Emma's Slimming World mission!

So yesterday I may have accidentally had 5 cookies, oops! I had the worst headache I think I've ever had (always happens when it's stormy out) and I just fancied something sugary. It came to 60 syns! So I'll be doing weekly syns now until next Saturday... How awful, the cookies were delicious and did make me feel a bit better at the time but not worth that many syns :p

B: shreddies and ss milk (hex a and b)
L: tuna salad with egg
D: prawns with rice and veggies

I'm sticking to fruit and mullers today, to be honest I feel a bit sick after yesterday's excess and I don't feel like much. That'll teach me!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

The wind is so so awful here, it really scares me. A few roads have been closed and I've watched people walk past the window who are barely walking, they're just being pushed along :D

Extra easy :)
B: Vanilla muller, two apples, a handful of grapes and strawberries, and an orange. Fruit feast! Haven't got any milk in, what a disaster. I miss my Weetabix!
L: Pasta, quorn and broccoli with grated cheese (hex a) I put the Quorn in the microwave and it burnt :( So I had some ham instead. So disappointed, I couldn't eat the quorn though as it had gone rock solid! I was having plain pasta so no sauce, so I guess thats why. Siiiigh!
D: Prawn stir fry with rice and lots of veggies (broccoli, green beans, peppers, leek and sweetcorn). I'm not doing very well with my healthy extras today, so I might use 1tbsp of olive oil as a hexb.

I go back to uni in two weeks, so I'm spending today getting things organised for that. I'm going to have to go out and buy a lunchbox to take my SW friendly lunches in soon, I dread to think of buying food from the SU like I did last year - everything is so stodgy and full of syns! I'm thinking cous cous and pasta lunches with quorn and lots of veggies :)

Last edited:
Hello! Lost 1lb this week, which I am very pleased about considering I was very naughty and had those delightful cookies. This week WILL be a 100% week, my danger day is Saturday and the OH is away working then so I doubt I'll want to get any treats in for myself. And losing weight is such a thrill, I need to keep that feeling in mind :)

B: 2 Weetabix & ss milk (hex a and b), vanilla mullerlight
L: Cheese on toast (hex a and b), grapes, strawberries, an apple
D: Chinese style pork - pork with the fat removed in Chinese five spice, broccoli, rice (4 syns)
And more mullerlight and fruit :)

It is period week this week, and I am in so much pain :( Sigh... Just been rejected from a scholarship I applied to as well, my fault really as I study journalism and it's a scholarship for a major bank. I had to do a maths test and a financial test and failed both because my maths is just rubbish! Not surprised really, but it is a bit disheartening. I've been talking to another girl that studies drama that is in the same boat as me, which is making me feel better at least...

Green day today.
B: 2 Weetabix, ss milk (hex a and b), mullerlight
L: cheese on toast (hex a and b)
D: either spaghetti bolognese (but i still have no spaghetti in so it'll be a pasta bolognese...) or chilli made with quorn mince, veg, rice, etc.

I am really craving flapjack at the moment. I have all the ingredients in to make it myself but seeing as it's basically just a load of sugar and butter with oats, I don't know if I should do it because of how high they must be in syns. Then again I usually need sugar during my period or else I feel really faint. This is blatantly an excuse but it is true :p I'll see how long I can go without and then give in if I can't resist later :D

Ugh, I am not having a good day today. I'm coding websites and I keep running into stupid errors that I'm struggling to fix. Aaargh! And I'm in so much pain, i just want to snuggle up and go back to sleep.

Anyway, today:
B: 2 Weetabix and SS milk (hex a and b)
L: 2 eggs, Linda McCartney sausages (4 syns for 2)
D: Chilli made with quorn, lots of veggies and rice.

Trying to stop myself from diving head first into a vat of sugary goodness is proving quite difficult, but I'm still trying, that's something at least. :(

Yesterday's frustrations have passed, and I'm feeling a lot better today. Still in a lot of pain but I'm dealing with it a bit better!

B: 2 Weetabix and ss milk (hex a and b)
L: Pasta, ham, with a passata sauce
D: Quorn lasagne made with quark
Syns: Curly wurly (6)

Walked the OH to the station this morning at 6am, and walked back in the pouring rain so I'm tired and sniffly, not a good combination!

EE
B: 2 Weetabix and ss milk (hex a and b)
I might have to have another bowl of Weetabix, I am SO hungry despite already having food. Why?! Must be because I'm so tired...I'm going to try and hold off because I want today to be extra easy instead of red...
L: Pasta, chicken and brocolli in chopped tomatoes
D: Chicken curry with veg and rice.

I bought myself a can of Diet Coke to have as a treat on my way home from the station, I am currently snuggling up on the sofa wearing OH's dressing gown reading Cosmopolitan and sipping on the delightful fizziness! I have missed having Coke regularly :D

Ugh...I found a mouse in our kitchen :( I freaked out, had a major panic attack and locked myself in the bedroom. And I'm home alone! So I've just been sitting in here crying! OH is on his way home. I cant face going into the rest of the flat - I am SO scared :/ and I'll be eating out tonight, I don't even care haha. I'll also have to throw the veggies/fruit I store on a trolley, I just can't bear to even look. I didn't even know that I was scared of rodents, makes me appreciate spiders so much more!

I'm still completely on edge. And possibly over reacting but I don't care, im so scared! It'll be fun when the mr comes home and we have to try and find it. Or rather, he does...

Okay so I'll be heading for a gain this week I think :/
On Saturday I actually had; 2 bowls of Weetabix and McDonalds - a sweet chilli crispy chicken wrap, some fries stolen from OH, a galaxy crumble mcflurry and normal coke. Eeep! It was the only place open that we could go out to eat at, seeing as I refused to go into the kitchen after the mouse incident.

Yesterday:
B: weetabix and ss milk (hex a and b)
L: my usual weekend favourite of Linda McCartney sausages and egg sandwich (hex b for the bread, 4 syns for the sausages)
D: honey and mustard chicken tonight with chicken thighs and rice. I saw that the low fat version is almost 20 syns for a jar so I dread to think how many syns the normal one is! But I did have half a jar, so it's a bit better...

I have not had a great week, plus it is *week. I will make up for it, it's only the one week after all :)

I've spent a few hours reassessing how I feel about SW, my weight and my health and i know I'm desperate to lose this weight. But I get really tired and Im not a big fan of cooking, although I'm not an awful cook. So, SW magazine in hand I've planned out our meals for more or less a month (the month booklet in the new issue is amazing), I've made an asda online shop (though I can't buy it til next week when I get paid) and I'm going to buy a slow cooker so 'being tired' wont be an excuse.

It's made me all excited about SW and losing weight again, so that good! And tonight I have made a nice quorn, pepper, carrot and chickpea chilli with rice.

No more excuses!!

Back