Emmielou's diary

Forgot to say Emmielou she is in Belfast so didn't
seem to hve same restrictions re Bmi lucky her !

No she didn't lift a finger ! Really didn't hve the energy
she went from 10.10 to 9 stone now she works really
hard at keeping it off a low carb diet and a bit of exercise
but she mainly maintains through diet so I know it can be
done and I really think that you hve to hve a plan for
maintenance I am as I said going to do a type of step down
programme Lt then Exante then Atkins for awhile and then low Gi
feel like that way Ill succeed but Im so determined never to
be overweight again x

Thats really good then as she started 1Ib lower than me so I guess theres no reason why I cant lose the same.

I was also planning not to go straight back to eating normally when I come off. I was thinking about doing slimming world or something similar just so I can keep an eye on my weight for the next few months and ensure i dont fall back into old habits whilst my body gets used to the change. Funny though because before this I thought no I couldnt be bothered with doing diets like that and now just the thought of eating a bowl of salad excites me! :)

Well its the day before 3rd weigh in and after last week im soooooo nervous! I havent dont any excercise just as the pharmacist advised so will be interested to see if its made a difference.

I really hope it has as last week when i got off the scales she spent ages looking at the charts and then gave me a look and said "its a bad week" then said what exactly have i done all week and made me go through everything. I told her I hadnt cheated in anyway and she said she believed me but i cant help thinking she didnt. I felt like a naughty child! dont want to go through that again especially when ive been 100% now for 18 days!!

Cant believe how fast this week has gone its flown by! I've spent alot of time this week going through cook books and recipes and planning meals that I will be able to cook when I am finally allowed to eat. Doing this had made me really appreciate food again I cant believe i used to eat crap out of the freezer all the time and takeaways.

I been cooking and baking all week (for my dad of course) and i have to say I absolutley love it. I had no idea so much food was so easy to make and when i used to think i havent got time to cook when i get in from work i couldnt have been more wrong. Now i look forward to finishing work, getting in, putting my pini on and cooking great meals from scratch. People say that scratch cooking is the best way to eat and can help you lose weight so should help with my maintenance.

Well fingers crossed for tomorrow, not even going to set a target as ill only be disappointed if i dont achieve it.

Ill let u know how i get on!!!:fingerscrossed:

Oh and I forgot to say...I booked a holiday last night :character00255: so have 4 weeks till ill be getting my bikini on again!! Determined to look good for once whilst walking along the beach!!!!

hi there, i weigh 9.8 now and am same build as u. i wouldnt blink walking round in a bikini now : ) .. so u shud look fab!! plus u got another 4 weeks to lose! good luck

Wow 9st8 well done, if you dont mind me asking what size are you now only because i want to get to size 8 im not really aiming for weight because everybodys body is diffrent so i dont know what size id be if i went to 9stone thanks xx

Hi, I'm a size 10 - although tend to go for size 12 tops sometimes depending on shape as I still have a DD cup!! not lost those lol

thats another thing im woorried about loosing my boobies lol. you must have killer curves. ill see how i am when i reach 9 stone i might be a size6 then i know i got to put weight on. thanks x

Well guys 3rd weigh in and I lost 4Ibs!! Woooooooooohoooooooooo!!:bliss:

Feel great now! plus today I wore my size 10 skinny jeans with a t-shirt tucked in and no spillage!

Definately motivated to carry on now! The original plan was that I would do 4 weeks then re-feed. Then when she said my loss was going to be slower I thought well im not doing it for longer so will just be happy with whatever I get to in 4 weeks but now Im going keep going me thinks and see what I can get to before hols! determined to get in the low 9's!!

Last edited:
hey u well done!! thats great. bet yr so pleased. makes u want to continue doesnt it. i was only doing this for 4 weeks originally but when i saw the results week after week i couldnt stop. will be sad to come off it in just 2 days, but may be able to persuade the doc to give me another week but i doubt she will. will wait and see. i like u would like to be in the low 9's rather than middle. gives you more comfort if you gain a few pounds if you stick between 9-9.7 rather than heading upto 10 again!! hope to never get upthere again :cry:. good luck for this week!! keep at it bet u looked fab in yr jeans. i'm wearing my size 10 skinny jeans tomorrow! cant wait to get them on with a new bandeau top i bought. happy dayzz

well done emmielou!! i feel excited now just had my weigh in and im 12st9 soo happy i havent been in the 12s for years i was 13 stone for years after that then it slowly creeped to 16 so when i lost it the 3 stone and got dwn to 13s it didnt budge after that and went so slow i felt like giving up because i really thought no matter what i do im going to be 13 stone for ever but when i seen the scales this morning i was sooo excited and happy knowinh it be long till i reach the 11 mark. and also to keep me motivated i bought a gorgoues slinky tight fitting vest dress from asos.com yesterday and is determined to fit in it fot xmas i cant wait.Oh and my pharmacist is defo stopping me at 10st5 so will be doing xante diet after that. well donr to all of us woo hoo!!!!

Hi sweetheart, I am so proud of you for sticking with this diet. You look amazing now even though you want to carry on (glad you do really coz I couldnt do it myself without you). Dont forget.....the end is now in sight!!!!! Love Mum. XX

Had a really bad day yesterday and I have no idea why!

I just couldnt concentrate on anything and was in the foulest of moods!:mad:

I ended up having a hot bath and going to bed at 7 and then tried to watch some tv but I still couldnt concentrate. I feel like I wanted to tear my hair out as all I could think of was food. I really felt that must be what smokers go through everyday when they are giving up cos it was hell. It was as if my body was screaming out for something and yet i couldn't give in to it.

The only thing I can think of is that I hadnt cooked anything all day so i had withdrawl from the food smells. Cooking must in a strange way fill u up and trick your body into thinking its getting the food! i dont know how.

And maybe watching my dad eat a full english in the morning and then going to the aviation park in the afternoon where i would normally have a big portion of cheesy chips also got to me!

Feeling a bit better today, maybe because my mind is occupied at work. Only 3 more days til friday and WI and then on to the last 2 weeks before refeed. Cant wish the time away fast enough.

Managed to comfortably fit into my size 10 suit today that I havent been able to wear for about 2 years and it feels great! Also on Saturday I tried on a size 10 dress that only a week ago was too tight and wouldnt fasten, yet the zip when straight up no probs! must have lost a few inches in just 1 week so thats really good to know.

Hope everyone else is doing well too!

x

Delighted for you Emmielou I know it's hard
hve been struggling myself over past few days
Can't wait to be at your stage with only a stone to
go keep up the good work you are doing great x

Well Im having a much better day today! Last night something seemed to click and I felt happy and fine again and motivated to get through the next 2 1/2 weeks.

Had quite a few comments today at work and with every one it makes the whole thing that little bit more worth it! Its always funny though when people say how have you lost the weight and when i say i havent eaten any food for the last 4 weeks and their faces look like this :eek:!

Going shopping at lunch to get some bits for my dads tea. Hes having homemade burgers that me and mum prepared a week ago and Im soooo looking forward to going home and cooking them, the smell will be incredible.

2 more days til WI.....cant wait. Little nervous though as TOTM so scared it may affect my loss :cross:

good luck with weigh in !! you will still lose with TOTM as I had the same fear but it didnt affect the results come weigh in day! let me know your weight! i'm half way through re-feed week now and finding it frighfully easy lol!! not complaining. hope i can lose another 2lb then i will be happy to maintain that forever .......: ))))))):):D

Glad your enjoying refeed! I personally cant wait for that! If you dont mind me asking what have your days consisted of eating? Did your pharmacist give you a plan?

Everybody who does refeed seems to say they still lose weight that week so Im sure you'll lose the 2lbs no problem. Will that make you 9st 6lbs? I cant wait to be in the 9's. Fingers crossed it will be today!!

Only 2 weeks left after today then refeed! In an ideal world Im hoping to be 9st 3lbs when i start refeed and then lose a couple on refeed week so ill be near enough 9 for hols! but that means I need to lose 4lbs each week including today so not sure if that will happen.

So glad I sticked with it now!

Well 4th WI done and have lost 3lbs! not great as I wanted 4 to stay on track but the pharmacist said its going to slow now because im a healthy BMI and really am ready for refeed. Told her I want to go for another 2 weeks for a last push and she said she is happy for me to do so but that will be it.

At least im back in the 9's!!wooohoo not been 9 something for years and now im 9st 12!

Well done Emmielou that is brilliant oh to be in the 9's you must
feel fantastic great work see u there hopefully soon !

hey 3lb is great its pretty normal, I was always 3lb loss or just under so dont worry you will get there. The re-feed plan is on the lipotrim website but your pharmacist will give you a plan, its not set meals but tells u what foods to have and not have, ie basically high protein with shakes and gradually introduce carbs. its just nice to eat to be honest lol. feel semi normal again. I've got weigh in tomorrow so will let you know how much i lost in re-feed week, will make me 9.6 if i get 2lb off.

Back