Embarrassing Toilet Problem - Help, Advice Needed

Hi All

I always recommend Movicol. It's a sachet that you add water to and this then takes water to the poo to hydrate it which in turn makes you go. You can buy it from chemist or get it on prescription. It does not affect ketosis.
Movicol has eradicated the need for enemas in severly constipated people and it doesn't cause the cramps that other laxatives do.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your kind words and your support. It really means a lot. As for those of you admiring my willpower - well, even though I did not eat the sandwich they put in front of me in the hospital - I did eat when I came home, my family were freaked out by my hospital visit and the Woo household is definately an anti LL zone at the moment, so I ate a small bit of chicken (yes I am vegetarian - go figure!) it truly wasn't enjoyable, all the chewing hurt my teeth and I don't want to/will not repeat it, but wanted to reassure the family that my obsession with food hadn't gone from eating everything in sight to the equally dangerous not eating at all. luckily, I am back on track today, I have been drinking all my water and am going to be glugging it all throughout the evening. Had my food packs too. I have my weigh-in tomorrow so not sure how I will fare in that, but to be very, very honest, I am just glad to be home and feeling better.

Thank you again for your support not to mention all the helpful hints and tips, Movicol is a gift from the gods to those of us on vlcd (it got the seal of approval from the hospital docs at least) I never thought I would come onto a forum and discuss my poo (or lack of it) but I guess LL and constipation lowers your inhibitions in certain areas....

xxx

Hi Ruby!

Glad you're ok! My GP gave me Movicol but I've never taken it because my LLC checked and said it wasn't on the approved list. Does anyone know why?

Hi Ruby!

Glad you're ok! My GP gave me Movicol but I've never taken it because my LLC checked and said it wasn't on the approved list. Does anyone know why?

Hi there,

I am not sure whether it is on the list or not, I have seen it mentioned on the boards before by people who take it and swear by it. Personally, as much as I love LL and it is working for me I also never want to go through what I went through this weekend, wouldn't wish it on anyone so I have been taking it since Saturday. It might result in a poor loss or no loss this week (the small but very obvious sidetracking of abstinence on Sat night might have something to do with that also), but I feel so much better. I will mention it to my counsellor when I go for weigh-in and see what she says.:)

So glad you are feeling better. Am interested in the Movicol too. as said before, Isuffer terrribly with pain, bleeding etc etc every single week though not to your degree.

I realy think LL shoud take note of what happened t you and altho its not the "party line" they should accept that LL fails in this area. ITs all very well saying the water flavours have fibre to help this issue, but for many they dont work (Ijust had hideous wind from them). We pay enough for this diet on a weekly basis and I beleive that this should include enough fibre or whatever it takes to help us"go".

Keep going, you are truly an inspiration.

xx

well

im on day 7 and still nothings moved lol so been to docs and got movicol today just taken it so am hoping theres somthing gona happen real soon cos im in sooo much pain im of to get some fiber stuf from cdc tmoz aswell and also my wi first one tmoz but i feel for anyone who suffers with this im doing so well on the diet 1 week in tmoz not hungry at all and feel good apart from this embarresing problem

Sez, you're right, the LL flavours just don't help this problem for some of us. I was averaging over a tub a week and it made no difference. However, the problem is just the same for me on CD unfortunately! I've tried psyllium husks too but no improvement as yet...I can't find any alternative to the hideous but effective dulcolax!

So glad you are feeling better. Am interested in the Movicol too. as said before, Isuffer terrribly with pain, bleeding etc etc every single week though not to your degree.

I realy think LL shoud take note of what happened t you and altho its not the "party line" they should accept that LL fails in this area. ITs all very well saying the water flavours have fibre to help this issue, but for many they dont work (Ijust had hideous wind from them). We pay enough for this diet on a weekly basis and I beleive that this should include enough fibre or whatever it takes to help us"go".

Keep going, you are truly an inspiration.

xx

Hi Sez,

((((hugs))))

I truly feel for you, its a horrible feeling. I think you should go and see your GP, especially if your having regular bouts of bleeding and its very painful for you to go - because the docs at the hospital told me that the more I was straining to go the worse it made the situation. As embarrassing as it was to be poked and prodded and examined it was much preferable to the pain and the anxiety that preceded it. You can get Movical over the counter as well as it being prescribed - I checked with my LLC and she said that it was fine to take and in the few days I have been taking it, it has certainly helped, I am by no means back to normal but I feel better.

I agree that it's something that LL should look into and not just reccommend drink more water because I was drinking more than requisite amount and still having probs. You shouldn't have to suffer like this LL is not easy at the best of times and the physical symptoms and discomfort and pain certainly make it all that more difficult.

If not your GP, perhaps NHS Direct as a first port of call ?

I hope you get it sorted and feel better soon:hug99:

ruby
xx

Thanks Ruby. HOw lovely that you are thinknig of others even though you have sufferd a lot yourself.

Bless you.

xx

Back