Emily's first time VLCD diary!

LuhLuhLoser

4. 8. 15. 16. 23. 42.
Wuhhh here goes! Sorry for the long rambling!

This is probably the 10th time I've started a diary on Minimins! Although it's my first time on the Cambridge Diet! I previously lost about 3 stone on Slimming World but I hit a plataeu and have been losing and regaining the same ten pounds for almost a year now. I'm getting married in August and it got to a point where I just thought enough is enough. I'm just sick of food controlling my life. I figured it would be worth giving this a shot and I'm so glad I started!

I'm LOVING it so far. I had my consultation on Monday evening and started Tuesday morning. I've just completed day 3 and I feel so liberated lol. I know it's lame but I've spent my whole life obsessing over what to cook for dinner or what restaurants I can go to celebrate whatever and so on. Before starting this on Monday, I was planning on starting on in April after Easter so I could cook a massive dinner for my family. I spent ages working out what we can have and what ingredients I need and then I realised that my life literally revolves around food. So I'm done with it for the next 12 weeks.

Day 1 was a bit challenging because I had a monster headache and I also thought it would be good to use the ready made shakes for work but they were totally gross. I drank them because I'm looking at this from the point of view that this isn't about yummy tasting stuff, it's about getting the nutrients I need to survive while I go cold turkey on my biggest addiction. I had the chicken and mushroom soup when I got home though and loved it! I also didn't feel hungry at all! Since then I've only been using the powder shakes and soups and it's been much better. Headaches seem to be fading, hunger seems okay, peeing like there's no tomorrow etc.

I really want to ride this our for the next 12 weeks, which will take me to my 25 birthday. I really want to feel confident and for once in my life be able to go out and buy a dress without worrying if it had sleeves or if it would go with a cardigan. I also really want to be able to shop at Topshop and Miss Selfridge etc... and be able to fit into the petite range so I don't have to take my jeans up lol.

Anywho, I'm feeling good so far. Seeing everybodies progress on here is so motivating too! I love it! I've also been watching lots of Supersize vs Superskinny and pretend online shopping (so lame but so good lol) to keep me occupied. I might post one thing I want to buy when I get to target in my diary to keep me extra motivated!

Fingers crossed I can do this!

Todays dream purchase:

Topshop glitter loop back dress (£38) - Would be awesome to wear on my birthday :rolleyes:

35C20DNUD_2_large.jpg35C20DNUD_3_large.jpg

E x

Thanks lass321! I definitely won't be wearing those shoes lol, I'd probably brake a leg for one. Well done on your amazing losses so far :) x

Well this diet is def helping with my food addiction. That's what I really needed the help with. Getting back in control and I feel in control now.

My life was always about food before and was what I got excited about. Now that's gone I have had to find other things and those things don't give me regret and guilt after I have had them, like a bath or new moisturiser! Ha

Well this diet is def helping with my food addiction. That's what I really needed the help with. Getting back in control and I feel in control now.

My life was always about food before and was what I got excited about. Now that's gone I have had to find other things and those things don't give me regret and guilt after I have had them, like a bath or new moisturiser! Ha

Well done are you looking to lose more than your 10lb I guess if your going on this for 12 weeks? That dress is lovely and I too look online for what I want to wear when I'm skinny! My husband bought me a pair of stunning jeans 2 years ago I have never been able to get on and I'm hoping in a few weeks they will fit! This will be a major goal and motivator for me.

Keep up the good work x

Thank you! I know it sounds silly but just seeing your weight loss progress in your sigs make me really want to work even harder on this. Seeing results in other people is incredibly inspiring! You've both done amazing! I'm starting to feel more in control and it's a really good feeling. I was around quite a bit food earlier and it would have been way too easy to just take a bite of something but I really don't feel the need at the moment. I think with any addiction, transfering it from a negative one to a positive one plays a huge part in being successful! I used to love cooking shows and now instead I just watch weight loss shows. It's amazing how much more time I have!

That's nice of your husband! I definitetly think having clothes at home to aim for helps. I'm super lucky that I showed my boyfriend (Liam!) the dress last night and as I got into bed he told me he'd ordered it for me in a size 12! Crazy stuff. He's so supportive it's unreal! I'm currently a 16/18 so it'll be super awesome motivation! He's also said he's been making a savings account since Christmas for me to go shopping when I reach target. Such a lucky girl! :rolleyes:

Diet has been going well today. Had a chocolate orange shake for breakfast which was stomachable. I'm not overly bothered about enjoying the shakes as I'm only drinking them to keep me alive lol. I don't think I'll be getting that one again though. Having the vegetable soup at the moment and it's quite nice! I haven't had a headache again so I'm pretty sure I'm out of the headache phase but I have been feeling overly tired. Might just be me being a sloth though.

Todays dream purchase:

Miss Selfridge Petite lace print dres (£45) - Love florals!

34C15LMUL_large.jpg

Hope you're all having a good day! x

I'm a bit like you can't wait my aim is a size 10 but would be happy as a 12! A girl can dream can't she lol good luck for the weekend. Some people find it harder at the weekend but I work shifts so doesn't usually bother me :)

Thanks :) I'd be very happy being a size 12! I don't think I've ever been that small since I was about 13, which is probably not great lol. It's pretty cool though because the lightest I ever remember being in my adult life is 12st7lbs, so anything after that will be entirely new to me. I can't even comprehend what I would look like small, I'm pretty excited/intrigued to find out!

I feel better this morning than I did yesterday. I was just so lethargic and moody last night! Although I've just come on my TOTM, hopefully it won't affect my losses though. I'm going to try and keep myself as busy as possible this weekend! This forum is an amazing distraction, it sounds a bit lame but as soon as I come on here I feel so much more postive about sticking to the plan.

Hope you all have a good weekend! Will update my dream purchase later! Woohoo! x

Bleurghhh... I have zero energy at the moment. I'm not even sure I'm in ketosis yet. I'm starting to get a bit grumpier too! Haha, it's not unbearable though. I'm still feeling positive about lasting the 12 weeks, mainly because I really don't want this to be another plan that I've started and given up. I just want to actually set out to do something and accomplish it for once! I'll be on day 6 tomorrow and come tuesday it will only be 11 weeks to go. Surely I can do that!

I went over to my Mum's place earlier and she gave me some 'inspirational photos' to keep myself motivated. They were from her wedding where I must've weighed abour 16 stone. I look insanely awful! They're a definite help. Anyway, bubble bath time and a tall glass of water before a fun filled early night I'm thinking.

Todays dream purchase:

New Look High waisted denim shorts (£22.99) - God knows if I'll ever have the figure to pull these off but I can only try! :)

271608041.jpg

E x

Oh I like the shorts there lovely :) you totally can do this. I understand the wanting to make the plan work and not give up I'm the same. Was talking to my friend today who is very petite and always has been. We have a big night arranged end of April and I asked her to come shopping with me, her reply was dont you remember our nightmare trying to get you and outfit last yr. I explained well I e lost nearly 2 stone now so hopefully it won't be that bad lol.

Keep up the good work and when you see the scales dropping it will keep you motivated and 12 weeks will fly by :)

Eee thank you both! :)

Lol, I used to be terrible at shopping. I hate trying clothes on, probably just because I used to really hate looking at myself in the changing room mirrors. I bet it'll be much more fun now that you've lost some weight! Plus, think how much more weight you can lose between now and then! Will be excellent motivation and it's not that long to wait! :)

I'm going to go through all of my clothes today and try and get rid of about 50% of them. Liam and I are moving in with my parents next weekend so we can try and save up for mortgage, so it means we're moving from a 2 bedroom flat into pretty much one room. I think getting rid of some of my bigger clothes will be the first step, that way I won't be able to put the weight back on because nothing will fit me! :cool: I'm really looking forward to moving there though. My mum is on WW and she said she'll 100% support me on this and she'll do all the cooking for Liam too. She told me try on my bridesmaid dress from her wedding, so I did it last night and it was so big I could fit my arm in the dress as well! I'm going to keep it for when I get to target as it'll be a good comparrison to see how much I've changed.

Hope you're both having a nice Sunday! x

Day SEVEN complete! Woohoo! Can't believe I've actually made it the entire week. Got my first official weigh in tomorrow, I'm both excited and nervous. I'm looking forward to stocking up on my favourite shakes though. Think I'mma cut back on the soups and stick to what I like, even if milkshake for breakfast, lunch and dinner is a bit odd lol.

Gonna keep this short and get an early night, hope you all had a good a Monday as humanly possible!

Todays dream purchase:

River Island Print Frill Crop (£25) - Hellooo Mexico!

637077_main.jpg

E x

Hi there! I'm doing Slim and Save which is a very similar very low calorie diet - just wanted to wish you luck! I had 3 weeks on plan (then 2 weeks off for mine and my boyfriends birthday lol) now back on day 3. I've tried slimming world but I'm loving vlcd's - so easy. One thing I find useful is Ketone sticks - I love peeing on them and seeing the stick Pink :D if I have a moment of weakness I go pee and go "yep, bye bye fat" they're dead cheap to buy off EBay too!
good luck with the weigh in - I look forward to seeing your progress! x

Hy emily I read your post and just wanted to let you knw tht i started the cambridge diet on 20 march 2013 so we are on it at the same time.
so i wanted us to do this together and supprt each other through this and see how much we both loose. It is interesting to start together as we can emphasis on everything,,, well im gettinig weiged today,,,, but i want it to be easier to post to u or rite to u,,,do u have a fitnesspal or sumthing else so we can be in touch cuz i dont know how i can automatically cum on ur page and read ur posts....hope to hear ur succes

Hello lovelies! :)

Nurselibby, my manager lost loooads of weight on S&S! The bars are really yummy too, she gave me one once when I forgot my lunch! :rolleyes: I'm definitely going to get some of those stick things. I honestly don't know if I'm in Ketosis or not yet! My breath isn't terrible but I smoke quite a bit so maybe it's just terrible all the time? Lol bit worrying! I have been brushing daily though! I'm popping down to the shops in a bit so I'll see if I can get some Ketone sticks from the chemist, if not I'll defo order on eBay. Thanks! Do you have a diary on here? I *love* seeing other peoples progress, I'm sure it's one of the main things keeping me going! I get weighed in at 6pm so I'll update this later with the progress. Eek! :D

Elaha, that's an awesome idea. I have myfitnesspal, my username is tinypaperbirds. I don't really use it very often but I can go on there if you want to message me! If you see at the top of the page on minimins, there's a subscribed threads link... if you click that it should come up with a list of threads you have commented on and then you see whenever I update my thread. :) I would also recommend using this forum as much as possible and looking through all of the before and after pictures... it's very inspiring! How are you finding your first week? Do you know how much weight you want to lose? Good luck at your weigh in! We can do this! :D

Hope you're both having a lovely Tuesday! x

Right, this is a huge step in bravery for me but I just wanted to post my weight loss so far! Apologies for the absolutely vile underwear in the before pic, I think I just totally let myself go. There's a photo of me at my biggest ever (about 16stone!!!!) and a photo of me on Sunday at about 13st something... I just think this is the first time I've properly realised the difference losing weight has on how I look and it's exciting to think what losing another 3 stone will look like! I'll see if I can upload one from the side angle later as that's probably the biggest difference. It's like going from full moon to half moon haha. So here goes! x

beforeandafter1.jpg

Back