embarrassed and depressed :(

Sorry guys, I can't find it either, but I have just found the calories - 58 for 25mls - which is 3 syns!

I knew it was too good to be true. I'm off to sulk

We all share the same sentiments about our weight. There's nothing wrong with being big. But the thing is, we should be concerned about our HEALTH and not about what others will say or think about us. We are all here to lose weight because we want to be healthier. :) And by the way, I was really surprised that you had to do weigh-in in classes. :rolleyes:

Hello

I'm currently at Uni and after going to see the Inbetweeners at the cinema I felt like I was the 'fat friend' of the group and it doesn't help that I know a lot of slim people!

Once I started slimming world I thought that my food bill would rocket but it has stayed roughly the same and I've saved money on takeway, etc. I wouldn't worry about being red faced I go running (more like a fast jog) and I look like a strawberry! In reality no one is looking at you, it just feels that way. The running at least lets me pick and choose when the go so I can fit it round study though using Just Dance is also really good (still need to buy a wii).

At the end of the day it doesn't matter what other people think of you, it is how you feel about yourself. Just starting slimming world made me feel better and slowly every day (unless of course I overdo the alcohol) about myself, thanks btw to MalibuStacey about the 1syn vodka, on nights out now I usually one alcohol one diet coke/water or if you are at a friends house, etc you top up your glass with the diet mixer and drink that first.

I tend to not eat food after a certain time, normally 8pm though I will have a mullerlight with fruit an hour after tea to stop the demons, especially the vanilla with chocolate. On coffee breaks at ui I always have fruit in my bag or if I need a treat share a cookie or chocolate bar and just count the syns.

Really all I'm trying to say is don't worry, fruit and veg don't have to cost more, it is you that you have to think about and not the people that don't know you and may be quick to judge.

Good luck with SW and the course, big hugs!

Lauren :)

Hey, thanks so much guys, every story is so inspirational and some amazing advice, i wish i had time to reply to each and every one of you lol, but i need to do my fake 48hr food and exercise diary for class tomorow. I have been puting this task off all week! Im dreading it, but there is nothing i can do, i just need to get on with it. I have arranged to go to the gym on weds with my friend, i think if i get it out the way for the first time it should be ok. I think if i can get through the next few days i should be ok. Well ive been good food wise, i need to get through my first night without binging though. Im planning to have my syns and do another 15 mins on just dance and try take my mind off food.

Thanks again everyone, each and every one of you have made me feel better :) xx

Hi there, I just wanted to say welcome and well done for sharing your story. This forum is an amazing place for support, I only joined recently but I already feel this keeps me focused on what I want to achieve. I have also struggled with my weight for most of my life, although I have only just recently come to the conclusion that I can actually do something about it, something snapped I guess! :)

Good luck on your journey hun, keep your chin up and keep positive! :)

M xx

Money is tight so you can't afford class? I used to use this one all the time. I could still find the money to buy crisps an chocolate and takeaways though!

How much does a bottle of rose go for these days? And how much is class each week?

Sweetie, I have been where you are so do not think for one moment I am judging or having a go... but think about it. Next time you go for a bottle of wine - don't. And put the fiver in your Countdown Collection tin. When you have £50 get thee to your class, buy a countdown and buy a committment to the next 12 weeks.

I am looking in a mirror as I say this to you as well, as someone who was 23 stone, then got down to 13 stone and is currently EXACTLY where you are now! 18.5 stone.

You can do it honey. If I can, you can! Let's beat this together xxx

Vixxster said:
Money is tight so you can't afford class? I used to use this one all the time. I could still find the money to buy crisps an chocolate and takeaways though!

How much does a bottle of rose go for these days? And how much is class each week?

Sweetie, I have been where you are so do not think for one moment I am judging or having a go... but think about it. Next time you go for a bottle of wine - don't. And put the fiver in your Countdown Collection tin. When you have £50 get thee to your class, buy a countdown and buy a committment to the next 12 weeks.

I am looking in a mirror as I say this to you as well, as someone who was 23 stone, then got down to 13 stone and is currently EXACTLY where you are now! 18.5 stone.

Thing is, when you have to get a babysitter as well fir 2/3 hours group can cost you more like £40 a week rather than the £5 sub! Quite a lot to find on student finances i would imagine.

Have you tried your GP? If you're clinically obese, GPs were giving 12 weeks to slimming world for free. I don't know if that still applies with budget cuts, but it's worth checking, because if it is still going on, that's 3 months for free!

As for food costs: late night supermarket for bargains, aldi/lidl, try a market for fruit n veg and even meat. If there's any ethnic markets/stores near you, you should be able to get large bulk rice/couscous etc super cheap

I used to take my daughter with me, if you take a colouring book or if they have a DS or something like that it should keep them happy for 45 min. But as you will see from many people here its definatly possible to do it at home.

And Absolute vodka is defo 1 syn, don't forget SW doesnt work off calories. It is only 1 syn due to something to do with the filtering and there is less sugar in it than normal vodka.

Malibu xx

I take my lo with me in the holidays and have never had any one complain about it. In fact, iv been to 5 different groups over the years and never seen one without kids in it!

And Absolute vodka is defo 1 syn, don't forget SW doesnt work off calories. It is only 1 syn due to something to do with the filtering and there is less sugar in it than normal vodka.

Malibu xx

Gonna need this from an offical source before i believe it! Can I ask where you found this out as its not on the SW site. SW may not be calories based, but the 20Cals =1 syn rule works for nearly all things without a free food allowance. I am assuming that we can't count the potatoes the Vodka is made out of as a free food? :)
I really want you to be right!

kingleds said:
Gonna need this from an offical source before i believe it! Can I ask where you found this out as its not on the SW site. SW may not be calories based, but the 20Cals =1 syn rule works for nearly all things without a free food allowance. I am assuming that we can't count the potatoes the Vodka is made out of as a free food? :)

I mentioned this one at class last night. C was very doubtful and says that these types of things often pop up.

Not on syns online - she did say that the hotline may know..............who's willing to ring? x

Hey i see your point, however its not just the money issue, im out full time mon-fri at uni and don't get home until 6. Got 2 kids one of who is type 1 diabetic. i need to spend the short time i have with them from wheni get in at 6 and they go to bed at 830, then by the time i get my housework/washings done and study it's time for bed. Weekends are a no go either as there is no classes running on a sat or sun in my area. So im doing it from home. Been good so far, just need to make sure i'm organised so i don't just come home and eat anything though!

Haha I don't blame you :) It was my old consultant who told me at group, she was a big vodka drinker so I was inclined to believe her lol.

Malibu xx

I swear we already had exactly this conversation a couple of months ago. There is nothing in Absolut Vodka that counts as free food so it's always going to be 1 syn per 20 calories. The calories are on this website.

ermintrude said:
I swear we already had exactly this conversation a couple of months ago. There is nothing in Absolut Vodka that counts as free food so it's always going to be 1 syn per 20 calories. The calories are on this website.

So no free food from the potato? :( Rubbish.

Back to the cheap stuff for Sarah then

So no free food from the potato? :( Rubbish.

Back to the cheap stuff for Sarah then

Not unless the grapes in wine count as free food :rolleyes:

Back