Ellie's Diary

ellierose988

Silver Member
Hello! Sorry, I posted this in the Weight Loss Diary bit and then saw this one so thought it would be better here?:

Hello everyone, I'm new here and just wondered if I could jot down what I've had to eat for the first four days of my Slimming World Diet (extra easy plan) and possibly ask for evaluation, tips etc.? I'd be very grateful.

Thursday 5th Jan:

Breakfast
Boiled potatoes and baked beans
Two satsumas
Black coffee, no sugar

Lunch
57g wholemeal bread (two slices), with 28g cheddar and marmite
a banana
an apple

Dinner
chicken breast, cooked without fat, with some herbs
Salad with no dressing
small handful frozen potato wedges - 2 syns

Dessert
Strawberries

Throughout the day had diet coke and sparkling water, often with lemon slices in , which I eat (I always have) which is also some lovely superfree!

I also had 340 ml dry white wine - 12 syns

Total syns - 14

Friday 6th Jan:
Breakfast:
Leftover chicken breast and salad
A banana

Lunch:
2 toasted slices wholemeal bread (57g) with 28g cheddar and marmite
An apple

Dinner:
Homemade curry, (chicken jalfrezi) all cooked with fry light and plenty of peppers and onions, served with a small baked potato

Dessert:
A plumI had 374ml dry white wine in the evening - 13 syns

Saturday 7th Jan:

Breakfast:
Leftover curry and another small baked potato
Black coffee, no sugar

Lunch:
Zizzi's linguine di gamberi which I'd researched online and found to be about 10 syns
Side salad with no dressing

Dinner (or rather tea as I'd had a big lunch!):
57g wholemeal bread, toasted with 28g cheddar and marmite
An Apple

Again I had various amounts of diet coke and sparkling water with lemon slices

Total syns: 10

Sunday 8th Jan:

Breakfast:

2 fried eggs (with fry light) on 57g wholemeal toasted bread, and baked beans.
An apple

Lunch:
57g wholemeal bread (two slices) and 42g reduced fat cheddar in a sandwich with marmite
Another apple

Dinner:
Plaice fillet, cooked without fat, with SW chips and SW ketchup, and plenty of salad with no dressing

More lemon slices in drinks!

I had 374ml dry white wine in the evening - 13 syns

Total syns: 13

Last edited:
Monday 9th Jan

Breakfast:
Chicken breast and salad
Apple

Lunch
3 eggs fried with fry light, some SW ketchup, on 57g wholemeal bread, toasted. 42g reduced fat cheddar on the side, dipped in the ketchup, yum yum lol
A banana
A celery stick

Dinner:
Homemade chicken casserole with plenty of veggies and boiled potatoes, salad

Dessert:
A banana and mullerlite cherry yoghurt

In the evening, 374ml dry white wine - 13 syns

Last edited:
Tuesday 10th Jan

Breakfast:
Boiled potatoes and salad

Lunch:
Toasted marmite and cheese sandwich (57g wholemeal bread and 42g reduced fat cheddar)
An Apple

Dinner:
Homemade quorn fillet casserole with plenty of veggies and salad

Snacks:
SW chips and SW ketchup with another apple

374 ml white wine - 13 syns

Last edited:
Wednesday 11th Jan

Breakfast:
Casserole leftovers and salad

Lunch:
Toasted cheese and marmite sandwich (57g wholemeal bread and 42g reduced fat cheddar)
A banana

Dinner:
SW fish pie, couple of leftover boiled potatoes. Salad

Tricky on the wine front this evening, I had my usual 374ml white wine then my dad offered me some of his and I didn't have the heart to say no, was only a small amount, I reckon an extra 3 syns so went over by 1.

Total syns - 16

Last edited:
Thursday 12th Jan

Breakfast:
leftover SW fish pie, salad

Lunch:
toasted sandwich, 57g wholemeal bread and 42g reduced fat cheddar, salad

Dinner:
Sirloin steak and mustard wedges with mushrooms, tomatoes and peas (from SW magazine)

374ml white wine - 13

Total syns - 13

Last edited:
Friday 13th Jan

Breakfast:
leftover sW fish pie, an apple

Lunch:
toasted cheese and marmite sandwich (57g wholemeal bread and 42g reduced fat cheddar), a banana

Dinner:
Homemade cottage pie with quorn mince
petis pois

374 ml white wine - 13 syns

Last edited:
Saturday 14th Jan

Breakfast:
2 fried eggs (fry light) on 57 wholemeal bread (toasted)
1/2 a grapefruit

Lunch:
leftover cottage pie and petis pois
mullerlite cherry
plum

Dinner:
homemade smash pizza. used tesco instant mash. tomato puree, peppers, onion, chillies and quorn pieces on top.
Also used 42g reduced fat Tesco grated mozzarella as HexB on pizza, since been informed not to use pre-grated cheese so won't in future but sure it won't have done me much harm that once!
Salad

Bought a bottle of first cape sparkling white, the low-alcohol one, which is supposedly 12 syns for the bottle. Intended to have it all (haha) but found I was quite tired and didn't finish it, I would approximate I had around 9 syns worth.

Total syns: 9

Last edited:
Sunday 15th Jan

Breakfast:
2 fried eggs (fry light) on 57g wholemeal bread (toasted)
1/2 a grapefruit

Lunch:
a bowl of baked beans with 42g reduced fat cheddar chopped up into it, with a bowl of salad and an apple

Dinner:
Cod my dad cooked with herbs, tomatoes and some black olives (1 syn) he also put a small amount of wine in (1 syn) with pasta and salad

Dessert:
mullerlite strawberry
a plum

Total syns: 2 (I know I'm supposed to have more but I really wasn't hungry and cutting back on alcohol atm, also got really tired and just wanted to sleep rather than eat...!

Last edited:
Monday 16th Jan

Breakfast:
Mullerlite mandarin (1/2 syn) and a banana
Black coffee, no sugar

Lunch:
Toasted 60g (heard it went up!) wholemeal bread sandwich with marmite and 42g reduced fat cheddar. Was naughty here as didn't have 1/3 superfree but figured it wouldn't matter too much as these were my healthy extras anyway so I had to have that amount of them, so it wasn't like I was going to overeat...

Dinner:
homemade stew with quorn pieces and plenty of veggies: carrots, leeks, celery, turnips and potatoes, with herbs and a stock cube

Snack
Pepperami Hot - 5 1/2 syns

Total syns: 6

Last edited:
Hey Ellie! I recognise you from the Sunday Gang :)

I am no expert on the Extra Easy days as I have never done one :rolleyes:, but here is my opinion anyway...

I think it would be easier for people to help evaluate and offer tips if you were to group your food into meals. It is difficult to tell whether you are getting 1/3 superfree with each meal. You are eating lots of superfrees, but unless you have them with each meal, it is not really food optimising. Maybe you are doing it, but it is tricky to tell from the way you have recorded it in your diary.

Whatever you are doing, it is working! You had a cracking loss this week. One of many, I'll guess :D

oh, yes, you make a very good point! I have been doing them with every meal, buy yes I will make sure to put them in meals from now on! Thank you very much for the advice! :D

Have now edited my previous posts as well as I can remember!

Tuesday 17th January

Breakfast:
leftover veggie stew
black coffee, no sugar

Lunch:
toasted cheese (42g reduced cheddar) and marmite sandwich, made with 60g wholemeal bread
A pear

Dinner:
Chicken breast cooked in stock with herbs and chives, with a couple of boiled potatoes and salad

Snacks:
Pepperami Hot - 5.5 Syns

Total Syns - 5.5

Also had some diet coke throughout the day, and water with lemon slices which I also ate. :)

Last edited:
Wednesday 18th Jan

Breakfast:
leftover chicken breast, salad and three boiled potatoes
An apple

Lunch:
toasted marmite and cheese (42g reduced fat cheddar) sandwich with 60g wholemeal bread
A banana

Dinner:
Dad's concoction stir fry type thing with prawns, broccoli, baby corn, onion, asparagus and lazy chillies (free according to some research)

Diet coke throughout the day, some water and a few lemon slices

Snack
28g reduced fat cheddar - 4 syns

Total syns: 4

Thursday 19th January

Breakfast
leftover prawn stirfry thing with tomatoes, baby sweetcorn, onion, lazy chillies, broccoli, asparagus

Lunch
toasted marmite and cheese (42g reduced fat cheddar) sandwich (60g wholemeal bread)
an apple

Dinner
Salmon and herb risotto
homemade - cooked with salmon fillet, risotto rice, herbs, fry light, white wine (per portion 2 syns), mustard powder and flour (per portion 3 syns)
Plenty of salad

Total syns: 5

Friday 20th January

Breakfast
toasted marmite and cheese (42g reduced fat cheddar) sandwich (60g wholemeal bread)
a banana

Lunch
Superspeed tomato soup

Snack
pickled onions, cucumber and tesco wafer thin honey roast ham

Dinner
chicken breast cooked with stock, thyme and leeks, a baked potato and plenty of salad

Saturday 21st January

Breakfast
Fry up! (with fry light!) - bacon, (fat removed), baked beans (small WW tin), HexB of wholemeal bread (toasted, tomatoes and mushrooms, 2 eggs. Black coffee, no sugar. Homemade SW ketchup

Lunch
Raspberries

Dinner
Pasta with superspeed tomato soup (as sauce)

Syns
this was my much anticipated weekend in Brighton that I'd saved some syns for, so I had lots of them and didn't feel bad whatsoever! I had 1 and 3/4 bottles of dry white, and two vodka and diet cokes - 52 syns! :O Scary to see that number after seeing 5/6s for a while! haha!

Sunday 22nd January

Breakfast/Lunch
again this was my lovely weekend, so I indulged in fish and chips and peas on Brighton pier with my friends. :) I actually only managed half my plate which shows my appetite is getting smaller, or whatever. Either way, I worked it out to be 20 syns.

Snack
Had a shakeaway, although this is awesome because they've introduced fat free ones made with fat free frozen yoghurt, so I had one of those with kiwi and lime. As the kiwi was blended (according to my book the lime doesn't make a difference if it's blended or not) I counted it as 1 syn

Dinner
Chicken cooked with olive oil (HexB) and lots of salad, with HexA of cheese (28g parmesan)

Total syns: 21

So obviously was over with my syns today and yesterday, but I did make allowances for this during the week and my weigh in today showed I've still managed to lose 2 pounds this week! It might be that it catches up with me next week but I'm planning on having lots of superspeed foods and have prepared myself for a smaller loss or possibly STS.

Monday 23rd January

Breakfast
Leftover chicken breast and salad - chicken had a small amount of pesto on, tried to scrape most of it off but I reckon I had around half a syn's worth
Strawberry muller light
Small grape snack pack

Lunch
Honey Roast Ham, 42g reduced fat cheddar, (HexA), blackberries, couple of spoonfuls of leftover pasta with superfree superspeed tomato soup as sauce

Dinner
Homemade Doner Kebab - my portion was 125g lean lamb mince, couldn't find extra lean so according to my book it's 4.5 syns (although that was for regular mince so it may be slightly less), with SW chips and SW ketchup, and plenty of salad

Total syns - 5 (probably a bit less but yeah)

Tuesday 24th January

Breakfast
Sweet and sour mugshot and an apple

Lunch
toasted marmite and cheese (45g reduced fat cheddar, HexA) sandwich with HexB of bread (60g wholemeal)
Three pickled onions

Dinner
Veggie stew with quorn sausages (I had two, so 2 syns), broccoli, potatoes, turnips, carrots

Dessert
Strawberries

Later I plan on having a bottle of First Cape reduced alcohol sparkling white at 12 syns a bottle.

Edit: Got hungry just now so had a plate of some mixed salad from a bag I had in the fridge with some cucumber and balsamic vinegar. Filled a hole and good to know I'd snacked on superfree :D

Total syns - 14

Last edited:
Back