Emily's 6 month countdown diary.

Just doing a quick bit of planning for tomorrow! So here's the plan so far:

- Yogurt with strawberries.
- Weetabix with semi skimmed milk.
- A sandwich thin with home made coronation chicken and salad.

I'll be eating out tomorrow evening so I'll probably go to 'spoons and have the Reggae Reggae wrap for 364 calories or if I'm feeling productive, I'll make some pasta and take it with me! Yumm. x

Thanks! I think I managed okay... only had two glasses of wine. :eek:

I have Zumba tonight, can't wait! I feel really sloth like this week as I haven't been swimming much due to the period from hell, but I'm trying to keep up going to the gym. I've also started doing stomach crunches before I go to bed.

I'm trying really hard not to get frustrated with the fact that it's going to be a long journey 'til I hit target. I went bridesmaid dress shopping with my little sister yesterday and she kept asking to go wedding dress shopping, but the idea terrifies me! Anyway, hopefully my weight will be under control by Christmas and it won't be quite so scary.

Todays foodage:

- Yogurt health drink (yakult style)
- Mango
- Pasta bolognese with lots of spinach and veg.
- Mushroom soup with half a bread roll.
- A banana.

x

well done on only the two glasses of wine.
i know what you mean about being frustrated with the weight loss taking a long time. but i think if it takes a while to come of then maybe it will less likely to come back on again. you have done really well so far.your food sounds really nice and healthy.
hope you had a good zumba class.

Hey guys... can't believe it's been three weeks since I've posted on here! I hit a bit of a bad spell. I don't really want to go into it all but my Mum got diagnosed with breast cancer and a few other sillier things happened and dieting was a lesser priority for a while but my head is finally back in diet mode and I'm on track ready for my wedding!

Liam and I have set a rough date of April/May 2013 so that gives me plenty of time to tone up and get into shape before the big day but in reality, I want to get as small as possible before the new year so I can start dress shopping in 2012! So we're back to the 6 month countdown!

I have no idea how much weight I've put on over the last few weeks but I'm thinking it's a lot... I don't think I'm going to bother weighing myself this time. I'm just going to exercise loads and eat less and hope for the best.

Todays intake so far:

- Small bowl of cereal with semi skimmed milk.
- A sausage roll (200cals so not tooo bad).
- Salad, malaysian chicken and rice.
- An orange.

I'm also off swimming later so that should be some good exercise to get back into the swing of things.

Hey Emily...

I'm so sorry to hear about your mum. My thoughts are with you and your family and I really hope you all find the strength to get through this difficult time.

Exciting that you have set a rough date to get married!! The fact you're back on the diet wagon and seem so focused is proof enough that you can do it.

Please keep posting! I'm going to check in at least once a week now so be good to have a buddy to go along with since I've also slipped a bit lately !

hi emily, hope u dont mind me reading ur diary, i love how u keep it plain and simple but have a little ramblong too lol (in a good way!) u remind me a little of myself! lol keep up the good work hunni xxx

Thanks Erin <3 Positive thinking is what's getting us all through it atm so hopefully it'll start making positive results soon! I hope everything is going well with your Summer job... although I don't know if we should really be calling it a Summer. Silly British weather!

Thanks juicygooseface! Glad you're enjoying it and hope your healthy eating is going well too :)

I shall definitely be posting here on a daily basis from now on. Last week has been a bit crazy as it was my buffday (boo getting old) but now me and liam have set an OFFICIAL wedding date of 06/10/12 which is REALLY not very long to get prepared so I'm going full steam ahead on operation wedding dress. :D

Todays foodage:

- A tuna and sweetcorn sandwich.
- Banana.
- Muller rice with strawberries.
- Jacket potato with chicken curry, green beans and sweetcorn. Nom!
- A lindt lindor sweet :| blip.

Also going swimming, woop. Hope you're all having a good week!

E x

Last edited:
ooh food sounds yum! have fun swimming! i will deffo be watching your diary :) xx

Thanks!

Soo, todays foodage:

- Peanut butter on toast.
- Strawberry and banana smoothie.
- Crispy chicken wrap with lettuce, onion and chilli sauce.
- Moar fruit and maybe a nutrigrain bar if I get peckish after ze gym.

I'm also going to do like, 20 sit ups and some squats at home and then go for a gym and swim tonight. I want to start going 5 times a week again, I've got Zumba tomorrow night too so that should be good. I don't even know how much I weigh anymore so I'm not going to bother finding out, I'll just keep my fingers crossed that this is working!

Hope you're all having a good day!

E x

Man, Idk what was wrong with me yesterday but all day I was thinking about food. Crazy times. Today feels a bit better though! I feel like I'm eating too much still but I guess once I get used to eating like this I'll cut back a bit more and do it gradually.

I've got Zumba tonight, woop. Exciting. My little brother bought me some new Converse for my b-day so I'll be testing them out for the first time!

Todays foodage:

- A packet of Sweet Chilli Sunbites (omg delicious).
- Chicken wrap with cucumber, onions, sweetcorn and satay sauce.
- Spinach, onion and mozzerella stuffed mushrooms, grilled chicken and sweetcorn.
- Strawberries.
- A banana.
- Small packet of yogurt raisins. Mm mm.

I might also have an Options hot chocolate tonight, will see how I feel after Zumbaaa.

Last edited:
omg i had a crazy food day yesterday too! ate way too much but i dont mind i am back on track today :) xx

Aha, glad I'm not the only one! Well done for getting back on track though, s'the hardest bit.

I got to Zumba today and the class was full :( so I managed half an hour in the gym before I retired home and had two glasses of wine and another pack of Sunbites (dayum) but it's cool because in comparrison to what I wanted to eat... it's pretty darn good.

I'm going to a beach party tomorrow and I've been invited around someones house for like, the best lasagne in the world so I'm going to gym and swim in the morning and then have a super salad or something for lunch to counteract the lasagne-y goodness. I'mma buy some sugar free ribena (the champagne of soft drinks) for the party and drink it in a wine glass so I don't feel left out. :D

x

heya how was the lasagne? i used to make one with both dolmio sauces and use mozarella and normal cheese - twas beautiful- i do miss it (which is why i have to live through your lasagne eating!) lol xx

hi read through ur diary its sounds great and u seem to have similar kind of weight loss targets to me tho u have already lost alot well done! i have just started a new food diary here and hope to get some tips and ideas on how to go healthy eating all the way im more about having 3 meals a day 2 snacks (fruit=veg) and steering awaay from binging on any thing i can get my hands on lol! would love to hear feedback as u are obvs doin well.

Ah can't believe I've not posted for a week! I'm seriously slacking! Although the good news is that I've still been sticking to the healthy eating this time and I'm quite proud of myself for that. The lasagne was amazing, I only had a small bit though and it was totally worth it. Mm mm. The beach party was also good! Didn't touch any of the good stuff aka wine :) I did have a sneaky glass at the weekend though, woops.

Thanks Michelle! I'll have a look at your diary although from reading your post, it sounds like you've got the right attitude and I'm sure you'll do epic :)

Todays foodage:

- A clementine and apple.
- A chicken wrap with loads of salad and home made chilli mayo (super low fat).
- Bolognese stuffed mushrooms with a little bit of pasta and lots of sweetcorn, peas, grated carrot and courgettes.
- A small packet of yoghurt raisins.
- Strawberries.

I'm also going gym'ing and swimming tonight with Liam so that should be fun. My weekly gym schedule now looks like this:

Monday: 30 minutes gym and 20 lengths in the swimming pool.
Tuesday: 10 minutes gym, 1 hour of aqua aerobics and then 20 lengths.
Wednesday: 1 hour of Zumba.
Thursday: 30 minutes gym and 20 lengths.
Friday: 1 hour of Zumba and 15 lengths.

I'm still keeping weekends off but I might go swimming this Saturday if I get bored! I'm so motivated at the moment. I've also massively up'd my water intake so I'm hoping that shall help. I think I'm going to start weighing myself though because I can't feel any difference in my body so maybe I do need to see actual figures to prove to myself it's working... who knows. Might be worth a try!

Hope you're weeks been good everyone! Love x

wow u are an angel at this working out malarky!! :D xx

Haha, I will be one day (hopefully)! I've just got back from Zumba and swimming... so, so tired! Tempted to have a mid afternoon nap. :eek:

Todays foodage:

- A nutrigrain bar.
- Half a can of pepsi max.
- A small bowl of tomato soup and a cheese sandwich.
- A clementine.
- Turkey and mushroom chinese style curry with vegetable fried rice and roasted peppers. Mmm mm.
- A bowl of strawberries and a petit filous.

I keep getting real hungry late at night so I'm going to try and start going to bed earlier and avoid any snacking unless it's fruit or maaaybe a hot chocolate (options stylee). :cool:

x

food sounds great! yeah i always seem to have a hot chocolate with mini marshmallows at night now as it stops me munching, and if u put the mini marshmallows in with the powder and then pour the water in, then stir it, then add some more and leave it, it settles and u get like a tasty mallow layer on the top of the hot choc to spoon off and munch! haha i usually find i dont want to munch anything after that xx

Back