Emma's (PinkToaster) Food Diary!

PinkToaster

Silver Member
Hey everyone! I've been wanting to join SW for a while now, I joined the online bodyOPTIMISE for a few months a couple of years back but then ran out of funds. :rolleyes:

Now I'm starting again on my own (again, due to lack of funds.) Being a vegetarian, every day is green which is great cause I love my carbs!

My boyfriend is going to support me with this, he's going to "walk me" everyday so I get some exercise.

I hope to lose around 3 stone to get to my healthy weight. First weigh in tomorrow!

Ah bless, you will get 'walked'! Ha ha I love it! Post your food diaries her everyday and we can all comment if neccessary x

Well alright, here's my first day.

2 Oatabix with 150ml semi skimmed milk (HEx)

HM chips with fry light, spaghetti hoops and scambled eggs (without milk or butter.)

28g Fruit & Fibre with 100ml semi skimmed milk (HEx)

Baked Bean Cottage Pie.
(Chopped onion, carrot, garlic with Quorn mince, 2 tins of baked beans and mashed potato with no butter or milk.)

30-40 mins walk. (Don't know exactly, could be more.)

I don't think I'll eat anything else today. I didn't use any syns so I could have a hot chocolate made with water, but we'll see how it goes.
Pretty good for a first day, must remember to do a first weigh in tomorrow, so I have a starting weight!

I had a couple of mouthfuls of cadbury's hot chocolate made with water, I guess that's aout a quarter of it, so 1/2 syn for yesterday?
Am I supposed to use a few syns to keep my motabolism up? I just feel guilty for using them. I know that's what they're there for, but still.

Weighed myself this morning (forgot to do it before shower) came out at 12st 7.5. Since I had already showered, and since I've been hovering around 12.7 for a couple of weeks, I'll take that as my starting weight.
Had my fruit 'n' fibre this morning with 100ml semi skim. Wondering about lunch, cause I'll be in town, but I'll figure something out.

Yes most definately. try not to go below 5 per day cus they are there to be used. If you have no Syns then when you need a kick start you won't have anything to cut back on. I always use all of mine. If I don't have any I put weight on! Syns aren't sins. Sins are naughty, Syns are the Synergy of the plan, it's what makes it a success. Aim for 7-10 per day for now and see how it goes.

Okay... I will try and bear that in mind. I've been feeling really deprived and hungry today, I think my body's craving something but I don't know what. It's really depressed me and I feel like binging on rich comfort foods. I've re-heated some of my baked bean cottage pie which has cured the hunger but not the empty feeling. I might have another hot chocolate or something.

I went out and bought some muller light yogurts today, only to discover they're not vegetarian! :rolleyes:

I'm starting to fear I will get bored of potatoes and baked beans. I'll have to start varying with pasta.

I bought SW magazine though, and was offered a job that I applied for a few months ago, so not that bad a day.

Okay, here's what I ate yesterday (3/9/08)

28g Fruit n Fibre + 100ml semi skim (HexA+B)

Some strawberries. (Not sure now many but quite a few.)

Baked potato with baked beans (free)

Reheated baked bean cottage pie (free)

28g Fruit n fibre + 75ml semi skim (HexA+B)

Again, 28g Fruit n fibre + 75ml semi skim (Milk HexA, cereal 5 syns)

Hot chocolate with water - 2 syns

2 Quorn sausages + Tesco's
Pasta in sauce, tomato & onion (free)

7 syns for the day.

And that's it. I spent a lot of the day with a horrible gnawing hunger though, even after I'd eaten and I don't know why. It really got me down and it's the reason I had the second bowl of fruit and fibre.

Is there a reason for this? Is my body craving something I'm not giving it?

Did you eat a lot before you started on SW? If you used to eat loads then it could be that your stomache is feeling the difference in quantities but that will pass. don't forget you can have as much free food as you want/need

I did eat a lot. But I have been eating a lot of free food which is why I was confused. I had Oatabix this morning which filled me up better than just 28g of fruit n fibre.

I bought some shape yogurts, read through the ingredients carefully, bought them, got them home and on the side, in tiny letters: NOT SUITABLE FOR VEGETARIANS.

4/9/2008

Oatabix with 150ml semi skim, 1 tsp sugar (1 syn)

Egg mayonnaise sandwich on wholemeal (10 syns est.)

Pasta and sauce, made with quorn chicken, tinned tomatoes, peas, sweetcorn.

Another serving of the above.

11 syns altogether.

That's all. ^_^

Last edited:
Poached egg on 2 slices wholemeal (Free + HexB)
Supernoodles Chicken & Herb, 2 quorn sausages + sweetcorn (Free)
Mini Milk - 1 1/2 syn
2 Weetabix + 150ml semi skim (HexA)
Omelette + 1tbspn ketchup - 1 syn

Milo with semi skim milk - 7 1/2
(100ml taken from HexA, then 8 tbspns at 1/2 per 2 tbspn. I think that's right...)

10 syns altogether I think.

if your hungry a lot then i think that filling up on free foods is a safe option, as there are so many at slimming world,especially if you only do green days (i am also a vegetarian).
weight watchers yoghurts are free and also suitable for vegetarians!
try n eat more fruit n veg to satisfy your hunger,it will get much easier!
Quorn is also good if your peckish!

Hi ropes, welcome to the forum. The WW yogurts also make great ice lollies if you put them in lolly moulds and put them in the freezer

Okay, let's see what damage I did.

6/9/2008

2 slices margarita - 34
Potato wedges - 7
I can't find the syns for a sharing cookie dough dessert but I'm betting it's A LOT.

So 41 at least, definitely more..

7/9/2008

Quorn chicken fillet - 3 1/2
WW chips - 4 1/2 (Had more than 100g)
Spagetti hoops - Free
2 spoons Haagen-Dazs - Can't find the syns.

So 8 syns so far. Which is not too bad considering I was working from memory on what was low syn. I will be eating more today, I just wanted to get it down while it was in my mind.

Sweet chilli noodles and egg - free
Weetabix with milk - Hex

Last edited:
8/9/2008

So far...

2 slices Quorn ham.
2 slices wholemeal with half a tblsp salad cream and 2 slices quorn ham. Hex + 1 1/4
Raspberries
Half a Muller light yogurt
Half a Calippo - 2 1/4
A mini milk. 1 1/2

5 so far.

Chicken Chow Mein Super To Go Noodles - 7
2 slices wholemeal - Hex

12 syns so far.

Free bolognase made with quorn and pasta.

Last edited:
Back