Emotional eating...

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by tulip2, 24 May 2010 Social URL.

1. tulip2

tulip2 Member

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(21.39%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I've been on the Cambridge diet for 15 weeks now, and I have never cheated - until now! I found SS quite easy, as there were no decisions to make about food. I tried SS+ with a meal for a week and couldn't cope, so I switched to 4 packs a day.

This week I've moved up to the 810 plan, and I'm really struggling! Portion control has never been something I've done, so I keep overeating! I'm sticking to the foods I'm allowed, just having too much of them!

I know I'm an emotional eater, and life is v difficult at the moment (work is very stressful and not going well), so I know I'm using food to stop feeling so rubbish. I need to find a better way!

How have other emotional eaters gotten over their emotional eating? Any tips would be very much appreciated xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. BeckyN

BeckyN Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    15st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(7.36%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    maybe you could portion the stuff out into tuppaware first thing in the morning and then it's there ready, rather than peraphs make after a long hard day at work?

4. tulip2

tulip2 Member

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(21.39%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I'm working from home at the moment which makes things even more difficult! I have my meal at lunch time - can't wait until the evening :(

5. MrsN

MrsN Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st13lb
    Current Weight:
    17st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(3.59%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Oh hun - big hugs. I dont have any answers but just wanted to say i know how you feel. I'm an emotional eater and have no idea how to tackle it.
    Becky's idea is a good one though - portion it out in the morning and stick to that.

6. tulip2

tulip2 Member

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(21.39%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Thanks for the advice Becky and Mrs N - I'll try portioning out my meal straight after breakfast - hopefully having a full tummy will stop me being 'generous' xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.