Emerald's Diary - I'm £100 Richer!!

Emerald

Hope no-one minds a newbie starting up a little diary. I hope I can put down how I'm feeling about it all as the time goes on.

So I've been on the plan for nearly a week now. I should have my first official weigh in tomorrow but I'm ditching class in favour of going out instead, cinema and then my favourite restaurant! I'm going to have only free foods during the day tomorrow and then have whatever I want at the restaurant (an all you can eat place!)

Well I'm feeling really really upbeat about my new eating plan. I always feel like the first person to have ever embarked on the dieting journey each time I start a new diet and I'm well aware that this elation will fade, I just really hope that it sticks around long enough to break my bad habits. I feel like I'm at a cross-roads and I really need to lose this weight, there is no other clear option open for me. If I want the things I really aim for in life then I have to lose this weight!

Anyway I'm feeling gleeful, I know the diet has already started to work, I've lost 2.5lbs in only 4 days on the plan and I have eaten such nice stuff, some of it typical to what I would eat anyway. I've not really felt deprived, the only thing I've really lamented is the cordial I love to drink, it isn't sugar free and is very high syn so I've allowed myself one glass so far, normally I'd have 5/6 glasses a day without thinking about it. Once I've bought myself some sugar free stuff I should quickly get over the loss though.

I have a brilliant incentive scheme to accompany my own willpower as well - for every lb I lose my husband will give me £2 to spend in my favourite shop, and will also let me download a 79p iTunes song from the iTunes store. Also, for every stone I lose I'll be given an additional £10 to spend in my favourite shop. Also, and this is the kicker, when I get to target he'll let me spend £400 on my new wardrobe of clothes! PLUS my Dad has promised to shell out £100 to make it up to a nice even £500. So I have plenty of reasons that aren't even my own to shift this weight. I can't imagine what £400 worth of clothes looks like as I almost always shop in Primark. In fact the whole outfit I'm currently wearing came from Primark apart from my bra and socks, both of which were presents anyway!! Normally I spend very little on clothes and can't wait to start enjoying buying nice things to wear.

Ok so that's that. Really hope my anniversary meal out doesn't cause too much damage!

Emerald
X

I've not really felt deprived, the only thing I've really lamented is the cordial I love to drink, it isn't sugar free and is very high syn so I've allowed myself one glass so far, normally I'd have 5/6 glasses a day without thinking about it

Who Needs cordial when water is sooooo gooooooood :D
My worst habit was coke! But now ive been drinking water for over a month and i love it. I used to hate it and was like YUCK! But Now I Drink 4L plus a day, and hopefully you can too :D

I have a brilliant incentive scheme to accompany my own willpower as well - for every lb I lose my husband will give me £2 to spend in my favourite shop, and will also let me download a 79p iTunes song from the iTunes store. Also, for every stone I lose I'll be given an additional £10 to spend in my favourite shop. Also, and this is the kicker, when I get to target he'll let me spend £400 on my new wardrobe of clothes! PLUS my Dad has promised to shell out £100 to make it up to a nice even £500.

Oh Wow :D What A Nice Hubby and Dad You Have :D:D:D
Its a Good Incentive for you to stick to it.
How much are you wanting to lose and in what time line hun?

My worst habit was coke!

Just like Amy Winehouse eh?? ;):p

I drink like a fish and have bought in loads of pepsi max and sprite zero too help me get through it, I drink a couple of glasses of water a day too but just can't hack it all being water!

My incentive scheme is pretty amazing, I'm really lucky. I know it's because my hubby really wants me to lose the weight, if I do there's a better chance we can have another child, so it's really important for both of us. Plus I think he wants me to be able to do more positions in bed.... :eek::D

I'm 14st 10.5lb at the start of SW and want to get to 9st7lbs as I'm only 5'2.5'' :( Being short is such a pain when you're overweight, the BMI chart just looks soooo far away! My time line isn't really defined although I've paid for a countdown 12 week course and want to be club 10 by the time that runs out.

Emerald
X

I've got my second visit to my proper group tonight. Feeling really excited about it and really hoping for a good loss on the scales. I've had a great food week, not least the bacon and egg sarnie I had for lunch earlier today!! Feeling nervous because I;m not sure that this diet can actually work, I've been enjoying it too much!
Will update again after my WI

Emerald
X

I've lost another 4.5 lbs!! So in two weeks on SW I've lost half a stone. I am so happy, it's unreal. AND I was Slimmer of the Week at my group! Yeehaw! About to tuck into an indian takeaway ;) (chicken dhanzka 6.5 syns and 1 popadom 4 syns so keeping within syns for the day still :O I love SW!)

A very happy
Emerald
X

Well done Emerald - are you also from the Emerald Isle (like me?).
What is the dhanzka, and is that the syns for a full portion??

Nxx

Well done Emerald thats a fab loss in 2 weeks, and congrats on getting SOTW. xx:D:p:D

Just like Amy Winehouse eh?? ;):p
:eek:
Cheeky Cheeky lol

I've lost another 4.5 lbs!! So in two weeks on SW I've lost half a stone. I am so happy, it's unreal.
Plus I think he wants me to be able to do more positions in bed.... :eek::D
Hehehehe Go Hubby!!!

I've lost another 4.5 lbs!! So in two weeks on SW I've lost half a stone. I am so happy, it's unreal.
Wow!! Go You!!! Thats Sooo Good.

That great news Emerald, you must be sooooo pleased!

Keep going, and hope you enjoyed your curry

Charls x

Thankyou everyone :) The curry I had was a Chicken Dhansak and my FO book lists it as 6.5 syns on a red day (which I was luckily on) or 18.5 on a green day. It states 'average portion' so I guessed that meant one portion as you'd buy it from the takeaway. Hope it didn't mean half of it.... still not that bad even if it did. And it was very, very tasty. Lots of big chunks of chicken. Yum. I enjoyed it and normally from the Indian I'd have had a peshwari naan (25 syns!) and a couple of onion bhajees ( 8.5 each) and a whole pot of raita (1 syn per tbsp) and probably some mango chutney and lime pickle as well....... oh man I sound like a pig. The amount last night was just right, accompanied by a pepsi max can and followed by a muller light, I didn't stuff myself and end up feeling ill this morning like normal.

Eddie - no I'm not from Ireland I'm afraid! Would love to visit though :) Just really love emeralds and the colour of them. I'm addicted to green things. I have a weird sense of colour and green makes me feel happy. I think tastes have colours to them as well e.g skimmed milk tastes blue... my husband thinks I'm weird (as does everyone on here now oops) Anyway I love emeralds.....! :D

Emerald
X

Thankyou everyone :) The curry I had was a Chicken Dhansak and my FO book lists it as 6.5 syns on a red day (which I was luckily on) or 18.5 on a green day. It states 'average portion' so I guessed that meant one portion as you'd buy it from the takeaway. Hope it didn't mean half of it.... still not that bad even if it did. And it was very, very tasty. Lots of big chunks of chicken. Yum. I enjoyed it and normally from the Indian I'd have had a peshwari naan (25 syns!) and a couple of onion bhajees ( 8.5 each) and a whole pot of raita (1 syn per tbsp) and probably some mango chutney and lime pickle as well....... oh man I sound like a pig. The amount last night was just right, accompanied by a pepsi max can and followed by a muller light, I didn't stuff myself and end up feeling ill this morning like normal.

Eddie - no I'm not from Ireland I'm afraid! Would love to visit though :) Just really love emeralds and the colour of them. I'm addicted to green things. I have a weird sense of colour and green makes me feel happy. I think tastes have colours to them as well e.g skimmed milk tastes blue... my husband thinks I'm weird (as does everyone on here now oops) Anyway I love emeralds.....! :D

Emerald
X
If the servings are anything like the one I had from our chinese, the servings you get are double what the book says. I had a special fryed rice which the servings say 9.5syns on green for 310g. the serving I got I weighed and it was 605g!!!!!!!:sigh:

I had a suspiscion that might be the case Tina, so I didn't weigh it because I didn't want to know!
Still, it'll only be an extra 6.5 syns for the curry if it is and that's not too bad, not like I have a takeaway every week, eh? :)

Emerald
X

Then its a deal Emerald, you must visit the Emerald Isle - well it would be rude not to and taste the guinness and decide if black it the true colour..
Tina T - thats a nightmare about the chinese, I asked my consultant about that as I normally share with hubby and she said then it would be half (ie.4.5 ish) syns - obviously she got that one wrong - would not be the first thing..

Bummer gonna have to look at something else, we normally have 1 takeaway per 1-2 weeks, so need another "good" option.
Nxx

Nxx

I lost another 4 pounds tonight!!! AND SOW again! Got a whole bag full of fruit, more than I could ever eat in a week lol

So pleased. Enjoying the diet so so so much. Hope to get my stone award next week seeing as I am now so close. 12 lbs in 4 weeks is amazing for a diet that isn't vlcd!!

So chuffed and pleased to bits. I've enjoyed (nearly) every single thing that has gone in my mouth the last 4 weeks and haven't gone hungry either.

Emerald
X

Well I'm 2lbs away from my first stone (and my £100 from my Dad!)

It's star week at the moment and I'm really feeling it, bloated and tired and my scales aren't looking very friendly. I was really hoping to my stone award tonight but I don't think it's going to happen. But it should mean that I'm on for a good week next week as I've been good all week.

My Dad's away for another 2 weeks anyway so I'll have to wait for the cash either way!
This week I've experienced the first real 'ooh i want real food' thoughts when we were in the corner shop the other day. Hubby picked up some milkshakes and said I could also get myself a treat but nothing was really appropriate and I just wanted to cave and get a bar of chocolate. I got a bottle of diet lemonade instead though!
Still enjoying it though and still loving that I can eat so much! Looking forward to next week when it won't be star week anymore and I'll be feeling a lot more normal and my weight should really be down again!

Emerald
X

You are doing so so well huni - be proud and what ya gna do with £100 lol

Dont think I was around when you lost that 4lbs or I would have posted! Well done and well done for not caving in the shop. You're doing really well, that £100 motivation is fab!

Thankyou ladies :)

I've already spent the £100 actually (is that positive thinking or carelessness I wonder?? lol) as we had a photo shoot done of our baby a fortnight ago and are using my Dad's money towards the pictures! I'm really lucky that he is supportive though as he has hinted that the next stone he will have another reward for me. Seems a bit silly as I'm a grown up married woman with a child of my own that my Dad is giving me incentive money! Not going to argue though.....! It's really helping to spur me on, like in the shop I was thinking 'well I need that money so can't have the dairy milk!'

I've had a shower but still feeling really bloated and stuffy, silly time of the month :(

Emerald
X

Back