Emmielou's diary

Emmielou

After years of being unhappy with the way I look and trying countless times to do something about it but failing miserably I've decided to have ago at Lipotrim.

I want to lose just under 2 stone and feel if I can achieve this it will give me so much more confidence, which I am in much need of being newly single!

I went to the pharmacy on friday 6th however as I was going away to birmingham for the weekend decided to wait til monday to start.

After the first few days I didnt see how I could possible go on :cry:although I wasnt actually hungry, I couldnt get food out of my head. I was even dreaming about food. I had a couple of headaches however they werent to bad and they soon went. All I wanted to do was cry and go to bed so I knew I had got through another day.

I had my first weigh in last Friday and although i had only been on lipotrim since monday I had lost 4Ibs which I was really pleased about. This seemed to be just what I needed to spur me on.

I took some of the flapjacks to try in my second week and OMG they were absolutely foul! The pharmacist did try to warn me but I thought surely they cant be that bad......how wrong was I! :yuk:By the third day I was on my way back to the pharmacy to swap them all along with the soups (which I can no longer stomach) for shakes.

Now i am nearly coming to the end of my second week and it has been soooo different to the first! Its actually been a breeze. The food dreams have stopped and I can now be around food without wanting to tear my hair out. My energy levels feel pretty normal and I have even been able to get back to the gym this week. Even the shakes are starting to taste better....dont get me wrong they're nothing compared to a proper macdonalds one but at least they are palatable.

I have just moved back to live with my parents and so my mum decided to do the diet with me but dad couldnt be persuaded and I thought this would be really difficult, having to sit and watch him eat however this week it just hasnt been a problem. Infact I've decided to start cooking his meals for him as I love the smell of food and just being in the kitchen surrounded by the smell is enough to make me feel full.
I'm actually really excited about going home tonight and cooking something......is that really sad? lol

Looking forward to my second weigh in tomorrow and hoping to have lost 6/7Ibs.

Fingers crossed!

hi emmielou well done for being brave enough to go on liportrim. I was just looking at your start weight which in stones is 10 st 11 is that right? i was just wondering did your pharmacist check your bmi? or tried to encourage you not to do it? its just i thought they wouldnt put you on LT unless your bmi is 0ver 30? Id like to see your weightloss over the weeks only cuz i was biting my nail abit thinking that when i do hit the 11 stone mark that my weight loss will slow really down as we dont have alot of fat to lose, so maybe watching your weekly weight loss will ease my mind abit. so keep me posted? and good luck .

Hi milkshakejunkie thanks for the support! Yeah I checked with my pharmacist and she said that as long as your BMI is over 25 you are ok to do it. Yes my start weight was 10st 11Ibs and as im short she said that i have about a stone / stone and half to lose and then i'll be at my ideal weight. The pharmacist thinks it should take about 4/5 weeks so heres hoping.

Second weigh in is today so i'll let you know how i get on! I dont know whether im more nervous or excited!

Well done on your loss so far! looks like by your goal we are aiming to be about the same!

Spk soon
x

Well done Emmielou, your on your way to feeling much better about yourself! Nice you have your mum to help each other. Good luck for next week.
Emma x

Well what a dissapointment!! I lost 2Ibs! Im feeling pretty down now!

The pharamacist couldn't understand why and went through everything with me! Apparently going to the gym could have effected it and i may have over done it and built muscle. I've therefore been banned from any form of exercise this week and definately no gym! Dont need to tell me twice!

She also said to take senokot as ive not gone as much as i would normally so that could have played a big part in it.

I have to lose big this week or I will be taken off it!

Very very disheartened :cry:

oh gosh!!! i didnt know the pharmacist would take you off lt if you didnt lose as much?? i dont think my pharmacist is that strict. dont dis heartened hun at least you lost something like i said because your not really fat you might not have alot to loose so it may not be as much a week. when i started i started out 14 st 1 first week i lost 4ibs and then second week i lost 6 this week i lost 3 i hardly have done any execises apart from light resistant excersises and some one did say to me when you dont have alot of fat to loose you wont loose as much a week as some one who is really big have a look at other peoples loss youll find the majority of ones who lost alot in first months are all bigger with a bmi over 31 than youll notice after a cople months their weight loss arent as big as it was when they first start out. Dont give up youll will lose it its just the case if being patient. and if your pharmacist does stop you then switch to xante. thats what im dong if my pharmacist stops me on 10.st 10 ( which i think i still got a long way to go at least another stone from that) i will be switching to xante.

hi there Emmielou, just looked at your stats your a similar size to me. 5.4 - I started off 5 weeks ago 155lb. 1st week i lost 9lb (but think i weighed more than usual on first weigh in due to my period) but never the less 9lb lighter. the second week however was much slower, its gone like this for me
week 1 - 9lb
week 2 - 3lb
week 3 - 3lb
week 4 - 2.2lb - last weigh in was just under 138 and i've done another week since then so waiting for my weigh in - been good all week so hoping for another 3lb - fingers crossed!. I'm aiming for 133lb but if I feel upto it and are allowed I may go to 126lb but that depends on the clinic i go to. i too have been exercising throughout, power walking 3-4 times per week but it doesnt seem to have hindered my loss! ps i have also cheated slightly during the 5 weeks but nothing excessive, just picked on some meat and some vegetables occasionally. (had a few crackers as well !). good luck. keep me updated.

Milkshakejunkie - Great results! dont worry I wont give up! I'm sticking with it and just going to keep my fingers crossed this week. I know I wasnt massively overweight to begin with but I have got a stone and a half to go so expected big losses each week. Think I'll plan for smaller ones from now on and then if its more its a bonus.

She only said she'd take me off it for my benefit really cos of the money and its not worth putting myself through it when I could lose that by normal diets. I'll keep you updated though, hopefully I lose a respectable amount next friday.

Tashbuckle - thanks for the comments and well done on your results! Its good to see theres someone the same as me then! How long have you got until you reach your goal? I was doing about 40 mins of cadio at the gym and then sit ups everyday and night so she said just leave it this week and see if it works! Let me know how you get on at your next weigh in!

Keeping my chin up for this week, after all I have lost 6Ibs in 2 weeks so thats better than nothing!

Spk soon
x

HI there, depends how long the clinic will allow me to go on it, i reckon maybe another week after this one and she will put me on re-feed to lose the rest, my goal was 9.6 on the chart, which means i have another 6lb, i think i lost 3 aleady this week so another week should do it then on re-feed? not sure, not quite ready to give up on it yet. if i gain weight would rather gain from 9 to 9.7, rather than 9.7 upto 10 potentially if thta makes sense

Thats exactly the same as what I wanted. Really I would be happy to be 9st 7Ibs but then i thought to myself i should have some leeway incase I gain weight so thought it best to aim for 9st so i can just fluctuate between that and 9.7.

However now i realise my weight loss is going to be less each week i am still only going to stick with it for the initial 4 weeks i planned and then after re-reed will just use healthy eating and exercise to lose the rest.

emmielou, i would try and stick on this diet until you reach your goal it will be much quicker and you may never get chance to go on it again!! (hopefully). i was tempted to finish this week thinking of the cost. but then i thort i will never be able to go on this again so will get another weeks supply.

Emmielou
I hve same goal as you to get to 9st
and hve a buffer of 7 pounds to 9.7 but
my pharmacist wants to stop me at bmi of
25 so think I can convince her to let me
get to 10 st then I am going to do exante
for last stone Think it's pretty much same
diet with good results and more varied I think
if you stop Lt then exante is the way to go
until you are at your goal x

It may be because you don't have too much weight to lose that you are not losing as much as others. Also if you have a full bowel this can make a huge difference.
Good luck next week.
Emma x

emmielou, i would try and stick on this diet until you reach your goal it will be much quicker and you may never get chance to go on it again!! (hopefully). i was tempted to finish this week thinking of the cost. but then i thort i will never be able to go on this again so will get another weeks supply.

It all depends on my weight loss over the next couple of weeks. If its just going to be a couple of pounds theres not really much point on staying on it as I could lose that by going to the gym and watching what I eat. The main reason I wanted to do this diet was because I wanted a quick start to boost my motivation and so id see results faster than normal. If I lose 3 or 4 pounds a week i may stick with it longer.

I am feeling pretty positive though this week as although my loss hasnt been that big in Ibs I definately feel so much slimmer and have been able to get in clothes that i havent been able to for years.

I think the closer I get to the end it will seem easier to stick with it for another week rather than thinking i've got 3 weeks still to go, so dont know yet what I'll do.

Emmielou
I hve same goal as you to get to 9st
and hve a buffer of 7 pounds to 9.7 but
my pharmacist wants to stop me at bmi of
25 so think I can convince her to let me
get to 10 st then I am going to do exante
for last stone Think it's pretty much same
diet with good results and more varied I think
if you stop Lt then exante is the way to go
until you are at your goal x

Hi Wamser

How come your pharmacist wont let you go below 25? I would have thought that you would be allowed to go a bit below that as a BMI of 25 is still classed as overweight so they should let you get under that. Mine seems to be ok as even though my BMI was just over 25 she still agreed that I have at least a stone to go so let me do it and I think she'd keep giving it to me until I reached my goal, if I can keep it up that long.

How much longer you planning on doing it for? Havent heard of exante before so will have to look it up!
x

It may be because you don't have too much weight to lose that you are not losing as much as others. Also if you have a full bowel this can make a huge difference.
Good luck next week.
Emma x

Thanks Emma

It was just a bit of a shocker on Friday cos she'd been saying that the second week is the week u lose pure fat and it should be about 6/7 Ibs, so feel extremley deflated to have lost 2!

Hoping that now the bowel situation is corrected that I may see a difference this week. Think I was kidding myself that I would lose 6/7 Ibs a week cos like you say i havent got that much to go so now I have a more realistic goal in mind i should be ok. Id be over the moon if I could shed the 5Ibs that are keeping me in the 10st bracket but will be ok if its 3/4 Ibs, after all if you actually look at 3/4Ibs of fat it is alot.

Fingers crossed for a good week
x

Hi Wamser

How come your pharmacist wont let you go below 25? I would have thought that you would be allowed to go a bit below that as a BMI of 25 is still classed as overweight so they should let you get under that. Mine seems to be ok as even though my BMI was just over 25 she still agreed that I have at least a stone to go so let me do it and I think she'd keep giving it to me until I reached my goal, if I can keep it up that long.

How much longer you planning on doing it for? Havent heard of exante before so will have to look it up!
x

She insists that it is unhealthy to go under bmi 25 as on tfr it eats into muscle a bot alarmist if you ask me ! I think
she will let me go to 10 st if I push which I will
Planning another five weeks from Sat then switching to exante
for remaining stone
Exante is also tfr but more flexible as you can hve bars
and wt loss appears to be good
You are doing really well how long are you planning to keep
going ? Ps my Sister did it before and consistently
lost 4lbs a week right down to bmi 20 so you cam expect good losses all the way and she has kept it off for 2 yrs now ! X

She insists that it is unhealthy to go under bmi 25 as on tfr it eats into muscle a bot alarmist if you ask me ! I think
she will let me go to 10 st if I push which I will
Planning another five weeks from Sat then switching to exante
for remaining stone
Exante is also tfr but more flexible as you can hve bars
and wt loss appears to be good
You are doing really well how long are you planning to keep
going ? Ps my Sister did it before and consistently
lost 4lbs a week right down to bmi 20 so you cam expect good losses all the way and she has kept it off for 2 yrs now ! X

Wow sounds like your sister has done fantastic, afterall people say that keeping it off will be the hardest part!

How long i keep going depends on how much I lose over the next couple of weeks. If its decent then i will feel motivated to continue plus in my mind everytime i get to the end week it wont seem a big deal to just say well i'll do another week cos it should fly, rather than sitting here now and planning to keep it up for another 4 weeks! If I can do aswell as your sister that would be brilliant. Did your sister do exercise whilst on it towards the end?
x

Wow sounds like your sister has done fantastic, afterall people say that keeping it off will be the hardest part!

How long i keep going depends on how much I lose over the next couple of weeks. If its decent then i will feel motivated to continue plus in my mind everytime i get to the end week it wont seem a big deal to just say well i'll do another week cos it should fly, rather than sitting here now and planning to keep it up for another 4 weeks! If I can do aswell as your sister that would be brilliant. Did your sister do exercise whilst on it towards the end?
x

No she didn't lift a finger ! Really didn't hve the energy
she went from 10.10 to 9 stone now she works really
hard at keeping it off a low carb diet and a bit of exercise
but she mainly maintains through diet so I know it can be
done and I really think that you hve to hve a plan for
maintenance I am as I said going to do a type of step down
programme Lt then Exante then Atkins for awhile and then low Gi
feel like that way Ill succeed but Im so determined never to
be overweight again x

Back