

Thanks Ellie, I am really pleased. I did talk to her yeah, she just said up my water (even though I am drinking a ton of it) and hopefully it will get better. She also said after next week I can start on the bars and this might help because I wont have a ton of liquid sloshing about in my tummy.

Not sure how helpful that is really!

How are you spending your Saturday?

Yeah, I have found that I have to drink more than 4litres to help the bloating, everyones different though

And thats good about the bars, you will love them :)

I dont blame you not wanting pictures of you floating round the world wide web, I am a Social Worker and I will be doing the same if I ever dare put pictures on of me, you are very very brave!!! What kind of comments have you had from people in your real life?

I do feel pleased with myself, very proud for sticking 100%, hoping I can do 100% next week aswell!

Well done us!

A lot of people have mentioned how much weight I've lost and say I look great, which has been really nice, but there's also a whole bunch of people who don't really know how much I've lost because I just started at my new job less than a month ago. I'm really looking forward to seeing my family again in the flesh, coz I'm way slimmer than I was when I last saw them.

Yeah, I have found that I have to drink more than 4litres to help the bloating, everyones different though

And thats good about the bars, you will love them :)

I am really trying to keep a track on my water intake cos I do think that is the key. I have got myself some sports cap litre bottles of evian stocked up in the fridge so i know exactly how much water I am actually getting through.

What are the best bars? My CDC is bringing one of each so I can try them all. Must admit, they all sound delicious. Do they keep you as full as the shakes do?

A lot of people have mentioned how much weight I've lost and say I look great, which has been really nice, but there's also a whole bunch of people who don't really know how much I've lost because I just started at my new job less than a month ago. I'm really looking forward to seeing my family again in the flesh, coz I'm way slimmer than I was when I last saw them.

Do you find that people treat you differently to how they did when you were bigger?

Do you find that people treat you differently to how they did when you were bigger?

I don't think people necessarily treat me differently, but my perception of their behaviour has definitely changed. For example, I had to buy cakes for Teacher Development yesterday. Previously, I would have been convinced that people were thinking 'She really doesn't need to be buying more cake', but that thought never even crossed my mind yesterday. I suppose I used to be quite paranoid about how people may have been looking at me, especially if I was eating or buying food. I always thought they were probably judging me, which in reality they probably weren't, because I don't think that way about people, and nobody I know thinks that way about people, so I guess it was all in my head.

One thing I have definitely found is that I get more compliments on my clothes now, and I totally put that down (indirectly) to the weight loss. I feel so much more comfortable now, so I am buying and wearing clothes that I actually like and feel confident in. Previously I had started to wear really quite dull and shapeless clothes. I suppose my style can be a little 'eccentric', as my mother has described it, but that had gone in recent years, and I rarely wore any of my more interesting items I own, even the jewellery and shoes, because I suppose I thought I would look like a fat clown, and I was worried about how people would see me.

All of this also had an effect on my personality, and I've been more withdrawn over the past couple of years. I'm starting to notice this changing now as I become more comfortable in my own skin.

I'm not back yet, but I'm getting there!

This is so great to hear claire, it all about being comfortable and happy in your own skin and being able to be yourself! I think you're right too that a lot of the things we thought people might say or think about us is actually just a reflection of how we feel we are rather than what people are actually thinking.

I agree with this completely, if I ever buy 'bad food' I always feel like the cashier is thinking 'wow she should not be buying that' when in reality she probably doesn't give a crap! Hopefully one day soon I'll be able to feel more confident in my own skin. congratulations again!

Wow claire that is amazing!! Look at yhe difference!
Vdub congrats!!hows everyone? Its my tom and im really feeling bleh :(

aw no pings that sucks! I'm good, not having my mums cooking is so hard, she's an amazing cook and everything she makes smells amazing its torture haha but I just keep thinking that she'd rather have a healthy daughter and I want her to be proud of me :)

aw no pings that sucks! I'm good, not having my mums cooking is so hard, she's an amazing cook and everything she makes smells amazing its torture haha but I just keep thinking that she'd rather have a healthy daughter and I want her to be proud of me :)

I am in the same boat. At my Mam's now, roast lamb with all the trimmings is getting right into my nostrils! This is torture!!

Lol yeah roast pork for everyone in my fam, eff Sundays huh!

Back