Emilys Diary

Emilyx

Silver Member
Hey all

I've spent a good part of today and yesterday reading up on these diaries & I can see they're a good thing to have for support so I thought I'd do one for myself.

I currently weigh 12st1lbs 8oz and would like to get down to 10stone something for Christmas which not sure if thats realistic or not! I have joined my fitness pal which has given me a total of 1200 calories to consume, would that be too little to begin with?

Today I have had (or will have later)
Breakfast - Sainsburys Shreddies and lactofree milk (140 calories)
Lunch - Chicken breast (130g) in a roll (375 calories)
Dinner - 2 slices of crust away bread, beans and 2 eggs (270 calories)
Snacks - 4 Crackerbread with half a 30g tub of choccie philly (119 calories) Fruit Split lolly (75calories) & 2 pink and whites (100 calories)

Total - 1151

Might not try and find the other calories as I don't want to eat after 6/7pm and not had dinner yet. The only thing I've been drinking is water, I bloat quite easily and get tummy cramps so trying to not eat late and not eat too much junk! Didn't like the choccie philly much so won't be having that again!

Hi Emily

I usually stick to around 1200 cals through the week but I have more at the weekend when I go out for meals and drinks.
Maybe see if you're still hungry on 1200 and up it by a couple of hundred if you are, it shouldn't have a huge effect on our weight loss.
Good luck!

Hey blueway, that's reassuring to hear that some days I could go over and not 100% stick to 1200 calories.

Finally had my dinner and luckily I'm full lol tomorrow is going to be a test as we are out for the day for the boyfriends dads birthday. Think they're doing a BBQ so as we are there early I'll only have breakfast. Got such a headache today though which not sure why, could be the heat I guess lol

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

The good things about calorie counting is if u go over and have say 1400 all u gotta do is burn off 200 extra calories so an hours walk should do that x

Well past few days been manic, not been online much as nice weather is keeping me away lol So restarting today, I had a manic binge yesterday as cat was being spayed and son potty training and the 2nd BBQ in a row = stressful. Off out in a little while but so far had

Breakfast - Beans (50g), 2 slices of toast, lactofree spread & 2 eggs (270calories)
Snacks - 4 cracker bread with extra light philly (109 calories)

Will make a point of keep coming on here to try and keep me on the straight and narrow :D This weight HAS to come off!

So yesterdays food diary is this;

Breakfast - Beans (50g), 2 slices of toast, lactofree spread & 2 eggs (270calories)
Lunch didn't have.
Dinner - Kingsmill Tasty Wholemeal roll & chicken leg with skin (356 calories)
Snacks -
4 cracker bread with extra light philly, Eric the Elephant choccie biscuits & Cornetto classic. (541 calories)
Total - 1167 calories

Today for some reason have got a huge headache :/ could be down to the heat I guess. My sons not 100% either so hoping whatever it is goes soon as he was up early.

Breakfast - Crumpet with lactofree spread (137 calories)
Lunch -
Eggy bread made with wholemeal bread (328 calories)
Dinner - Baked potato, beans and southern fried chicken (543 calories) - might change my mind on that but will decide later.
Snacks - 4 cracker bread & philly extra light (109 calories)

Total - 1117 calories.

Hi Emilyx, Im just starting out too so thought id say hello! Your food diary looks like a dream to me! Iv always been of the opinion that dieting means eating salad and nothing nice so eating anything just counting cals is a new concept for me! I had sort of a try at it yesterday and was astounded! Anyway, just thought id say hello and hopefully we can motivate eachother!

Hey Floss, I did calorie counting a few months ago, lost a stone in a month and all I did was ate what I wanted IF it stayed in my limits. It is weird to get around as I am such a fussy eater - don't like veg and some things are now giving me terrible cramps like dairy, spicy food and fizzy drinks so I'm hoping this will work! I had a cheeky look this morning from yesterday and I've already lost 0.8lbs lol, not a lot but when I've had "normal food" (not salads and soups) then I know its working for me :) How did you find your "try out" yesterday?

x

Did you literally just eat anything? no limits apart from calories? I found it very very strange! Im a student nurse so im currently on placement of 13 12.5 hour shifts a month. I was working yesterday and had fruit, cornflakes, jacket potato and beans through the day and couldnt believe how many cals i had left. Last night was a disaster but it really made me realise that if i just count cals and forget all about the low carb just salad rubbish it might just work that way. I adore my fruit and veg tho so I do gravitate towards that as i feel rubbish without it but its nice to know i can relax a little! iv also accepted that i can lose this weight over say 6 months rather than doing something crazy to try and lose it over two! just gutted i didnt realise this two mnths ago before i gained back all my breakup weight loss...im amazed how much my body has expanded in such a short time...ah well...im still healing...first love sucks!

Yep, some days I'd have a takeaway with the other half, some days I'd have chocolate and crisps as snacks and I'd still lose that week. Its possible to lose weight while eating what you like as long as its within the limits :) I'd also walk two hours a day with my sons nursery so I'm not if that helped? But I suppose the good thing with eating like this is, if you find something doesn't work you can always cut it out as I know some people are sensitive to carbs so will gain etc.. It is shocking what you can eat for 1200 or less! At the end of the day its just eating everything but in moderation, we only got fat in the first place because we over ate (well I did anyways, its shocking the things I ate daily :/)
Aww no sorry to hear you split with your first love :( I think thats why I got huge too as I always thought we were meant to be, then I had a miscarriage and it messed us up, a few months after we split we thought to try again but for some reason it never happened and over a year later I got with my now boyfriend who I've been with for nearly 6 years & have a 3 year old son with so there is light at the end of the tunnel!
You'll be kept on your feet with those 12.5 hour shifts! I see why you'd want to stock up on the veg if it keeps you full with those shifts lol
x

Oh one thing I did find helped the first time I did this, was I cut out all fizzy drinks. My tum shrunk pratically over night! I had some coke the other day and for the next day I was in pain, so not worth it.
x

So was up most the night with my son, he has his back teeth coming through and its hurting him and he won't take teething gel or calpol so was up until 1am with him. Just going to have breakfast now :/ oops! The boyfriend seems to be getting into the Olympics so we've had that on all day.

Breakfast - Sainsburys Malties with Lactofree milk (140 calories)
Lunch - Chicken nuggets & chips (454 calories - trying to get the little one to eat as hes living on yoghurt right now)
Dinner - Scrambled egg - (160 calories)
Snacks - Cornetto ice cream (140 cals) Cereal bar (83 calories)

Total calories - 997 calories - might some orange juice or something to make up the calories! I live on water lol

Last edited:
Aww bless him, your son I mean not the boyfriend! Iv only just had brekkie too haha, lovely lay in! Last night the olympics was to blame for my epic day 1 failure but i dont mind, i feel so much more stable mentally so just starting again today!

Haha I guess! Im just really bored today, never really know what to do with myself when im not at work...sad eh! Also causes the mind to wander and it usually ends up somewhere in the confectionery isle! Im just sort of glued to my chair watching telly/browsing internet rubbish due to the gift arriving from mother nature (finally!) I was convinced I was pregnant! Doesnt help the diet though my chocolate craving are through the roof! Feeling good about making my goal date xmas though ...lots of time to do it properly :)

Aww no about your gift but woohoo too if that makes sense lol! I know how you feel about today being a boring day, we're staying in because of little one not eating and not being himself and its just been really boring :/ Just think you can have chocolate but don't go crazy on it :p apparently those fun size bars are great for little chocolate treats, but my willpower won't be there for me to stop after just one lol How much weight have you got to lose to get to goal? 22 weeks until Christmas so you could easily lose 22lbs at least :eek:! xx

I just walked all the way to the library with 3 heavy books, all ready to be good and start my essay and it was closed! Exhausted now! Trust me to start my weight loss plan today, I cant see it happening but ill try! Gunna have to lie down now aha. I dont know my current weight as I know weighing right now will cause me to binge and be incredibly down as I saw very low numbers a few months ago! But im guessing I have about 3 stone max to go. Takes as long as it takes i guess.

Aww no way! I suppose thats some exercise for you though :p When do you need to have the essay done by? With the dieting.. you can do this! It might seem hard at first with lesser calories than what you'd normally eat but think what you'd gain in the long run :)
xxx

So had another bad night sleep with the little one! He was up with his teeth again at 1am, but he was so hyper, ended up in our bed but he doesnt lay nicely.. so I got a backache.

Todays going to be another lazy day I think, I hope anyways as during the week busy as hell with various appointments. Hope everyone has a good day.

Food diary for today

Breakfast - Co Op Shreddies & lactofree milk (145 calories)
Lunch - Homemade burger and wedges (490 calories)
Dinner - 2 Egg omlette (160 calories)
Snacks - Ice Lolly, Pom Bear & Crackerbread with lactofree creme cheese (281 calories)

Total - 1076 - might have some more crackerbread later if I feel like it.

Last edited:
Back