Emma's post pregnancy re-start!

Yesterday I faced my biggest challenge yet! My friend came over with her baby to use my washing machine (hers has broke!) We got chatting and decided to go to tesco home for some sun hats for the babies! I avoided the £1 reduced easter eggs (although she didn't!) amd walked out feeling very proud! Then she decided to pop into Morrisons for a few bits. I nicely, but rather stupidly decided to ring my hubby to see if he needed anything - I was thinking bread, milk, tea...how wrong was I! He wanted a list of things including cakes. So while I'm at the deli getting the cakes I'm eyeing up the yum yums and cream scones :drool: But aside from the drool I resisted all temptation, very pleased with myself when I walked out of the shop. Got home and last night felt kind of sad. I so wanted one of those cakes! Still, this morning I am happy with myself that I stuck with it, as at such early days coming across those challenges are quite hard going. GO ME! :D

Day Ten

Busy day for me today, taking Elliot swimming them collecting my Mum from the station. I have yet to have any shake or drink as I've been tidying around, amongst keeping Elliot amused after he had a rather difficult nights sleep.

I'm feeling like a zombie, but that is down to lack of sleep rather than CD. Going to settle Elliot for his nap soon, then have my shake ready to leave here at 11am.

A busy day for me means a no food for thought day! Here's hoping I can be out of the house long enough to resist the last yum yum ;) Hubby will have to eat it as soon as he gets home, or I may even offer it to my Mum to get back at hubby for being so cruel on my 9th day of CD :D:D

Hi Emma, it sounds like you're completed on track and well done for resisting those cakes! Its weird to think that on this diet we get upset that we can't have nice foods, when we're the ones choosing to do such a restrictive diet! Hey ho, the longer you resist, the more lbs will fall off! Hope you enjoy your mum coming to stay and can enjoy some much needed adult time with the hub at the cinema. X

Great day yesterday - had so much fun swimming! Although Elliot was very hungry and tired after his 40 minutes in the pool, he got very irritable and it was bloody hard work getting him fed, clothed and to sleep while he had worked himself up not knowing whether to feed or sleep first! I was exhausted when I got home and just collapsed on the sofa!

A busy day for me is a successful CD day - no time or energy to cheat! lol

Day Eleven

A slightly unsettled baby this morning, my Mum is trying to help out with him bless her but he seems to be at that age where he is more knowing of people, so when he's tired, it's Mummy he wants cuddles with :) So here I am now with cold maple and pecan porridge, baby upstairs and Mum making a tea - hopefully I'll get to drink a hot coffee!!

So today I'm at the Dr's at 1.15pm for bloods (re: my back pain, hormones being checked I believe) after that we may go for a walk to the park - weather permitting.

My posts may be short this week as I feel a little rude while my Mum is visiting! :eek:

Here's to a successful week - roll on Saturday!!!

I'm such a good girl! Yesterday evening I went to the cinema with my hubby while my Mum babysat. My hubby has pick n mix and I had a black coffee! GO ME! :D Didn't feel upset about it at all as I did the other day with the cakes, I actually felt that I was doing something to be proud of and I hope I will be come Saturday morning when I step on the scales! :p

Day Twelve

Feeling well this morning :) Had my porridge and a black coffee as per usual!

I'm having a chill day today. Yesterday I went swimming again with Elliot as my Mum was keen to see him go bonkers in the water! In between my Mum took him out of the pool for a feed and I did 10 laps of the main pool! Felt great afterwards, but by the time I got home I had jelly legs and boy was I ready for my shake! :eek:

Sadly I'm going to be looking for another CDC today, someone who is closer to home. I stuck with the same CDC as I knew her and know she is good - just convenience. It was fine to go to where she lives when I was working as she lives on my way home from work, so I could easily just pop in. But she lives quite far from home and with Elliot being so young it's difficult to go there. So a CDC closer to home will be much easier. It's a shame as I love my CDC, but she isn't willing to visit me at home so I have no choice really with a 13 week old baby.

I'm really looking forward to being weighed on Saturday, but dreading telling my CDC I'll be going elsewhere as I get on well with her, she is very supportive :( I guess it's just one of those things!

Here's to another good day! :D

So much for a chilled day yesterday! Ended up pulling out all the furniture, cleaning skirting boards, hoovering, mopping! Took advantage of my Mum being here to take care of the little guy!

Also was drooling over their dinner! I decided to make a rissotto from left overs in the fridge, I forgot that you stand stirring for the majority of the cooking! Still, not a crumb went past my lips so happy days!

Tried to call a new CDC - left a message but no-one has got back to me as yet.

Day Thirteen

We have family visiting on Saturday (in Manchester) then in the late afternoon we are going to my Uncles to watch Man City in the FA cup. I think the usual will be me sitting outside with the ladies and kiddies chatting/playing and leaving the men to it infront of the TV (no change there!) So today I am wanting to get a top - atm my tops are old and slightly big and too small to squeeze into, no matter how hard I try! So a new top may help me feel more confident in how I look when with people. It's ok around the house and out and about, but I don't want to look a scruff over the weekend!

Did well with the water yesterday, so will try and keep that up again today. Really looking forward to weigh in tomorrow, I hope I've lost no less than 4lb as that will mean I've reached my first mini goal of loosing 1 stone :D And i'll be HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY that i'm on my way to slimdom! :p

Day Fourteen

Had my weigh in this morning and have lost a lovely 6.5lb! Feeling really chuffed that in 2 weeks I've lost 1 stone 2lb - really good boost to want to keep going. Also, tried my first choc mint bar - these weren't out when I last did CD - WOW! They are delicious! :)

Today has been hard. Little Elliot is teething, so has been upset a lot today. The journey to Manchester was ok as he slept, but when we arrived at my Uncles (for the football) he was very tearful. I was glad to get back to the quiet, where he seems to have settled on his Dad's knee after some calpol, milk and cuddles.

In a way, Elliot being ill pre-occupied me and kept me away from the BBQ! Eating food was the last thing on my mind! Just on the water now as I am about 1/2 litre behind what I should have today.

You're doing so well, really enjoyed catching up on your diary. Your little one sounds like such a cutie!!! x

Day Fifteen

Crazy day! Went swimming with Elliot, my cousin and her little boy Finley - it was a lovely day and was going soooo well, until I realised I had my biggest challenge yet to face. My Mum had arranged with my Aunt, Uncle, Grandad and cousin to go for a Sunday pub lunch before DH, Elliot and me departed for home! So, good ole me sat through 3 courses with a black coffee and sparkling water. Was very very proud of myself, as I think meals out are the toughest to say no to. Although, on the way home all I could think of was these bloody meals!

I fell asleep in the car and had a weird dream where I re-lived the meal and I ate with the family, then went straight to weigh in afterwards and the scales were flashing 30 stone!!! I woke up in a complete sweat!

I'm laughing about it now, but how weird that even when sleeping I can worry about my weight issues! Still I have continued to maintain focused on CD, so i'm hoping this week my weigh in results will be worth saying no to all the temptations I've faced this weekend!

Last edited:
Day Sixteen

I had a very hectic day yesterday and was so exhausted by the evening I didn't get chance to complete my diary (so shall be doing 2 entries!) Elliot is teething :( Poor little man had many moments of being very upset with pain yesterday. While the calpol was working he was his usual smiley self. I was quite naughty yesterday and when he was asleep I left him in my arms to sleep rather than put him in his cot, which is a routine I had set in stone. Nevertheless he was quite unwell and I felt he needed some extra cuddles/closeness with Mummy.

Also arranged a hectic week of fun (Elliot permitting!) Off shopping with a friend on Weds for odd bits. Then on Thurs, depending on the weather we're off to the seaside with the babies for fresh sea air.

CD has been going really well for me and I'm hoping this week shall be the same as i have plans to keep me pre-occupied! :)

Day Seventeen

Elliot doesn't seem too bad this morning - still dribbling and putting fingers in his mouth, but no outbursts of tears as yet, so i'm hoping he's become a little used to it and is able to cope a little better. He enjoyed his porridge this morning, which is a fabulous improvement to yesterday as he refused and just wanted his milk.

Just about to have my first shake, not particularily hungry tbh, I think I could go all day with nothing and feel fine. It's odd. I feel like i'm forcing myself to have the shakes at the moment - I never had to do that with food!! lol

Perhaps I'm just fully in ketosis now and the shakes are keeping my stomach happy :D

A good day yesterday, but I did eat 2 medium boiled eggs. Hubby had put baby to bed and we decided to watch a film, he had a bag of sweets and I just felt I wanted to have 'something'. I really enjoyed them! lol :D

Day Eighteen

An early start today - just having a black coffee, about to get little man and me washed and dressed before a milk feed for Elliot and shake feed for me, then we're out the door! Need to get Elliot weighed this morning before I go shopping for nappies. I have a feeling he's close to 20lbs already, so there's no point in buying size 3 nappies if he's not going to be in them much longer! :)

Meeting my friend at 11am in town after weighing Elliot, so it's all systems go for me today. Should be home by a reasonable time as I have LOTS of clean washing in piles that need putting away in drawers! It's one thing keeping up with the washing, but another ironing them, folding them and putting them away! Oh the joys of a stay at home Mum! How i'll cope with it all when I go back to work is beyond me! I'll hopefully turn into Super Woman by then! LOL :p

Day Nineteen

Been out with a friend all day to the seaside with the babies! Had a lovely day, done lots of walking and drinking of water! We stopped for lunch in M & S - I went into the food hall to get some watercress and plain chicken. I had 130g chicken, no skin (was worried all day I'd had too much, but from consulting the step 2 book I could have had 175g! lol) Enjoyed this 'treat', but at least I was able to sit and have something that isn't going overboard. Managed to dive past donut and candy floss stores! GO ME!

Going to have my 2nd shake soon, then relax with a hot shake later this evening. I seem really full after the lunch.

I'm restricted to home tomorrow as I'm waiting in for a new washing machine to be delivered. I've invited another friend over for coffee to keep me talking so I'm not looking in the food cupboards! Will need to check that she is still on for tomorrow as with being out and about the past few days I haven't had chance to confirm our plans.

Weigh day on Sunday Morning, I wonder whether my ss+ today will have any effect at weigh in, not loosing as much perhaps?! Who knows, but I guess it's silly to beat myself up over some plain chicken and a handful of rocket! :eek:

Day Twenty

I'm having a slow and strange day today. It's 5.20pm and I've had no shakes as yet, just water and black coffees. I'm not hungry and just don't want to have any shakes. When hubby gets home though I am going to make 2 choc mint shakes together and have a large hot choc - then this evening when baby is in bed I'll have a vanilla mixed with coffee for a nice latte. Something to look forward to! :)

It's odd that I'm not hungry and just don't feel fussed about having anything. It's probably not a brilliant idea to have all 3 shakes in the evening, but I feel like i'd be a bit sicky if I was to have them now and if the hungry aint there why put anything in?! :rolleyes:

Roll on Sunday for weigh in, I need some bars, I miss chewing. I'm going to try and get 3 bars and space them out over the week rather than have them all at once. I am bad for 'if it's there I'll eat it' - if I do though it's my own silly fault when I get bored towards the end of the week! Will have to restrain myself! :eek:

I have found this week that I am more successful when I have bars, I think for the chewing aspect, and I feel fuller after. More hunger satisfying! So far I've tried Mint Choc Chip and Malt Toffee, both of which were yum! I'm seeing the CDC on Monday, so I think I'll get 4 for next week, and try a couple of porridges as I haven't had those yet! I'm sticking to tetras mainly, so that I don't have to think about 'oooh will I be at home to blend it?' also couldn't do without my savoury soups!!!!

You're doing so well, keep it up! xxx

Called my CDC yesterday as I was needing to chew! So ended up having my weigh in at the same time - 2 days early. It seemed silly going on Friday night then again on Sunday. I have lost 3.5lbs. Happy with any loss, plus it was 2 days early so I prob would have lost 4 or 5lbs by Sunday.

Day Twenty One

Been very busy today. Cleaned downstairs this morning ready for a friend visiting - she hasn't seen Elliot yet so came bearing gifts, gossip (from work) and lots of laughter! Was good to see her and catch up. When she left I decided to start cleaning upstairs. Really want to go out somewhere tomorrow to get the most out of the sunshine and will feel sooooo much better knowing that I will arrive back home to a spotless home! (I'm don't have OCD or anything, just set in my ways - thanks Mum! lol) The funny thing was while cleaning my jeans kept falling down :D A good sign that I'm loosing some inches :D

So my CD day so far has been great, had a tetra and a bar, then once Elliot is settled I'll relax with a hot choc mint shake in front of the TV.

Going to try to up the water this week as I've not been taking the right amount this last week, just having a glass when I think about it. So I need to try and make sure that I'm having what I should be.

Day Twenty Two

Last night was a funny one - I was in a horrid mood, wanting food. It also depressed me a little as all I could think of was food, what I wanted but couldn't have - it made me feel fatter than ever! I was like a woman obsessed. The worst of it was, I wasn't hungry - I was just wanting to eat. Definately mind games going on, so annoying!

Woke up feeling tired this morning - went to bed late. Ended up online looking at clothes I want to be able to wear - needed distractions badly.

Today I'm on the water BIG TIME. I need to make sure I'm having what I should be rather than this guessing malarky. Hubby got me a 1.5 litre of sparkling water yesterday. My mission today is to drink ALL of it (plus the hot coffees I have throughout the day do add to 1 litre) I got my litre bottle and measured 3.5 of my mugs. Well I happily drink those and more, so I figure if each day I fill this 1.5 water bottle and have my usual coffees, I'm good with the water!

Also, no boiled eggs or nibbles at chicken for me this week. I really want to be 100% ss this week. I know the eggs or chicken are allowed and not seen as a cheat with it being ss+ but for me I see any eating as not following it properly. It's been good having the eggs/chicken nibbles when i've felt a real urge to eat, but this week the will power WILL kick in!

I plan to take each day as it comes. I have a 50th Birthday party (Hubby's Uncle) on 16th July and I'd love to be in a size 16 dress by then, so this is my mini goal for now. I'll do it, I know I will with the ss programme. Here's to a 100% day today! :D

Day Twenty Three

Starting well this morning! Had 1 litre already, plus my original porridge with cinnamon on! Washing in the maching (praying for more sun), bottles sterilised - just need to get showered and dressed now! lol

I have bought myself a dress from ebay this morning - size 16! Once it arrives I shall be hanging it up on my wardrobe as an insentive to keep going 100% with CD to get in it for my hubby's Uncles party in mid July.

At the moment I *think* I'm a size 18, but not so sure tbh. My size 20 jeans were far too big, so had to stop wearing them. I found my size 16 maternity jeans that I wore at the beginning of my pregnancy when bump just began. They fit well, but yesterday while cleaning I had a builders bum and had to keep pulling them up :eek: But that could just be the elastication giving way, who knows.

I am just determined that at the party I will look half decent and have some photos with my son and hubby that I can be proud of instead of thinking "urgh, my belly is showing loads there" - story of my life!

So today I'll be glugging at the water and being a good girl! My dress is far too pretty to be stuck in the wardrobe! :D

Day Twenty Four

Oh what a night! 1.30am, 3.05am, 5.50am and wide awake at 7.15! Babies are so much fun! :p It didn't help that I seemed really gassy last night and my tummy was doing something mad, very rumbly although not hungry. Normally this happens to me with bars but I had 3 sachets yesterday. Odd. Anyway, I'm pleased I managed the 2.5 litres, so will be aiming for that again today.

Today I have a hectic day (well evening really) My friend is going to a gig with her boyfriend, so I have been asked to look after her 4 month old baby (3 weeks older than Elliot) I've agreed, thinking that my hubby would be around to help with Elliot while I see to Millie. Annoyingly he forgot to tell me it's someones Birthday at work and they are going out for a meal and drinks and he wont be home until late :eek: So from 4.30 am until 11.30pm I'll be in charge of 2 little tikes! lol
This will certainly be a test of my maternal skills! Also, the bonus is that i'll be too busy to even think of the nice things my hubby has stashed in the cupboards and fridge!!! Every cloud...:)

Day Twenty Five

Cd is going well for me at the moment, I think I'm just so tired from Elliot's new 2 hourly wake ups during the night, that during the day I'm like the walking dead and can't be doing with the whole 'eating' malarky! lol

I'm being weighed on Friday morning and quite looking forward to it. I've been making a real effort with the water this week and think that I'll loose a good 4+ lbs which will take me close to my 2nd stone off! :D Yippee!

I'm hoping my new dress (size 16) will arrive either today or tomorrow so I can hang it up and aim to fit in it in 6 weeks time! :p

Day Twenty Six

A chilled start to the day for me and a hectic afternoon. My Mum is arriving at 2.00pm to stay for a few days as hubby and me are staying over at some friends who live a couple of hours away, so she will be minding Elliot overnight on Saturday. I'm very anxious about leaving him overnight (I've only ever left him for a couple of hours before) but will feel better when I know Elliot has gotten used to my Mum again.

Also, the added anxiety is that my friends and hubby will be eating take away and drinking alcohol. I'm taking a bar a tetra and some coke zeros and sparkling water. I'm determined to stay on track, although it'll be hard facing all the temptations. However, I have arranged for my weigh in to be on Friday morning, so I'm hoping that whatever loss I have this week will spur me on to be a good girl and have another good loss the next week! :D

This afternoon we have a friend coming over (she lectures photography at a college nearby) I met her at the ante natal classes and she has offered to do a photo shoot of Elliot, so I took her up on it!!! She'll be here at 2.30pm.

So, a busy day for me means a good CD day and a happy weight loss! :D:D:D

Back