Emily's Journey to a Jawline - including food pics!

Congratulations :)

Thank you! :) Really trying not to think about it too much after last time, scary times ahead!

Having a quick think about what I shall be feasting on tomorrow, here's the plan so far:

Extra easy

Banana
Weetabix with milk (hexa+b)
Orange
Pork, stuffing, new jersey potatoes, carrots and cabbage with onion gravy (aprox. 3 syns)

Total syns: 3

Just need to find something for lunch. Feels good to be back in the swing of things! x

Slight change of food planning today! Can't wait to do a proper food shop at the weekend!

Extra easy

Hifi bars (hexb - found some left in the back of the cupboard!)
Banana
Mango and melon slices
Chicken and mushroom packet pasta (1 syn?)
Snack-a-jack Caramel (2.5 syns)
Tagliatelle with chicken, mushrooms, spinach, bacon and tomatoes topped with mozarella (5 syns + hexa)

Total syns: 8.5

I know pasta is free, but I'm definitely over-doing it on the carbs and under-doing it on the superfree. Shall aim to correct this next week! x

How very exciting. BTW, with my first pregnancy I did a test before a fest weekend and it was negative. I then drank quite a lot all weekend and did a test the following week and lo and behold a bfp! Docs said lots of people do it.

Dd1 is now 6 and suffered no obvious ill effects!

Well done on sticking to the plan in spite of your news.

Hi guys! Bit embarrassing but I'm back for the third time this year! I don't even know what happened last time, I just majorly fell off the wagon and couldn't get myself back on. The second pregnancy went the same way as the first, and I don't think that did my mind much good for a while, but nevermind! No more baby making for a while! I took the plunge today and rejoined my old my SW group, and I signed up for 12 weeks so I have to go.

I think I'm in a lot better position than I was last time I joined, I've spent the last couple of weeks calorie counting and I managed to lose about a stone. I weighed in this morning at 12st12lbs, which is 5lbs lighter than when I stopped going to SW earlier this year. My current target is 10st9lbs, which I hope to achieve by Christmas!

Also, Liam has gone from being a cake addict to health fanatic, and joined the gym with his buddies and he's trying to get all muscly and put on weight. He's really encouraging me to make healthier choices too, so we're a super team together. :) He's also done the bestthingever and booked for us to go away to Las Vegas for Christmas and NYE, and I desperately want to be a size 12 by then!

Anywho, sorry for disappearing and be prepared to be spammed with food photos once again. Hope you're all doing well and enjoying the summer! x

Day 1: Extra easy

Hifi bars x 2 (oh how I missed these - hexb)
Garlic and herb chicken fillets with super salad and a teaspoon of extra light salad cream (1 syn)
Gammon with double baked cheesey jacket potatoes and homemade coleslaw (3 syns + hexa)
Liberte 0% strawberry yogurt (1 syn)
Bowl of strawberries

Total syns: 5

Photo of my lunch!
IMG_3293.jpg

Hi Emily, so happy to see you back :D
Sorry to hear your bad news though.
It sounds like you've really made a good new start, it really helps when you're other half is so supportive. We're both going to the gym & he's loving all the SW cookbooks. Which is good as he does most of the cooking :p
Wow Vegas! That will be great fun, especially at Xmas & New year. I'm sure you'll reach your size 12 target by then xx

Thanks Stef! Feels good to be back. That's awesome that he does the cooking, Liam's cooked about 4 times in the whole time we've been together lol. It's such a huge help that he's eating healthy too though, definitely makes it easier.

Congrats on getting into the 13s too! Well over half way now, exciting times! :)

Here's a quick photo of my dinner. Super stuffed now.

IMG_3320.jpg

Sorry to hear of your sad news :(

So glad you're back though and sounding so positive. Have definitely missed your food pics though, made your chorizo & beef meatballs again last week - still a fave of ours! Good luck with this week!

xxx

Aw thanks for noticing :)
He's pretty much always done all the cooking, when we got married I couldn't cook at all. I can now but don't tell him lol
Maybe now Liam is more interested in what you're eating you can teach him a few things. He might enjoy it, especially if he discovers a special dish that he can become the expert at cooking :D

Thanks Toni! Totally forgot about those meatballs, will have to add them to my shopping list for next week. :D And massivesuperamazing congratulations on getting married! I did briefly pop back to have a look at your wedding photos, you looked so lovely and your honeymoon looked amazing! Hope you're enjoying married life? :D

Haha, Liam is actually an alright cook when he does try, he just really hates it! Although I don't mind too much, I quite like doing the cooking as it means I can get out of doing the washing up lol. Sneaky!

Majorly focused today after doing the mother of all food shops last night. I think we're going to do a massive batch cook later, which should be fun! We'll be cooking up some turkey in black bean sauce, sweet and sour chicken, chicken tikka masala, and beef and onion stew. Yum.

I also read back over my old posts, and I actually got one of the tattoos that I said about! So here's a photo of that, and I'll post some photos of my foodage later! :)

Tattoo.jpg

Ahh... my batch cook session didn't happen! I ended up spending the afternoon sorting out our spare room (otherwise known as 'the place to put clothes and other stuff we have no room for' room). I managed to locate our rowing machine, so we've taken that downstairs ready for some body magic.

Here's for day 2 foodage:

Day 2: Extra Easy

Bowl of chopped banana and raspberries
Liberte 0% strawberry yogurt (1 syn)
Batcherlor's pasta with tuna and broccoli (1 syn + hexa)
Hifi bars (hexb)
Crispy breaded chicken, coleslaw, chips and bbq sauce (4 syns)

Total syns: 6

And tonight's food photo:

IMG_3337.jpgIMG_3359.jpg

I know I really shouldn't weigh myself at home, but I couldn't help myself this morning and my scales showed 12st8lbs, which regardless of what I end up weighing on Friday, is the lightest I've weighed this year. :cool: Pretty relieved! As I've spent the last couple of weeks calorie counting I was a bit worried I wouldn't lose much in my first week, but if I can still weigh 12st8lbs on Friday I'll be crazy happy.

Today's food plan:

Day 3: Extra Easy

Sausage, bacon, beans, poached egg, potatoes and mushrooms (1/2 syn)
Hifi bars (hexb)
2 x Babybels (hexa)
Plum
Roast beef, roast potatoes, BNS, spring greens, carrots and sprouts with gravy (4 syns)
Raspberries

Total syns: 4.5 :D

x

Slight change to today's food plans!

Day 3: Extra easy

Sausage, poached egg, beans, fried potatoes (1 syn)
Plum
Hifi bars (hexb)
Fruit platter and liberte yogurt (1 syn)
Roast beef, potatoes, bns, carrots, sprouts and cabbage with gravy (4 syns)
Oatly chocolate milk (hexa)
Light squirty cream (1 syn)

Total syns: 7 :D

I was feeling super lazy earlier and sent my mum a load of messages on facebook asking her for syn free snacks (as a joke!) and she bought this to my room lol... amazing!

IMG_20140824_173601 (1).jpg

Omg that roast dinner looks fantastic! I need to know how you made that gravy it looks delicious :D

Haha, thanks! It's a bit of a cheat but I use Bisto Best Gravy granules, the one in the glass jar! It's 1.5syn per 100ml if you make it up as directed, but I like mine a bit thicker so double the powder and just up the syns. Totally worth it though, it's delish. :D

Day 4: Extra easy

Weetabix with chocolate milk (hexa+b)
Banana
Savoury rice, chilli chicken and salad
Spicy chinese turkey mince with carrots and rice (2 syns)
Bowl of mixed berries with yogurt and cream (3 syns)

Total syns: 5

Turkey mince sounds gross, but tastes amazing. Counting down the hours!

Hey there I hope you don't mind if I subscribe? I've read your whole diary and respect you for how honest and determined you are despite what you've gone through. Your food also looks so amazing I'm really inspired to try some new stuff! Thanks for making SW food options exciting.

Hey there I hope you don't mind if I subscribe? I've read your whole diary and respect you for how honest and determined you are despite what you've gone through. Your food also looks so amazing I'm really inspired to try some new stuff! Thanks for making SW food options exciting.

Not at all, thank you for subscribing! :) I think dieting is one of those things where you have to be super honest with yourself, and I find writing stuff down really helps with that. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! Super exciting times ahead!

Today went slightly different than I planned, not in a bad way though. I've come on my 'star week', so I've spent most of the day either being a completely unreasonable emotional grump or wanting to eat everything under the roof. Yay for hormones! But it's all good, because I've still stuck to the plan. Yay for SW!

Here's todays foodage:

Day 4: Extra easy

Weetabix with oatly choc milk (hexa&b)
Banana
Kiwi
Savoury rice, paprika chicken and coleslaw (2 syns)
A few slices of ham
Sweet & sour turkey with mixed veg and rice
Bowl of strawberries with whipped cream and yogurt (3 syns)

Total syns: 5 :D

Didn't have time to write down my foodage yesterday after a crazy long day at work and then an impromptu trip to the cinema! So... here goes!

Day 5: Extra Easy

Hifi bars x 2
Babybels x 2
Banana
Apple
Half a packet of uncle ben's savoury rice, half a packet of tesco chilled bbq chicken slices, half a bowl of salad (1.5 syns)
Chicken madras, basmati rice and minted coleslaw (2 syns)

Total syns: 3.5

----

Day 6: Extra Easy

Bowl of chopped banana and strawberries with whipped cream (2.5 syns)
Hifi bars x 2
Babybels x 2
Apple
Half a packet of uncle ben's savoury rice, half a packet of tesco chilled bbq chicken slices, half a bowl of salad with sweet chilli sauce (3 syns)
Chicken and mushroom biriyani with onions and peppers
Curly wurly (6 syns)

Total syns: 11.5

I don't normally have chocolate on SW but I was watching the bake off and everything looked amazingly amazing, so I thought I'd treat myself! Bit of a high syn day but still within my allowance so it's all good. Slightly nervous about WI on Friday though. Wuh! x

Back