Emily's Journey to a Jawline - including food pics!

Haha! Thank you both! Yeah we're both really pleased. I think I'm still a bit in shock, I honestly thought my ovaries were broke.

Liam's been a LOT better than I thought he would be, when we've talked about it before he's not been too keen on the idea, but when he saw the first test was positive he couldn't stop smiling! Teeny bit gutted that I'm going to be blobular for the rest of the year but I guess it'll be worth it lol. :D

Well, bit of an usual situation seems to have unfolded! I still hadn't come on my period, and was getting increasingly concerned that something serious was happening down there. I booked a doctors appointment for Tuesday (tomorrow!) and thought I'll just do a pregnancy test to make sure it's not that. Honestly, I was 95% certain that it would be negative and that my insides were just broken. Two positive tests later and I guess I'm pregnant! Crazy stuff.

I'm not sure if it's still okay to lose weight, so I'm going to just eat really healthy until I get the okay from the doctors. I did one of those clear blue tests that tells you how many weeks, and it reckons I'm about 5 weeks or so, which means since I've lost 17lbs since then! Whoops. Hopefully it's fine though! I'm trying to not get my hopes up too much, and take it a week at a time. My ovaries aren't the most hospitable environment, and having such a high BMI has gotta put me at a serious risk of something going wrong. Either way, I'm going to focus on staying relaxed and eating super healthy. And not smoking. Definitely not smoking!

Today's foodage:

Hifi bar
Beans on toast with 30g cheese
Banana
Some sort of lunch - undecided yet!
Strawberries and raspberries
Chicken curry, spinach, rice

Definitely still planning on trying to at least maintain my weight this week. :) x

That's fantastic news! Congratulations x :D
When I got pregnant I lost half a stone in shock. I was about a stone less than I am now & I didn't put on any weight while I was pregnant. I virtually stopped smoking but couldn't manage it totally. It doesn't seem to have done him any harm as he's currently doing a Chemistry PhD

Aww congrata Emily! So pleased. Good idea waiting for the doctors ok but I know SW have a pregnancy plan u ou can follow. Im sure theres a board somewhere on here with others who are pregnant and losing weight.

Congratulations Emily, what a (nice) surprise! It must have been a shock, but wow it's so exciting! Best of luck for the next 8 or 9 months.

You can do SW while pregnant, there is a pregnancy forum/threads on here. As long as your GP/midwife gives you the OK, you're good to go!

congrats! Yeah loads of people at my group have done slimming world and had babies and lost weight along the way - they obviously end up gaining later on in the pregnancy but all of them were at least the same weight afterwards as they were before, or less in some cases. There is a pregnancy plan to follow so I'd have a search about for it :)

Exciting times!!!!

Congrats - that's fantastic news! :)

Thank you so much for all the lovely comments! :D I'm off to the doctors today, so will ask about diet and losing weight etc. As you guys have said, I'm sure it's fine! I had a bit of a carnage day yesterday with my mum, we went to Nandos for lunch and all went a bit downhill from there! I really wasn't too bad though, I'm a bit paranoid about changing my diet drastically from what I've been doing for the last few weeks.

The only thing I've really changed is that in the morning, I'm having breakfast that isn't really SW friendly. This is only because I really struggle with breakfast, I'm not too keen on having cooked breakfasts and really don't like sweet things in the morning! I've been having a banana and a hifi bar, but I've now swapped it for a small 400g piece of seed sensation toast with a teaspoon of wholenut peanut butter. I've also got some bio live yogurt pots! Still trying to keep it really healthy! Regardless whether I carry on with SW or not, my meals will be SW friendly and I'm definitely going to stick with 1/3 superfree.

Here's today's foodage!

Slice of wholegrain toast with wholenut peanut butter
Banana
Small bowl of pasta, teaspoon of red pesto, 30g cheese and mahoosive salad
Will update dinner in a mo!
Greek yogurt with honey
Bowl of raspberries and strawberries

Probably insane on the syn chart but hopefully not too unhealthy! x

I think it used to be on the foods to avoid list, but I double checked on the NHS website and I think it's okay now! I'll definitely double check with my doctor though! Almond butter sounds amazing though. :)

will have to order it online me thinks as I can't find it in the shops - I went down every row!

I was looking for it in Sainsburys the other day for another recipe and took me AGES to find it. It was in a special section with things like dried mushrooms and ingredients to make sushi and stuff! x

How did it go at the doctors Emily? :) x

I was looking for it in Sainsburys the other day for another recipe and took me AGES to find it. It was in a special section with things like dried mushrooms and ingredients to make sushi and stuff! x

How did it go at the doctors Emily? :) x

Yeah I think that's the best place to find it! I LOVE those sections in supermarkets. There's always so many weird things lol, super fun experimenting with them!

The doctors went okay thanks! They were really nice, just gave me a quick low down on what to do and what not to do, and they think I could be between 6-10 weeks down the line! I've got an appointment with the midwife on tuesday so I think that will be a little more in depth! I did tell the doctor I had been doing SW and I asked if it was okay to continue, she said not to but I'm going to ask the midwife as I'm sure it's okay! S'all very exciting though. I keep expecting to wake up and it's not real, but so far so good. :)

Going to aim for another healthy day today, not particularly SW friendly but not too far off either!

Today's foodage:

Wholegrain toast with whole nut peanut butter
Banana
Greek yogurt pot with honey
Home made chicken, vegetable and lentil soup
Roast chicken, roast potatoes, veg, teeny bit of stuffing and gravy
Raspberries and strawberries

Feels weird not calculating syns!

Do you go to slimming world group? If so ask the consultant for the pregnancy book (they're good at keeping quiet - they won't tell the whole group!). I have two friends who have had babies whilst doing slimming world - their end weight's were the same as before they got pregnant (well, one was EXACTLY the same weight and one was 1lb lighter). Pregnancy

At the end of the day, slimming world is just healthy eating anyway. They say the only restriction is your appetite. So if you're eating healthily and until you're full then it's just a good healthy diet.

I think eating healthily is the key like Hannah says. It's not as if SW has you counting calories & weighing everything. They will probably want you to have more foods with calcium in. I hope you can just enjoy your time being pregnant without stressing about every single thing you eat x

Back