Embarrassing Fat Bodies

I've lost almost 6 stone, by November it will be 9 once i reach goal.
I'm only 22 so i don't think i'll have alot of excess skin, but i'm going to tone up anyway, eventually go to the gym a few times a week and maybe start swimming with a friend :) Lots of walking too! I think as long as you tone up & stay active it'll be fine. In my eyes, whats a bit of saggy skin compared to being overweight? Lol x

Well you know what, I thought I would have horrible loose skin on my arms because of my fat but it is starting to spring back into shape. I scrub my body regularly (it helps a little) and moisturise a lot (for elasticity).

My belly however... Well let's say that I have noticed that my apron is somewhat smaller but it is still here and I don't think it'll go away completely. There isn't much we can do apart from taking care of our skin and toning up. My GP says the skin can take up to 2 years to "spring back". Obviously, age helps, but also DNA. Sadly, it's not something we can really control :(

I will watch the programme once I have worked enough on my thesis. That'll be my treat :)

I've lost over 5 stones. I have a few tiny wrinkles on my stomach and 9lbs to lose. I may have some loose skin at the end but it doesn't look like it will be a serious issue (I'll come back in 9lbs though!). I'm 46 so was expecting to have boobs like old socks!

When I had lost almost 7 stone 3 years ago my lower stomach was awful and so were the tops of my legs. My boobs were very deflated and quite bad also, however as I started eating again they filled back up gradually. I was around a stone away from goal at this time so it would have only got worse. I have since regained 3st (back again to lose it) in this time my legs and stomach haven't changed except the obvious fact that they have got bigger in size, they are still very saggy. I saw 2 consultants 3 years ago and both said that it would never go back to normal it would only reduce slightly over the years and that exercise will help with muscle definition underneath the skin but not do much for the skin itself. I was 21 at the time and almost 24 now so still have "young" skin which has always been moisturised. Everyone is very different though, you need to take it as it comes - I know that even with the excess skin I was so much happier with it then I was being 18st as clothes and control wear can always hide it! Don't let it put you off because you will still feel so much better in yourself for losing it. x

It just goes to show the importance of DNA... I know I will always have a wrinkly stomach. My mum's tummy never really recovered from her 2 pregnancies... Oh well, as long as my husband still finds me attractive, I'll fine...I hope...

Back