Ellie's Diary

Wednesday 25th January

Breakfast
Leftover veggie stew

Lunch
Ham sandwich (60g wholemeal, HexB) with marmite and lettuce

Dinner
Spaghetti Carbonara from SW magazine, with some mushrooms thrown in, and plenty of rocket salad (with balsamic vinegar)

Snack
A few pickled onions and a couple of slices of ham

Thursday 26th January

Breakfast
Sweet and sour Mugshot
Apple
Strawberry muller light

Lunch
Sandwich (hexb 60g wholemeal bread) with marmite, cheese (hexa 45g reduced fat cheddar) and lettuce

Dinner
Sweet and sour fanta zero chicken (plenty of superfree in it: onion, pepper, pineapple, tomatoes)

going to pub in a bit and am going to allow myself a bottle of white at 26 syns, as I discovered last week that the whole spreading the syns out per week still worked for me with a loss of two pounds! I only had 5 syns monday, and none yesterday so have some spare to have tonight. Will also be having some tomorrow at a family party but am going to make sure I don't go over the weekly syn allowance.

Total syns - 34

Ended up accidentally having another 250ml glass, so another 8 syns. Bad idea, am feeling it this morning. Oh well.

Last edited:
Friday 27th January

Breakfast
Sweet and sour mugshot
apple
strawberry muller light

Lunch
leftover S&S chicken

Dinner
Baked Potato with light choices baked beans and salad

Snacks
Was a family birthday party thing with a buffet, only had carrot and cucumber sticks (avoided pizza slices and sausage rolls, really proud of myself) and had a couple of wholemeal finger sandwiches with ham salad. They did have butter or some kind of spread in them, so maybe it was a couple of extra syns for that.

Syns
26 syns a bottle of wine - I had 52 left for the week (up to sunday) so was planning on having two bottles tonight as family party thing, and not having any tomorrow or sunday. However it didn't quite work out that way as people offered to buy me drinks instead (not complaining! lol), so I basically had three 250ml glasses of dry white (24 syns), plus a small glass (6 syns). I had a bottle at the boyfriend's that I was planning on having when I got back, but I only had a small amount in the end, probably another 8 syns worth. So altogether: 38.

Still have 14 left to have today and tomorrow, which I'll probably have tonight in the form of leftover wine. :)

I know there are mixed opinions about spreading your syns over the week instead of the day, but I did it last week and still had a loss so, due to birthdays and events that occurred last week, this week and will be next week, I am going to stick with the week thing. When I don't have an event or anything to go to, I'll stick with the daily syns.

Last edited:
Saturday 28th January

Breakfast
Three eggs cooked in microwave with red pepper, onion, ham and cherry tomatoes

Lunch
Didn't really have a proper lunch as I was really full from breakfast! Not feeling that hungry today, but did snack on a couple of pieces of ham and my HexA of cheese (45g reduced fat cheddar)

Dinner
KFC style chicken (beautiful) (used my hexb of wholemeal bread) with SW chips and lots of salad.

Syns
will be using my remaining week's allowance of syns tonight by finishing off my wine later on. Total for the week - 105, so just squeezed it in this week! Hehe but won't be having any syns tomorrow and have done two pretty good workouts at the gym this week as well. :)

WI tomorrow- bit nervous as *, and just feel a bit bloated and stuff this week. :(

Sunday 29th January

Breakfast
Two slices wholemeal bread toasted (hexb) with 2 fried eggs, bacon (fat removed) and tomatoes (fry light)

Lunch
Raspberry muller light
Banana
2 Pickled onions

Dinner
Smash Pizza with hexa of cheese, mushrooms, onion, ham, jalapenos, cherry tomatoes
Side salad of rocket and cucumber

Monday 30th January

Breakfast
Banana
Raspberry and cranberry mullerlight

Lunch
Leftover smash pizza (easily 1/3 superfree with plenty of veggie toppings and a very thin base)

Dinner
Chilli with quorn mince, carrots, onion, garlic, light choices baked beans, with pasta (instead of rice) and salad. Sprinkled hexa of parmesan on top

So weird, was in bed and feeling hungry then realised I hadn't had my hexb! so went and had wholemeal toast with a bit of marmite.

Tuesday 31st January

Breakfast
Leftover chilli (no cheese or pasta) with salad
Cherry mullerlight

Lunch
Baked beans (tesco light choices) on toast (wholemeal hexb) with cheese (reduced fat cheddar hexa), salad and an apple

Will update with dinner later!

Dinner:
Had a birthday meal out, really pleased with this one actually because I got sirloin steak (they grill their steaks) with a jacket potato and no butter. it came with a grilled tomato, and was supposed to come with creamy coleslaw but I asked for a bit of salad instead, they gave me loads of salad with no dressing so looking at it it looked like a plate of food I'd have at home with 1/3 superfree and tasted great, so pleased. I reckon there was probably a bit of oil or something on the steak, so will say around 5 syns or so to be safe.

Problem is, I'd intended on flexisynning some alcohol and went a bit mental :( not happy with myself at all. I had around 50 syns altogether before we got to the club which isn't too bad considering I can make up for it later in the week (that includes the oil on the steak). but then we got to the club and I have a lot of gaps, need to double check with my friend later what I had and work it out. it's ok though, I mean it's in the past, no point worrying, just be good for the rest of the week and it'll be fine in the end.

Last edited:
Wednesday 1st February

Breakfast/Lunch
Cheese on toast (hexa and b) with tabasco and worcester sauce

Snack
Apple

Dinner
Three quorn sausages (3 syns), mashed potato with onion, carrot and parsley, and peas

My appetite's just gone to pot today, couldn't quite finish my dinner and I know I haven't eaten much today but just really not hungry. Sigh.

Thursday 2nd February

Breakfast
Leftover mashed potato (with carrot and parsley) and peas
An apple
Cherry mullerlight

Lunch
Superspeed tomato soup with 60g wholemeal bread (hexb) and 45g reduced fat cheddar (hexa)
Few pieces of ham

Dinner
Quorn sausage casserole with carrot, potato, turnip, onion, broccoli, tomatoes
I had two quorn sausages - 2 syns

I decided today that I want to aim to have the closest I can to 15 syns every day, (if I'm hungry obviously, no point cramming stuff in for no reason) in order that when I start to plateau later on in my SW journey I can lower my syn intake to get things back on track, as that's what I've heard from people.

So, I decided to have cheese on toast (basically just replicated my hexa and b, 6 syns each so 12). put some worcester sauce and tabasco on as well, as I usually do. :)

Total syns - 14

Friday 3rd February

Breakfast
Leftover quorn sausage casserole. 1 sausage in it - 1 syn.
strawberry mullerlight

Lunch
Superspeed tomato soup, wholemeal bread (hexb) and cheese (hexa)

Dinner
Baked potato, chicken breast cooked in a teeny bit of pesto and white wine (2 syns) and lots of salad

Total syns - 3. Not hungry at all, but will see if I get peckish later and try and have some more syns. Don't see the point in forcing them in when I don't want them. Will see though.

Saturday 4th February

Breakfast/Lunch
Chicken and salad
Few pieces of ham
cheese and marmite sandwich (using hexs)

Snacks
Pickled onions
half a tin of light choices baked beans

Dinner
KFC chicken (5 syns for bread in recipe), SW chips and salad.

Last edited:
Sunday 5th February

Breakfast
Fry up - (with fry light!) 2 fried eggs on wholemeal toast (hexb) with bacon (fat removed), mushrooms and tomatoes

Filled me up so didn't end up having lunch. Also went to sleep for some of the day... needed to catch up on some sleep...!

Dinner
Chilli (with quorn mince) with pasta and salad

Afters
I made some of the roasted red pepper houmous from last month's mag, so shared some with my mum and some carrot sticks.

Again finding it really hard to have my syns... not hungry, really don't want anything. :( I'm honestly not trying to tweak the plan or speed my loss by not having syns... I know I should have them but I really am not hungry and don't want anything so I don't see the point of stuffing something in. Maybe I'll get peckish later before bed.

That houmous sounds lovely, love dips houmous and guacamole and a bag of tortilla chips = heaven for me :) intake looking goood! X

Monday 6th February

Breakfast
Leftover chilli
cranberry and raspberry muller light

Lunch
Toasted cheese and marmite sandwich (hexs)
an apple

Dinner
4 tesco light choices cumberland sausages (4 syns), 200g mccains rustic oven chips (2 syns), 2 tbsp ketchup (2 syns)

Afters
Cucumber and celery sticks, cherry tomatoes with homemade cucumber, yoghurt and mint dip from last month's mag

Total syns: 6

Tuesday 7th February

Breakfast
Banana
Strawberry muller light

Lunch
Toasted cheese sandwich (hexs) with homemade houmous
cucumber with homemade cucumber, yoghurt and mint dip

Dinner
fajitas with bbq style sauce (recipe found on here), chicken, onions and peppers (had 3 WW wraps, 5 syns each) and total 0% fat greek yoghurt

Total syns: 15

ellierose988 said:
Sunday 5th February

Breakfast
Fry up - (with fry light!) 2 fried eggs on wholemeal toast (hexb) with bacon (fat removed), mushrooms and tomatoes

Filled me up so didn't end up having lunch. Also went to sleep for some of the day... needed to catch up on some sleep...!

Dinner
Chilli (with quorn mince) with pasta and salad

Afters
I made some of the roasted red pepper houmous from last month's mag, so shared some with my mum and some carrot sticks.

Again finding it really hard to have my syns... not hungry, really don't want anything. :( I'm honestly not trying to tweak the plan or speed my loss by not having syns... I know I should have them but I really am not hungry and don't want anything so I don't see the point of stuffing something in. Maybe I'll get peckish later before bed.

Hiya I don't always have my syns sometimes I just dont need them also if I have chocolate or something I tend to binge so in best to stay away! I wouldn't worry to much at least you know they are there I'd you need them, good luck with your journey sounds like your doing brill x

Thanks very much, very nice of you to say! :)

Wednesday 8th February

Breakfast
A banana (weak I know)

Lunch
Had quite a bit to make up for breakfast!! Was really hungry. Had toasted cheese sandwich (hexs) with my homemade houmous. was still hungry. had some pickled onions. was still hungry. had two pieces of ham with the houmous. still hungry!!! Had three eggs microwaved with plenty of mushrooms and tomatoes. Was satisfied. :D

Dinner
Cottage pie (homemade with quorn mince) and peas. It had plenty of carrots and onions in but I had an apple just before I ate it just in case to make it 1/3 superfree. Then I realised I'd had no syns, so just randomly had a hex worth of cheese (6 syns.)

Total syns: 6

Thursday 9th February

Breakfast
Banana
strawberry muller light
sweet and sour mugshot

Lunch
Toasted cheese sandwich (hexs) with homemade houmous
some cherry tomatoes

Dinner
Was a bit naughty for dinner as didn't do 1/3 superfree. It was only because I'd already measured out the syns I was going to have for the meal and my dad was cooking it, he did it with baked beans instead of veggies or salad and I didn't want to be difficult. But it was only a small amount of baked beans which are superspeed anyway. So, I had 4 quorn sausages (4 syns) and 250g Mccains rustic oven chips (2.5 syns)

have also had some sugar free vimto squash, and plenty of robinsons nas orange squash.

total syns - 6.5

Back