Emily's Journey to a Jawline - including food pics!

Thanks zappacat, fingers crossed! :) Congrats on getting your stone award btw! x

I didn't manage to get a proper photo of my dinner tonight, but I did manage to get a picture of my overly excited pepper... ;)

View attachment 123532

Aw thank you x :)
I got my bronze award too but it won't let me add it until I've made 50 posts :(

Ive heard lots of people say that the first few weeks of SW had affected their periods in different ways. When I first did SW I hadnt had a period for 2 and half years due to the pill and I suddenly had one that lasted about a week.

Dont think its too much to worry about but as you say if it goes on longer than you're comfortable with obv a visit to the docs might be good even just to ease your mind.

Thanks Toni, I'm sure everything is fine, just seems a bit out of the ordinary compared to my history with periods! It's probably just my body adjusting to the lack of chocolate since Christmas lol.

Zappacat, congrats on your bronze award too! I'm sure you'll have done 50 posts in no time. :) Have you thought about starting a weight loss/food diary? It's quite a good way to boost posts and also keep super focused! x

WEIGH IN DAY! Ahh! It's not til half 5, desperately hoping to lose at least 1lb. I'm working from home today so I'm trying my utmost to not keep running to the fridge and back! 3 more hours to go. I CAN DO EET.

Day 35: Extra easy

Cold roast chicken
Hifi bar (3 syns)
Pasta bolognese with sundried tomatoes, basil and a teeny bit of balsamic vinegar, 30g cheese, WW petit pain and spinach (2 syns + hexab)
Banana
Muller greek yogurt (0.5 syns)

Total syns: 5.5 :D

I *might* have an actual night off SW soon, within reason! There's nothing I really want though so it seems a bit pointless at the moment. Might just go somewhere nice for dinner! It's now been 5 weeks of 100% good days! No bars of chocolate, crisps, biscuits etc. I feel like an alcoholic, 5 weeks sober. Liam said he might get me a little plastic cookie, like the poker chips they have lol. Oh dear. We'll see!

Another great loss, well done Emily. :party0011:

Thanks Lindsey, really needed it to keep motivation up! :D

Had a minor change of plans to today's foodage, I decided to actually use my syns properly for once! My dinner was uhmazing, I love pasta so much. Because I don't have it as often anymore, it genuinely feels like a treat. Very happy girl today!

Day 35: Extra easy

Banana
Cooked chicken
Spaghetti bolognese, 30g cheese and 2 slices of garlic bread (8 syns! worth it!)
Hifi bars (hexb)

Total syns: 8 :D x

Well done on your weight loss! :) xx

Thank you both! I'm actually feeling a bit better now too, it's probably mind over matter! Either way it's all good! :)

Seeing as it's V day on Friday, and Liam (the hub!) doesn't get home from work til about 7.30pm, we've decided that rather than risk going out next week and it being jam packed everywhere, we're going to have our valentines day treat today! So we're going to Nandos and the cinema! I'm really excited about it, first time in 5 weeks that I'll be going slightly off plan but I'm going to use flexisyns and still keep it in control. I'm setting myself a 50 syn limit! Seems a bit extreme, but I'm going to be extra good for the rest of the week and if I lose a little less, I'm okay with that. Here's todays foodage:

Day 36: Extra easy

Banana
Half a wholemeal pita, chicken, salad, onion, carrot and home made hummus (half a hexb 1 syn)
Nandos! Butterfly chicken (with skin), spicy rice, macho peas and halloumi (20 syns?)
1 Scoop of peanut buttercup ben and jerry's ice cream (15 syns?)
Hifi bar (half a hexb)

Total syns: 36 ish

Hopefully I've calculated things fairly... I'm so excited! x

Your day sounds super yummy Emily! Great idea!

It's a mix of kikkoman soy sauce, rice wine vinegar and chopped fresh green chillies. I used to be really good friends with a girl from China, and we used to cook together a lot and it's probably the easiest and nicest dipping sauce. It's really good with dumplings, but they're not so slimming world friendly lol. Might try making them at some point though and just syn the flour!
sounds yummy. Will have to try it!

Welllll. Went a bit over my syn limit yesterday! We had Nandos, and I had my ice cream in the cinema (which was amazing and totally worth it!), but because we ate at about 3pm, by the time the film finished and we got home we were both a bit hungry again, so we stopped at Tesco and I got a sandwich, packet of crisps and some chocolate buttons. It definitely could have been a lot worse, but to be honest I really enjoyed the whole day and everything I ate, so I'm feeling okay about it. I'm 100% focused and back on track today! If I maintain this week, I'll be fine about it because I had such a nice time and it's really rare that we do stuff like that. Plus, I've got 5 days to put it right!

Day 37: Extra easy

Chicken salad with sweet chilli dressing in a wholemeal pita (hexb + 1.5 syns)
Roast pork, potatoes, butternut squash, swede, carrots, spring greens, gravy and apple sauce (6 syns)
Banana
Bowl of berries

Total syns: 7.5

I'm about to write a meal plan for the rest of the week with my mum, we're going to try 2 red days this week. Looking forward to having extra healthy extras! x

Sounds like you had a great time & it was worth having a day off for. It would be too hard if you never allowed yourself a treat. I'm sure you'll make up for it during the week :) x

Well, bit of an usual situation seems to have unfolded! I still hadn't come on my period, and was getting increasingly concerned that something serious was happening down there. I booked a doctors appointment for Tuesday (tomorrow!) and thought I'll just do a pregnancy test to make sure it's not that. Honestly, I was 95% certain that it would be negative and that my insides were just broken. Two positive tests later and I guess I'm pregnant! Crazy stuff.

I'm not sure if it's still okay to lose weight, so I'm going to just eat really healthy until I get the okay from the doctors. I did one of those clear blue tests that tells you how many weeks, and it reckons I'm about 5 weeks or so, which means since I've lost 17lbs since then! Whoops. Hopefully it's fine though! I'm trying to not get my hopes up too much, and take it a week at a time. My ovaries aren't the most hospitable environment, and having such a high BMI has gotta put me at a serious risk of something going wrong. Either way, I'm going to focus on staying relaxed and eating super healthy. And not smoking. Definitely not smoking!

Today's foodage:

Hifi bar
Beans on toast with 30g cheese
Banana
Some sort of lunch - undecided yet!
Strawberries and raspberries
Chicken curry, spinach, rice

Definitely still planning on trying to at least maintain my weight this week. :) x

OH WOW!!!
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!! xxxxx

Lol I said the exact same thing as Katie! Ha!

still- congrats!!!

Back