Emily's Journey to a Jawline - including food pics!

How's your weekend been?

Arghhh I just wrote a massive reply and then my PC crashed lol. Long story short; had a terrible weekend, didn't even enjoy any of the bad food I had except the one meal I had actually planned to have off. Back on it this morning! Aiming for a maintain this week. :(

Today's food:

Parma ham, spinach, egg and laughing cow light triangle (129 cals)
BBQ Pulled pork, cheese and salad flat bread (324 cals)
Chicken tikka, with saag "paneer", poppadom and mango chutney (458 cals)
Strawberries with choc shot (85 cals)
Hifi bar (73 cals)

Total calories: 1,069

I feel 100% back in the zone today. I definitely think planning helps, as normally after a treat night I'm ready to go the next day, but Saturday morning there was so much food left over from the night before and I wasn't prepared at all. I doubt it's going to be the last time I fall off the wagon, but hopefully it won't happen again for a while!

E x

I did that the other day and every now and then my computer randomly shuts everything down and restarts. Dunno why it does it but I usually lose everything then too and it's annoying.

I had a bad weekend too. The curry was on plan but the vino and sticky toffee pudding wasn't!!! I think sometimes you need a bit of a blow out to keep sane. Providing the blow out doesn't last for a full week that is!

That food sounds yummy as always.

Yeah I definitely agree. Glad I got back on it when I did!

Had a bit of a blip last night. Went to get the chicken out and as soon as I opened it I knew something wasn't right. Checked the date and it had gone off on the 3rd March! Bad times. So I had to make a quick dash to Tesco where I picked up a low calorie ready meal. Also got a nice low calorie chocolate dessert which was reeeeally good.

Today's food:

Frozen banana and PB2 Smoothie (256 cals)
Flatbread, hummus, parma ham, chorizo, tomatoes, pepper and cucumber platter (356 cals)
Walkers baked cheese and onion crisps (103 cals)
Courgetti bolognese with 25g cheddar (360 cals)
Raspberries, cream and choc shot (78 cals)

Total cals: 1,153

I've seen a recipe to to make a quick tomato mezze style dip, by cutting baby tomatoes in half and microwaving them with a dash of water, salt and pepper and smoked paprika. Going to try it at lunch and see how it goes!

E x

Had a quick weigh this morning and was 12st13lbs, which to be honest I'm fairly surprised at! Was good to see I'm still in the 12s, but I'm a still a lb heavier than I was Friday morning, so I'm going to have to really go some to claw it back for Saturdays weigh in. Like I said before, I'll be happy with a maintain this week.

Today's food plan:

Avocado on seeded toast with a slice of parma ham (248 cals)
Same lunch as yesterday pretty much (342)
Chicken and mushroom stroganoff, rice and broccoli and asparagus (413 cals)
McVities Medley bar (140 cals)
Raspberries, cream and choc shot (65 cals)

Total calories: 1,208

The tomato thing kind of worked but kind of didn't. It tasted nice but I think I put too much water in it! I'm going to order a jar of roasted peppers next week and make some roasted pepper dip. :)

E x

Ah I really hope so Hannah, I'm starting to feel like I'm not really getting anywhere lol. Just gotta stick it out!

Today's foods:

Avocado on toast
Walkers baked x 2
Medley digestive bar
Flatbread, hummus, chorizo, red pepper, tomatoes and cucumber
Gnocchi with 'look what we found' bolognese, 15g cheddar
Raspberries, cream and choc shot

Total cals: 1,350?

I'm feeling a bit ill tonight. I think I might just be over tired as I haven't been sleeping very well, but I have a crazy bad headache. I've not fully counted my calories today, but I know I've gone over 1,200. I'm not that bothered, it's still way under the recommended amount, so I should still be on track for a maintain on Saturday. I'm literally using all my strength to not go and have another medley bar. I really want one! I think it's my hormones makin' me crazy.

Food plan for tomorrow:

Egg on toast (181 cals)
Garlic and herb pitta sticks, with hummus and red pepper (280 cals)
Walkers baked (103 cals)
Medley bar (140 cals)
Chicken in black bean sauce with rice and broccoli (420 cals)
Berries, cream and choc shot (65 cals)

Total calories: 1,202

E x

Weighed in this morning, lost 2lbs this week! Literally some sort of miracle must have happened haha. Weighed in at 12st 10lb, so would really like to lost enough to get into single digits by the end of the week, although star week is nigh so we'll see how that goes first.

I've been reeeally busy lately, so I'm struggling get on here to keep it updated but I'm doing quite well I think. I didn't have a treat night tonight, but after last weekend I think I needed a good weekend to balance it out, if not just for the mental side of things. I'm also back in Bournemouth for the rest of week looking after my mum, so it's going to be a little bit trickier than usual to stick 100% to plan, but not undoable!

Kind of unrelated, but I'm also considering going vegan for a while, or at least cutting back on meat and animal by products. I've always felt a bit guilty and irresponsible for eating as much cheap meat and dairy as I do, and after quite a bit of research I think it might be worth trying, if not for just a few days a week to see how it goes. :D Will have a good think!

Hope you're all doing well!

E x

I couldnt manage being vegan. It would drive me nuts haha. One of my friends went vegan 6 months ago and she has the most amazing skin since cutting out dairy! She was veggie before so it's definitely the dairy that's helped her skin, it looks airbrushed!

Well done on your 2lb loss. If you're looking after your mum this week, being good half the time is better than being bad the whole time so just go with what's do-able for you each day.

I've not been on here much this week either cos I don't seem to have had a minute free! Going to try to use this site a bit more this week as it's great for motivation X

Haha, yeah I know what you mean. I think I'd be fine with no meat, but cheese and eggs would be really difficult. I might just go vegetarian and try and ease myself into it! Won't be happening this week though lol.

This site really is great for keeping me focused. I'm going to try and start using it more too, I was in a really good routine before! Will definitely make more of an effort. :)

Right now I feel like, maximum exhausted. We've booked to go to Snowdonia for a weekend for Liam's birthday, and it's only three weeks ago and his family want to climb snowdon! I'm all for it, because I think it'll be fun, but they're all super fit and I can barely climb the stairs without getting out of breath haha. To kind of prepare, we went on a 6 mile walk through the forest. It was awesome but I feel super tired now lol. I also had a roast dinner in a restaurant after, but I went for lean turkey, and the vegetables were all steamed. I gave half of the yorkshire/roast potatoes/stuffing to Liam, and I worked out I burnt 500 calories from my walk, so I think I'm all good!

So, todays foods:

Orange infused fruit loaf with butter (150 cals)
Mozzarella, tomato and pesto flat bread (270 cals)
Chilli sun bites (120 cals)
Roast turkey, roast potatoes, half a yorkshire, stuffing, carrots, broccoli and cabbage, gravy (750 cals aprox.)

Total calories: 1,290

That's a very rough estimate for dinner, but given the amount of exercise I've done today I think it's okay! I'm not back in Bournemouth until tomorrow night, so I'm going to have a really good diet day tomorrow and plan as much as I can for the rest of the week with my mumma.

Hope you're all having a great weekend!

E x

Turns out I'm not going to Bournemouth until Friday now! So I'm going to use this as an excuse to be really, really good on my diet.

Today's food:

Toasted fruit loaf with butter (150 cals)
Grilled chicken (100 cals)
Apple (45 cals)
Walkers baked (100 cals)
Minted lamb steak, mash potato, vegetables, gravy (450 cals)
Naked bar (140 cals)

Total calories: 980

Seeing as I'm staying here now, I might pop out later to get some food shopping to replenish my cupboards. My lunch was the worst lol, I literally just had a bowl of cooked chicken. I'm also going to try and make my own rye bread tomorrow to go with some soup. I really miss baking, so I figure I'm going to try and learn to bake healthy goods, starting with rye bread.

E x

Here to follow :)

I'm currently pregnant and following sw but you have some really good food ideas, I'm definitely having avocado on toast for breakfast tomorrow Xx

Hey Lisa! Congrats on the pregnancy. :) I love avocado on toast. It's better than butter, I think. Apparently Tesco have started doing frozen avocado halves, might have to try those at some point!

Today's food plan:

Fruit loaf with butter (150 cals)
Flat bread hummus platter (400 cals)
Teryaki cod loin, rice and spring greens (350 cals)
Sunbites (120 cals)
Apple (40 cals)

Total calories: 1,060

Feeling much more focused this week! I'm going to go for a run in a bit and try and push myself to go further than usual. I can't wait to be out of the 12 stone bracket. Just 10.5lbs to go! I'm definitely eating healthier in general now too, which I think is helping make me feel like I'm doing better. Here are some foodie pics from the last few days:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BC8hyMaDowF/?taken-by=hopefulhappyhealthy

https://www.instagram.com/p/BC5W43pDo-e/?taken-by=hopefulhappyhealthy

https://www.instagram.com/p/BC1A5hIDoy9/?taken-by=hopefulhappyhealthy

Hope you're all having a great week!

E x

Here to follow :)

I'm currently pregnant and following sw but you have some really good food ideas, I'm definitely having avocado on toast for breakfast tomorrow Xx

Just watch avocado if you are doing sw. 100g is 9.5 syns. An average avocado is 170g so that would be rounded up to 16.5 syns for a whole avocado.

My dinner last night was reaaaally good. I've never been into fish, but it wasn't very fishy at all and it was very, very low in calories! I'm going to try and have it twice a week, and perhaps two vegetarian meals a week.

Today's food plan:

2 x Dark chocolate kalo rice thins (112 cals)
Hummus platter (325 cals)
BBQ Pulled Beef, sweet potato mash, broccoli (420 cals)
Small orange (30 cals)

Total cals: 887

I definitely need to add some extra food in today, I just don't know where lol. I might have sun bites later! I think I'm doing alright at the moment. I'm starting to feel a tiny bit lighter, and my jeans are definitely getting a bit looser. I think it's helping that it's been a bit sunnier lately. Roll on the summer! :D

E x

Last two days have been really good Hannah, I've just been slack on the Instagram and Minimins front! Still going strong though!

I lost 3lbs!!! All the woop! I'm so pleased with that, I've genuinely tried really hard this week lol. I'm starting to feel like a different person. I've been walking a lot more, and making far healthier choices in regards to both meals and snacks. And I can also cross of the 9 week mark now! Yay!

I also had my weigh in yesterday, as I was going out last night for a friends birthday, but despite having a couple of beers and a brownie or two, I managed to stay the same this morning! Feeling VERY pumped for the week ahead. I've done my food shopping already,

Today's food plan:

Apple (55 cals)
Home made soup, irish soda bread and butter (306 cals)
Teriyaki cod loin, rice and greens (380)
Orange (50 cals)

Total cals: 800 (aprox)

Will update again later, 800 is waaay too low, so I'll have to add some cals in somewhere!

Hope you're all doing well! E x

I ended yesterday on about 980 calories, slightly less than preferable but as I knew I was eating out today I wasn't too bothered. Today has been fairly successful! I went to my dads today for dinner, and I knew it was going to pretty unhealthy so I basically didn't eat anything other than the main meal all day.

So, today has been a bit like this:

Slice of ham (50 cals)
Apple (50 cals)
Roast lamb dinner, inc. small yorkshire pudding, two roast potatoes and gravy (aprox. 1000? cals)

Total cals: 1,100

There's a bit of a buffer there incase the roast dinner was more than that. I'm not sure it would be though. It was a help yourself kind of thing, and I tried to opt for the leanest meat, and most of my plate was vegetables. I avoided dessert, and like I said, aside from a slice of ham to keep me going until dinner, it was the only meal I had all day so I should be all good!

Rough guide for tomorrow, with aprox cals:

Avocado and tomatoes on multigrain flatbread (200 cals)
Carrot & coriander soup with bread (250cals)
Minced beef and ale stew, mashed swede, and greens (450 cals)
Apple (50 cals)

Total cals: 950

These are pretty lose, so I'll work them out properly tomorrow. I feel like I'm not really maintaining this as much as I should be lately, and I'm definitely letting my instagram account slide! I'm still 100% focused on my diet though, and I really like feel I'm doing the best I physically can.

Hope you've all had a good weekend!

E x

Almost half way through the week and all good so far.

Today's food:

Avocado on malted rye flat bread with baby tomatoes and parma ham (200 cals)
Apple (50 cals)
Waitrose mini sushi pack (140 cals)
Orange (35 cals)
Chicken madras, rice, spring greens and mango chutney (430 cals)
Rice thin (55 cals)

Total cals: 910 cals

I had a sneaky weigh this morning and it showed 12st 6lbs... so I'm hoping I can lose another 1lb by Saturday morning and that'll mean I'm just 6lbs away from being in the 11s! I'm so, so focused at the moment. I literally feel like I am on a dieting rampage, and nothing can stop me! I've been eating healthier than I have in a long time, and doing far more exercise.

Easter shouldn't be an issue, as I'm at my Mums on Sunday, and she's doing a help yourself buffet with mainly healthy food. We're also having people over for lunch on Monday, but again, I'm going to do a 'help yourself' kind of thing, so I can just have a tiny bit and make up for it with a smaller breakfast and dinner.

Hope all is good with everyone else! x

Back