Emma's Slim Fast Diary!

Hope you had a great night:)

I did have a good night, but I think I've totally ruined any chance of a weight loss this week! :( We had pizza, but we shared 2 between 3 people, so I didn't have a full one to myself, so that was a good choice. But then we started drinking, and I know there's a lot of calories in alcohol! I had a variety, from cider, cocktails, alcopops, amaretto, and diet coke on its own. Then on the way home at 3am, I was hungry again. This is the point where I'd usually get a cheese burger or a kebab, but Subway was still open, so I got a Sub instead. Quite pleased with myself for making the healthier choice :) But then when we got up this afternoon, my boyfriend and I were both pretty hungover and really wanted junk food, so we ended up having fish and chips :( So yeah, it was a good night out, but I've eaten far too much junk :(

All of this week has been pretty bad to be honest. I'm just going to write it off as a bad week, and move on. I'll stick to the plan 100% over the weekend, and hope for at least half a pound off on Monday. Anything other than STS! I'm going skating again on Sunday morning, so should burn a good amount of calories :)

I need to find my motivation again. I don't know where it's gone, but I just keep making poor food choices. It's so hard, because I'm so stressed from studying for my exams. It'll be easier once the exams are over, so I'm not panicking too much. I just want to get through the exam period without gaining any weight. Stress always leads me to junk food, so I need to try and stay in control.

I'll be back at my parents house this time in four weeks. Roll on 10th June! I can focus more on my diet then, but for now, it's all about survival. I'm doing whatever I can just to get through the next four weeks, so I'm not going to be too hard on myself. As long as I don't gain, I'm happy :)

Bless u Emma x try not to worry too much it was only one nights splurge u still got the little voice in yr head telling u to have a sub instead of a kebab!
Yr still doin well love under all ur stress n exams x keep going we all have moments darlin x

Bless u Emma x try not to worry too much it was only one nights splurge u still got the little voice in yr head telling u to have a sub instead of a kebab!
Yr still doin well love under all ur stress n exams x
keep going
we all have moments darlin
Xx

Yep, I'm still plodding on! I'm going to go and do a workout in a bit, just to ease the guilt of being naughty recently lol. I'm not too bothered about what happens in the next 4 weeks, I'm just going to do the best I can do, and see what happens. If I don't see big losses, then so what? I can make up for it once exams are over and I'm free of university and cooking for myself! I know I'll do much better when I'm home and my mum is cooking for me lol. I'm just going to try and be as healthy as possible down here and aim for 1-2lbs per week, if possible. But I'm not going to beat myself up about it if I don't get the results I want. It's going to be a slow journey, just have to enjoy the ride :)

Emma, I have been in the EXACT same boat that you are in right now!! I just got done with finals on Wednesday... over the entire semester, I lost 10 pounds, about two pounds a month-- sloooow going! Of course, I was naughty on several occasions when my husband ordered pizza. :p I've enjoyed being a newlywed I guess!

Now that final exams are done, I feel free and empowered... no homework! :) I've done laundry and dishes and other productive things and I've been able to exercise.

Best of luck to you on your final exams. You have a fabulous attitude about your weight loss. It is not easy to lose weight in college!

Don't be too hard on yourself, like you said just write the week off and start again :)

I have revision to look forward to after work today whoop whoop!!

Xx

Thanks everyone! I know it's a bit of a bad time to start to diet, with exams coming up, because I usually only get through the hours of revision by stuffing my face with crisps and sweets lol. But I'm trying to stick to the diet as much as possible, even if I don't stick to it 100%. I've only had a meal replacement bar today, and bought lunch at work (tub of pasta), and I was starving when I got home, so I made more pasta (arghh carb overload!). But I've got two hours of skating tomorrow morning to look forward to :) I'm not looking forward to Monday's weigh-in, I'm expecting to STS, or maybe even a slight gain, but I don't mind.

I've got to concentrate on my exams at the minute, they are the most important thing now, so I'm going to do whatever I can to get through the revision, even if it means having the odd bag of crisps or packet of sweets. I need to make sure I do well in the exams, so restricting myself isn't going to help. My plan is to exercise as much as I can, to try and counteract any bad food choices I make. I'm not going to feel guilty about slipping up, because I'm still young (I'm only 22!), so I've got all the time in the world to lose the weight. I can concentrate on it more when my exams are finished. It's only three weeks, it's not going to be that bad.

I really don't want to gain back the 5lbs I've lost so far though, so I'm going to try and stay on track as much as possible. I'm still going to be on here every day, and I'm still going to be recording my weigh-ins, so hopefully knowing that I have to report on here if I've gained or not will give me a bit of a push. Then once exams are over, the diet can have my full attention, and I will finally be able to afford a gym membership, so there'll be no stopping me! :)

Work was so boring today. The time dragged so much, and from next week I'm working 9-5 instead of 10-5. It's only an extra hour, but it makes the shift seem so much longer! :( First exam is next Friday, so worried about it! Got so much revision to do :( Better get back to it!

Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend :)

The way you are going about the dieting in combination in preparing for your exams is awesome. Next year when you've developed healthier eating habits (that's my big problem!), you won't need to rely on the snacking so much! I LOVE to snack while I study... it is an issue, lol!

I like to have a glass or two of wine when I study :)

Week 4, Day 6.

I try not to drink alcohol very often, the Metformin I'm taking says to avoid alcohol, so I don't want to risk being ill! :(

I'm really struggling to get motivated to do revision. I'll be fine for my other 3 exams, but for the first one, Eating Behaviour, I just can't get my head around it! The lecture notes are rubbish, and the textbook doesn't have much relevant information in it either. I just want to get it out of the way. These exams are so important though, they're going to be deciding what grade classification I get for the whole degree, so I can't afford to mess up. I need to get my head in the right place.

On a plus note, I stepped on the scales this morning, and it said I'd lost 1/2 a pound. It's not much, but considering the way I've been eating this week, I'm really pleased! Obviously, I'll wait till the official weigh in tomorrow to update my stats and ticker, but I hope the 1/2 a pound stays off, and maybe even increases to a full 1lb. That'll make my week, after STS last week :)

Thanks Rach! :) I'm going to be moaning about them for a while yet, the first one is on Friday, and my last one is on the 3rd of June, so no doubt I'll be moaning for the whole time! Lol. But moaning on here helps, it gets all the frustration out, and knowing people here are so supportive means so much to me. It's going to be a tough few weeks, but I know I can get through it. I might not lose any weight in the next three weeks or so, but I have to prioritise, and my exams are just more important right now. That doesn't mean I'm going to be stuffing my face constantly, but if I feel I need a pick-me-up or a treat to help with revision, then I'm going to have it. I need to do well in these exams, so I can focus more on my diet afterwards.

I'm still on here every day though, and I'm still weighing in tomorrow. I'm not expecting a huge loss (or a loss at all, for that matter!), but it helps to still come on here and report my weigh-ins, to make sure I don't fall off the wagon. I just wish I could somehow magically skip past the next three weeks and have all my exams done already. There just aren't enough hours in the day! :(

That is a pity about the eating behaviour class! I would hope that a class like that would help me to improve my eating habits and the like. But when a class simply isn't taught well, that kind of ruins it.

Sending you good vibes; I know just how you feel!

Well, I can't quite believe I'm saying this, but I'm now on the first day of week 5! Can't believe I've stuck to it for so long! :) And I've lost 1lb this week, so I'm really pleased! 1lb isn't a lot, but considering I've had a few slip ups, and haven't exercised much, I'm over the moon! It's definitely spurred me on to keep going, and hopefully next week I can tick off the half a stone mini goal! :D

Well done darlin x

Back