Emma's Slimming World mission!

Duffs said:
Not that you're in the mood for food at the moment, get better soon hun x x x

Thank you :) x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Afternoon lovelies. I feel a lot better today after I spent yesterday feeling extremely sorry for myself. I definitely won't be eating Dominos or any takeaways for a while...

I have an MRI scan today at 6.20pm (really wish it was earlier so I don't have to spend the day waiting to go to hospital) but thankfully I can eat before it (sometimes they ask you not to) but I'll have to squeeze my main meal in before I go, we usually have food around 7ish and I'm going to be at the hospital for around an hour...

Red day:
B: dry toast (how exciting!) - hex b
L: ham and cheese toastie (hex a and b for the bread) - seems a bit naughty but it's not so bad.
D: meat free sausages (1 syn for 2), lots of roasted veg (I am really addicted to roasted broccoli!) and a teeny portion of rice (it's synned but I can't remember off the top of my head - shall look it up later though)

Mullerlights for snacks, and as usual lots of fruit salad squash, though I'm almost out of that :(

I picked up some ice lollies yesterday in sainsburys, they're toy story ones and are 1 calorie each! Ice lollies always feel like a big treat and they're mostly just ice so they take forever to eat. Brilliant :D

Morning (only just!). The ice lollies were really nice and full of flavour, I was expecting them to be rubbish as they're clear ice but they were delicious. I looked it up and they're syn free (unless I've looked up the wrong thing...) and at 1 calorie per lolly I'm not that bothered about them. I only had one last night but it's nice to know I could have more ;)

The MRI scan went well, it was the weirdest thing I've ever experienced but I just chilled out in there for 45 mins and it was fine, if a little boring!

I'm starting to hit a bit of a brick wall when it comes to SW - I don't like doing EE much because I like having the extra hexs, but when it comes to my evening meal I'm never sure what to have when rice, pasta & potatoes are synned on red and meat is synned on green. I used to eat a lot of quorn but I don't have any in at the moment, I just have frozen meat in so I'd like to use that up. I'm going to look around the forum for inspiration and reread the books and cookbooks that I have. :)

So today - extra easy!
B: bran flakes (hex b) and ss milk (hex a)
L: pasta, ham and veggies
D: prawn and stir fry rice made with sesame oil (6 syns) and herbs. OH wanted to get me a 'treat' for having the MRI yesterday, he suggested a takeaway but I'd rather have his homemade version, its amazing!
Snacks: toy story ice lollies! The usual mullerlights and a hot chocolate for the cold cold evening - 2 syns and my remaining milk allowance. I'm looking forward to this already :D

I'm having a naughty day today, I'm not entirely going off plan but I am going to have some naughty snacks just because it's the weekend and I fancy it. I should have a better excuse really but I don't :D
However I am doing my food shopping today and planning out menus, so from Monday when I get the shopping delivered it'll be back on plan for a good while.

B: Got up too late to have breakfast, oops.
L: 1 and a half Linda McCartney sausages (2.5 syns) and an egg on wholemeal bread (hex b) with a squirt of ketchup (1 syn)
I also had 2 chewy, amazing cookies - 12 syns each so that's 24 syns...
D: SW chips and meat free burgers (0.5 syns for 1) and a big salad.

And I maaaay have some Battenburg cake later - 5 syns for 28g so about 10 syns for that then...

Writing it down makes it seem awful! I think I might use weekly syns this week - til next Saturday. I never usually feel like I need a big treat on weekends, but for some reason today I just really want some naughty things! I must say it was so good to taste that delicious cookie earlier, I haven't had anything like that for a while.

39/105 syns

So err...we also had pizza last night from a local takeaway, it was nice (and my side had spinach on!) but so off plan, teehee. I'm just going to forget about it because it'll be too many syns to count! But I'll be good from now on, promise!

Today's plan is exactly the same as yesterday's, minus the cookies and the battenburg. I did an online shop last night so I'm going to get my love and zest back for SW tomorrow. But I just realised that I dont think I'll be able to fit all the mullers I've ordered into my fridge, oopsie!

43/105 syns

New start today. Shopping is being delivered between 3 and 5 so I'll put some pics up when it comes. I forgot to buy apples and quark so I might have to go shopping tomorrow, pfft. I'm feeling really lethargic and tired today, slept in until 11 and I was meant to get up early and be productive but ughhhh. I don't think that pizza helped, or those cookies, or the battenburg! Tut tut. But I think I might need to get some vitamins to help me.

Green day today.
B: Toast - wholemeal bread (hex b) with some Flora light (2 syns)
L: Meat free burger (0.5 syns) with wholemeal bun (hex b), mozzarella (hex a), salad, and ketchup (1 syns)
D: prawn (3 syns) curry with rice, broccoli, lots of seasoning, chicken stock.
Syns: Chocolate brioche (7)

12.5 syns in total.

55.5/105 syns

Last edited:
My shopping came!

Frozen stuff:

im3zgw.jpg

Linda McCartney sausages x2
Quorn mince
Quorn chicken pieces x2
Prawns x3
Chicken breast fillets x3
Pork chops
Sweetcorn

Fridge stuff:

15x8lcx.jpg

Ham
Mullerlights x21
Cheese x2
Broccoli x2

Our fridge looks like a Mullerlight factory.

2u8xqgm.jpg

^^ It goes back 3 rows!

Speaking of our fridge, I made a chart to remind myself and the boyfriend of our progress with SW. I've hooked some pens on to it so I can update it too. I had to use that horrible, heavy 3 magnet to keep it on!

8ww4sw.jpg

Cupboardy stuff:

11b2l50.jpg

Red onions x2
Eggs
Fry light
Chopped tomatoes x5
Pasta x2
Cous cous
Pilchards x2
Tuna
Jack Daniels glaze
Garlic

fu5owx.jpg

Shreddies
Tesco's own Weetabix (I hope they're nice!)
Wholemeal buns
Chocolate filled brioche (wah, they were buy one get one free with the wholemeal buns and I had to pick something as I didn't want to end up with loads of buns. They're either 6 or 8 syns each, I can't remember, but that's not too bad, not as horrific as the blueberry muffins which were my first choice!)
Sweetener
2 big bottles of summer fruits squash
Apple and strawberry squash

This will last us a while as we already have a lot of frozen veg :D I love food shopping, it renews my motivation for SW, I was really struggling over the weekend!

I've woken up (really late, I must say) with a blinding headache and a terrible cold. I was up most of the night being scared to death by the wind outside - we have a tree right outside our bedroom window and I was CONVINCED that it was going to come through the wall. Ugh! It seems that with the start of autumn and colder weather I always get colds, I forgot how miserable they make you feel after a summer of health!

WI was today, I STS. I'm a bit disappointed but then I did have 2 takeaways and a load of junk food last week, so I can't complain. I was naughty and it showed! At least I didn't gain though. OH did, and he's very upset, even though I keep telling him it's only 2lb and that'll come off really quickly!

Today is an Extra Easy day:
B: 2 Weetabix and ss milk (hex a and b), a strawberry mullerlight and an orange.
L: Cous cous with garlic, possibly lemon or coriander or something that goes well with garlic, prawns and broccoli (lotsssss of broccoli), some cucumber and an orange
D: Meat free burger (0.5 syns), SW chips and beans with a big salad (this is my 'thrown together because I forgot to take chicken out to defrost meal')
Snacks: Chocolate brioche (7 syns), mullerlights (well I have to get through that stack I have!)

I'm planning on being 100% until next WI now, I don't want to STS next week. I'm going to attempt to drink loads of water too, because I hardly ever do. :D

63/105

My lunch, which was looooovely! Made far too much though so I've saved it and I shall have it tomorrow.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 362
I have started keeping a spreadsheet with my meals on now, it'll hopefully make being 100% a lot easier. I have a full blown cold now, it's not nice. Just want to snuggle under a duvet watching crap TV and eating something sugary and delicious. :(

Green day today.
B: 2 Weetabix with ss milk (hex a & b), strawberry mullerlight
L: Meat free burger (0.5 syns) with wholemeal roll (hex b) and mozzarella (3.5 syns)
D: pasta bake, with broccoli, peppers, leek, chopped tomatoes, stock and a grating of cheese on top (hex a)
Snacks: Chocolate brioche (7) - only 1 of these left now, woo!

74/105

Last edited:
Still feeling rubbish, but the OH is going away for work today so I'll be on my own and I think I'm just going to spend the whole day relaxing in the bath :p

B: Weetabix and ss milk (hex a and b)
L: Pasta and quorn
D: lasagne! I wanted to make it yesterday but felt too poorly to go out and buy quark, plus the rain and wind were crazy so I didn't want to venture out in that. I have to go to the train station today to drop my boyfriend off at the station so I will buy quark while I'm out!

This is the recipe for the lasagne that I'll be using, in case anyone is interested :) http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/188201-syn-free-lasagne-ee-using-hex.html

Syns wise, I'm not sure what I'm going to have - the only treats we have in are Quavers and some mini milks, so I might have one of those, but I'm not really feeling them right now! So we shall see :)

81/105

Last edited:
Just saying hello! I see you have a thing for pizza. I make the instant mash one every week and use two HEs of cheese on it. I only use full fat cheese cos I can't stand the half fat as it doesn't melt right. Anyway I love my pizza so I think you should def try it. Free on green. Xx

craftylucyloo said:
Just saying hello! I see you have a thing for pizza. I make the instant mash one every week and use two HEs of cheese on it. I only use full fat cheese cos I can't stand the half fat as it doesn't melt right. Anyway I love my pizza so I think you should def try it. Free on green. Xx

Teehee, I do have a thing for pizza! My boyfriend used to make his own pizzas using homemade dough and everything, we hadn't been doing that long and then we started SW and I miss that! I have wondered about the instant mash pizza, I don't have any smash or anything in at the moment but I'll get some when I next go shopping and give it a go :D

Some tips are....

Use baking paper on the baking tray and spray liberally with fry light.

Add some basil or other herb into the mash when you make it up.

Just use enough water to make it doughy.

Press it as thin as you can and spray liberally with fry light.

Cook in hot oven till it "taps" on the top with your finger then turn over and cook again before you add sauce and toppings. Then it's just a case of 5-10 mins till the cheese melts.

It sounds faffy but its not once you get the hang of it. There is a pic somewhere in my diary of the pizza I make. I love it.

That looks delicious, I will definitely be making it soon :D Smash is one of those things I always think I have stashed away in the cupboard but there's none there. Just when I want some!

Yesterday we went and stocked up on fruit - grapes, apples, oranges, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries... we had a nice fruity feast last night with a vanilla mullerlight, it was delicious. And I think OH feels better about his weightloss now which is good.

Green day :)
B: 2 Weetabix and ss milk (hex a and b)
L: jacket potato with tuna (hex b) and mayo (1)
D: Leftover lasange from yesterday (with quorn & quark) with cheese (hex a)
Snacks: All the fruit you could imagine ;), mullerlight.

I had some full fat Coke yesterday, it was bloody delicious and so worth it. It was 7 syns, but I didn't have any other syns all day so it's all good. :D

Not sure if I can end today on 1 syn, but then I don't want to have anything for the sake of it so I'll see how I feel in the evening, might have a hot chocolate or something if I fancy it :)

82/105

I read somewhere that Smash is no longer free but I get the Tesco instant value stuff which is free and tastes fine. x

Oh no, good job I don't have any in then haha. I shall keep in mind to get the Tesco value version instead, thank you, o mash pizza queen! :p

Afternoon! Walked 4 miles this morning on a round trip to pay our rent (we have an old fashioned estate agents that doesn't take direct debit, just cheque or cash!), did some window shopping to look at all the pretty dresses I'll hopefully be able to wear soon while we were walking through town!

Speaking of dresses, I bought a size 16 dress just before I started doing SW and I'm wearing it now and it's massive! I feel like I've lost weight on my boobs, the dress is huge around them :D

Green day today :)
B/L (have only just had food): wholemeal roll (hex b) with Linda McCartney sausages (4 syns for 2), an egg and a squirt of BBQ sauce (0.5) as we're out of ketchup!
D: grilled chicken with mozzarella (hex a) SW chips and salad, im going to make paprika chips for the first time, I'm excited even thinking about it :D
Might have some cereal as supper if I'm still hungry, I'm aware that I haven't had breakfast really so I expect to be a little bit hungry later! It'll be Weetabix and ss milk (hex a and b)

Snacks: mullerlight, lots of fruit :)

I am feeling really motivated and focused today, I hope this feeling sticks around!

Back