Embarassed to rejoin class

Melissa77

Hi, I got to target last year which I managed to maintain for a short while. However since January everything seems to have gone wrong, my husband was made redundant and I fell pregnant with twins but unfortunately miscarried them. I feel as though my life is slowly returning to normal, however my weight isn't. I'm about a stone over my target and I really want to lose it in the next 8 weeks as we are off on holiday. I keep saying I will rejoin class but I'm embarrassed to as I think people will think of me as failure. What to do ....

First of all - so sorry that you have had such an awful time so am sending you big hugs and positive thoughts from Cornwall.

Secondly, I have been going to SW for years and have seen literally dozens of people come and go that have lost and put it back on again, myself included!

SW is there to support you, - you have already done fabulously well and if anyone thinks you are a failure then they are only jealous about what you have already accomplished! Good Luck xxxxxxx

I think I've rejoined SW twice with my last group, once after reaching target and there is really no judgement at all. Everyone is just there to support you.

At the end of the day, you are doing this for yourself and everyone should admire you for coming back!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi
I've been at target 3 times now. Each time (except this time but it's only been 2 weeks!) I've stopped going then gained loads again. Each time I go back it's lovely, people are so pleased to see you and always understand weight gain - we've all been there!
Good luck and I'm sure you'll do really well xxx

I have rejoined classes so many times over the years, I'm pretty sure there are hundreds of people in the same situation!

So be proud of what you've achieved and hold your head up high when you go back in, I'm sure you will get a warm welcome :)

I can really sympathise Melissa. I am sorry to hear you have had such a horrid time :( in relation to class this is the third time to have rejoined (and i hope the last lol) I have never got anywhere near target but I think any at stage admitting that you have struggled and going back is going to reflect on your positively. You consultant is there never going to judge and you are making the choice that is right for you and moving your life in the direction you want. I cant say that there is no embarassement because as a person you will feel some because you feel as though you have let yourself down, but you have to put that to the back of your mind and remember you are there because you are controlling your life and doing it for you; no one else!
Hope that helps xx

Rejoin, your group will be very happy to have you back. People are constantly rejoining our group, some who never made it to target some who did but then went off track, but they're all welcome. Most of them I don't know as I've only been going to my group....wow nearly a year now actually, but the people who have left my group I would always be happy to see come back.

I doubt anyone will judge you, just explain you've had a hard time (don't have to go into details if you don't want to) I'm sure they'll understand. You'll be back at target in no time.

I'm so sorry to hear you've had such a difficult time, I can't imagine it. It's understandable that your weight hasn't been your main priority for a while.

Firstly I am sorry for you and your husbands loss. I cant even begin to imagine what you have gone through/going through and to me the fact you are even talking about getting back on sw just goes to show how strong a person you are. Yes you got to target and yet you have put on a bit of weight but cmon you have got to target before and i am sure with support from you husband and us on here you can do it again no problem. You will never be thought of a failure so pluck all that courage into one basket hold your head high and get back to class and lose that stone for your holiday because by god you deserve it
xx

Firstly HUGE (((((hugs)))))) - you've had a traumatic year. (and i've been there with the twins too, so i feel your pain) xx

BUT you deserve to look after yourself and be happy! Make yourself proud and swallow your pride! You will not be judged, i'm sure you'll fit right back into group and your Consultant would love to see you again (perhaps send them a quick email, just to indicate your fears?)

I'm going to have to re-join SW soon, as going it alone really isn't working sometimes and i only moved here last November and this will be my 2nd re-join to that group (eeeeek). But sometimes life gets in the way....however we are important and we must learn to realise no matter what anyone else may think we are re-joining for the right reasons! xxx

I lost 5 1/2 stone in total, which took exactly a year, so I'm hoping I can lose a stone in roughly 8 weeks (fingers crossed).

Thank you, I will do, I'm posting a diary so hopefully I can stay on track and look forward to hearing peoples comments on the same.

Well I was brave and went along to class this morning to rejoin. It wasn't half as bad as I thought, fingers crossed I can get my head back into it and hopefully I will have a good food optimising week.

Back