emma-louise's food diary... about time too!

Spill the beans what is your uniform like? is it orange and rather unflattering? lol! There is talk of us wearing a uniform at work and I must admit I am liking the idea more and more esp now I am losing weight - no changing 100 times in the morning or finding the top you wanted is at the bottom of the ironing pile or worst still wet in the machine!

Day 2 was much better, at the end of the day the champagne trolley arrived and I don't remember much after that, as for the bus - it survived lol!

thankfully its not orange!! :eek: its just black trousers and a black t shirt, but i havent worn a proper t shirt for about 5 years cos i always feel really stupid in them, and i do know this sounds daft, but ive got big boobs and i feel like my boobs pull on the collar and i feel like im gonna choke lol!! i know im totally bonkers... :rolleyes: my sainsburys uniform was brill, navy blue, and i got to wear a fleece and it was all nice and cosy :) i do like the idea of not having to choose an outfit every day like you said, it would be much easier for you getting ready on a morning, but how appalled would you be if they chose a really molly uniform? :p

eeee you do make me laugh!! glad you and the bus were both ok! ;) i might have to see if clintons have a champagne trolley... :D

the site must be getting over its technical difficulties cos I was able to add my stone sticker finally! Thought I was going mad when it wouldn't paste, thanks Emma-Louise

PS you eat such delicious meals, you'd never guess you were dieting!

glad technical things are finally behaving again! just think you will soon have another lovely sticker to go with the rest! :woohoo: xx

right, food diary :( urghhh! i had a red lunch and a green dinner due to a very last minute change of plans (i think i got off pretty lightly to be honest as my stepdad wanted to go to the chippy!!:eek:)

monday 2nd august - extra easy

brekkie: weetabix with raspberries (A&B)

lunch: 6 seafood sticks an a piri piri chicken breast

dinner: prawn and courgette pasta (8 syns)

total syns - 8

Hope the weigh in goes well emma-louise and that you're still enjoying the job. It's harder to eat when you've got to plan for work isn't it? I'm sometimes in the office, but usually trying to eat something in the car on my visits! When I don't get time, it's really difficult to not hit the chocolate etc when I get to my mums and start making tea, lol
Ah well.....I've written off this week, and hoping that my 4 remaining weeks of single life can be more focused, lol x

ive got big boobs and i feel like my boobs pull on the collar and i feel like im gonna choke lol!! i know im totally bonkers...

I know how you feel, I had nice little boobs til i fell pregnant with Meg, my boobs were so huge i had to have scaffolders construct a bra out of scaffolding poles! Thankfully when I stopped breastfeeding and then lost weight with WW they did get smaller, my boobs are massive, I hate them, I am hoping they will shrink again, they are most definitely smaller

the uniform would probably be the same as you black bottoms and black top (including lovely fleece) with small white logo, today was my last day at work until 3rd September yippee

Good luck with WI tomorrow

Hope the weigh in goes well emma-louise and that you're still enjoying the job. It's harder to eat when you've got to plan for work isn't it? I'm sometimes in the office, but usually trying to eat something in the car on my visits! When I don't get time, it's really difficult to not hit the chocolate etc when I get to my mums and start making tea, lol
Ah well.....I've written off this week, and hoping that my 4 remaining weeks of single life can be more focused, lol x

im finding it really hard, i only do 4 hour shifts but its a case of HAVING to eat at a certain time that i hate :( im not used to having my brekkie at 8 in the morning! aww im so excited for you getting married!! you will have to put some pics up for us :) xx

I know how you feel, I had nice little boobs til i fell pregnant with Meg, my boobs were so huge i had to have scaffolders construct a bra out of scaffolding poles! Thankfully when I stopped breastfeeding and then lost weight with WW they did get smaller, my boobs are massive, I hate them, I am hoping they will shrink again, they are most definitely smaller

the uniform would probably be the same as you black bottoms and black top (including lovely fleece) with small white logo, today was my last day at work until 3rd September yippee

Good luck with WI tomorrow

i cant wait to lose weight off my boobs! how come you're off until 3rd sept? thats awesome lol have you just taken all your years holiday in one big chunk? are you going away anywhere? huge well done on your loss this week mrs!!! :D xx

Woooohoooo well done you!! Bet you're well pleased, especially after your bro's bday at the weekend... shows you can eat pie and still lose weight!! Go Slimming world!

wednesday 4th august - green day

brekkie: some of those mini weetabix choc chip thingies, tried to weigh out the right amount but there was hardly any so i chucked a few more on lol :eek: (1.5 HexB)

lunch: chicken and herb low fat supernoodles

dinner: tomato and veg pasta bake, few chunks of chorizo and mozzarella on top (0.5HexB, HexA and 2 syns)

snacks: milk choc kelloggs fibre plus (6 syns)

total - 8 syns

well my folks have gone away for a few days today so i am in charge of all the shopping and the cooking! :) going to try out all my recipes ive wanted to do for ages while they are away! beef stroganoff and banana cake are first up tomorrow :p xx

Glad you've got some more freedom in the kitchen for the next few days - no more sneaky oil and cream lol!!
I'm doing beef stroganoff tonight as well... an adapted Rick Stein recipe made with RF creme fraiche, can't wait I want it now!!

Glad you've got some more freedom in the kitchen for the next few days - no more sneaky oil and cream lol!!
I'm doing beef stroganoff tonight as well... an adapted Rick Stein recipe made with RF creme fraiche, can't wait I want it now!!

it means i can actually use some syns on having a treat for a change!! :woohoo:

any chance you could post your Rick Stein recipe when you get a minute? i was just going to use one i found on the board xx

Well done on the loss :) hope you enjoy the new recipes. Let me know what the banana cake is like - if it's yum I think I'll have to get on with making it :) x

It's an adaptation of this:

Beef stroganoff with matchstick potatoes

But basically I omitted the butter and oil and replace with Fry Light, usually use shallot instead of onion and replace the sour cream with a cpl of tblsp's of reduced fat creme fraiche (1.5syns per tblsp)

Oh... and of course I serve with SW chips instead!!

It's really good and the lemon and parsley at the end give it a wonderful zing, as well as the heat of the spices.

I know a lot of the SW recipes use FF fromage frais instead, but I just can't get on with it - prefer to spend a few syns on the creme fraiche

after all that... a change of plan!! SW style kfc chicken tonight and stroganoff tomorrow!

thursday 5th august - green day

brekkie: none! had to get up really early to take my grandma to marks and spencers so i didnt have time to get anything :(

lunch: leftover pasta bake (HexA) 2 syns

dinner: SW kfc (HexB), beans, sweetcorn and a couple of REAL chip shop chips!! going to syn my chips at about 8 syns, but im uploading a pic so if anyone cares to disagree with me please feel free to speak up :p

snack: going to have a fibre plus before bed for my second HexB

total syns - 10

my feet are bloody killing me tonight! so glad ive got the next few days off work else id be about ready to kill someone! :rolleyes: xx

Attachments

• IMG00108-20100805-2023.jpg
    IMG00108-20100805-2023.jpg
    350.8 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Last night didn't go to plan for me either... but I succumbed to a naughty meal at Pizza Express rather than making something healthy!!
So I'm having stroganoff tonight as well... we'll have to compare!

uh oh!! its sooo hard to make a healthy choice at PE, i love love love their romana pizzas!! we can have a stroganoff-off! :D

im just going to make some banana cake now! will post pics if it turns out good :) xx

:wave_cry: so reporting in post cake...

it was yummy, and ive eaten 15 syns worth of it :cry: i feel like such an idiot!! i cut the cake into 6 slices so it was 3 syns a slice, had one, then another, then another and ive just FORCED my brother to eat the last slice just so i couldnt eat it... oh dear! really annoyed at myself cos i was trying to keep to 10 syns a day :( now im starting to wonder whether i should try and have a syn free dinner or still have stroganoff like i planned? :confused: urghhhhh so annoyed at myself!! xx

I take it the cake was nice then!!
That's exactly what I had at PE - a Romana Quattro Formaggi, just couldn't resist!
I wouldn't worry too much about your cake-fest, at least it was better than if you'd eaten proper cake...

I take it the cake was nice then!!
That's exactly what I had at PE - a Romana Quattro Formaggi, just couldn't resist!
I wouldn't worry too much about your cake-fest, at least it was better than if you'd eaten proper cake...

nom nom nom!! i like the pollo pancetta - pizza heaven! :eek:

im trying not to panic about the cake, it means ive gone over my syns for the week, but only by 1 so its definitely not the end of the world by any means! still going to have stroganoff for tea im really looking forward to it :) just got a mountain of washing up to get through before i can start cooking! :rolleyes: xx

Back