Emergency question

LisaLisa2011

Trying to make oopsie rolls lol 6 oz of cream cheese?? Are my scales wrong because put 2 tubs in and still no where near 6 oz???

Your scales are wrong. 3 oz is 75g and there's usually 8 oz or 200g in a tub. The rule is one egg to 1 oz cream cheese if that helps!

Thanks it very eggy smell and texture at the moment, don't know what else I expected!! May try linseed! Do you know if they sell in supermarkets? Will give this a taste first, was easy and I need easy!!

Oh I can't eat them by themselves- taste like a bad omelet, but they're ok to use as bread with lots of filling. I use cheese, salami and cucumber and it's ok. With burgers they taste more or less like McDonald baps (if you use your imagination just a tad).

Don't touch them until tomorrow, just leave them open on your worktop.

Hmm I might give the linseed things a go too :rolleyes:

I haven't tried oopsies but love flax bread. I get Holland and Barrett brown linseed and grind my own, it's 0.7 carbs per 100g.

I mix 30g ground flax with 1/2 tsp baking powder and a good shake of your favourite dried herbs, stir, break in an egg and mix well. I then add a dribble of water, stir well again (it will get a teensy bit foamy but don't worry about this) and leave to sit for a minute.

I use a square microwave container for the whole process, and once mixed, it then goes in the microwave for 3 minutes. When it's zapped, it should have risen a bit. I then tip it out and cut in half and voila - two pieces of bread, ready to toast or fry in the saucepan - that's lovely with some flavoured oil, like basil or chilli. Mmmm.

Or you can go toasted and pile on loads of butter, some marmite and cheese! :)

Total carbs - about 2! (apart from the cheese)

Thanks for that recipe! Think I'm gonna give it a go. Was looking online for somewhere that sold it, I haven't got a grinder though so would have to get the already grinded one. Any idea if holland and barret do it? Urgh god tried a bit and couldn't stand it!! Actually made me heave a bit lol think ive made myself sick of eggs already.. Gonna give the cheeseburger pie a go tomorrow!! Thanks guys :)

Back