Emotional Eating

Zion

Whether I'm happy or sad in life, food has always played a big part. I always used to turn to food for comfort.This year was different I made a conscious choice to not use food as an emotional crutch when I broke up with my partner of 10 years. I decided that if I could control nothing else in life then I would get control of my weight. The journey hasn't been easy but unlike previous attempts to diet I made sure I got back on the wagon as quickly as possible every-time I fell off.

Although I thought i was genuinely losing weight for me, I have to admit that a part of it was to look better than I have before when I next saw my ex (not to get him back exactly because he cheated on me but to reinforce the big mistake he made). Well that happened this weekend but not in the way that I hoped. To cut a long story short, I saw him walking towards me with a new girlfriend, he didn't recognize me before I managed to cross the road. I was devastated, fell off the wagon and now don't see the point of getting back on. Feeling very sad and know that eating all the things that made me fat will give me some comfort.

How do I remind myself that I did this for me and keep on going?

Exante ~ Wk 1: -5.2lbs / Wk 2: -0.4lbs {oops} / Wk 3: -2.5 (Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins)

because....firstly the guy was a loser, you don't need him to look at you and think about what he lost because YOU know he missed out. Losing the weight will make you happier and more confident, and thats for you, and as you move on from this you will see that.

I came out of an awful relationship (couldnt see it at the time) dropped two stone looked at myself in the mirror thought f*ck him, I'm fine, got on with my life and then met a wonderful man.

But it wasn't the weight that made the difference, the weight was symptomatic of my unhappiness (unfortunately it's now symptomatic of my bloody happiness...emotional eating eh). It was the confidence I felt as I started dropping the weight that helped me move past it and realising theres more out there. regardless if I had found my OH or not I was well rid of my ex and re-discovering how much I enjoyed my life.

This is so that you can get dressed in the morning and feel good about you, so you can go out there and try new thingsa and leave the past where it belongs xx

I know how miserable it can feel being where you are right now but trust me it gets better and thats down to how you feel about yourself and the importance of projecting those good feelings outwards. Leave the past in the past and look forward to better things that you know will come your way xx

you've lost loads of weight already and are doing so well, he buggered things up for you already don't let him do it again xxx

Thank you so much for your reply Charan, so many people have got though this so I just need to believe that eventually I will too. It's so hard but I know your right deep down because your response literally brought tears to my eyes. Right now its just difficult to see the wood for the trees, I need to focus on the bigger picture and the positives. One of them being that as of this morning I've lost 35.4 lbs and I'm 13.7 lbs away from goal. Your right, I can't let him ruin that for me too.

Exante ~ Wk 1: -5.2lbs / Wk 2: -0.4lbs / Wk 3: -2.5(Sent from my iPhone)

sorry! didnt mean to make you teary x :bighug: loadsa hugs and start feeling good about yourself....thats an order x

Take it as a good sign he didn't recognise you! That means you have changed dramatically and all for you!! I bet you are looking fab after losing all that weight and if you start eating and give up because of that idiot you will feel even worse than you do now.

Once you get to target spoil yourself with everything non foody to get your self confidence back on track and when the time is right for you, you will meet a wonderful man who will be worthy of you - keep your chin up girl, no man is worth being upset over for too long!

*lots of hugs for you*

Charan said:
sorry! didnt mean to make you teary x :bighug: loadsa hugs and start feeling good about yourself....thats an order x

No it's fine, I'm a bit of an emotional wreck at the moment. Yes Ma'am lol I will try.

Katt said:
Take it as a good sign he didn't recognise you! That means you have changed dramatically and all for you!! I bet you are looking fab after losing all that weight and if you start eating and give up because of that idiot you will feel even worse than you do now.

Once you get to target spoil yourself with everything non foody to get your self confidence back on track and when the time is right for you, you will meet a wonderful man who will be worthy of you - keep your chin up girl, no man is worth being upset over for too long!

*lots of hugs for you*

Thank you Katt, your right too. I'm definitely lacking self confidence at the moment. Good idea, I will need to spoil myself with some new clothes. Haven't brought anything new since I started so nothing fits.

hannata said:
I have to admit, if I was in that situation I would be annoyed! But hes a nob and you deserve someone who will love you no matter what. xx

Thanks Hannata. Yeah I know deep down that I deserve better. I just need to keep reminding myself that he's not the same person that I met 10 years ago. Not that I expected him to stay the same, no one does, but I didn't think he would turn into a rotten apple. After we broke up I did finally get angry but seeing him again with someone new just brought up all the hurt feelings again.

Hopefully I can get over this hurdle and get back on the weight-loss wagon. Been off plan for two days now.

:eek: What a t**t!

Shame on him, Bloke's never change I tell ya :eek:

It's his loss, you stay focused on what you want & your happyness :)

I have just been dumped a few week's ago & turned to food.....I am back now to lose what i can by christmas & hopefully not resort to food when im lonely :sigh:
Good luck you have done so well so far ;)
keep up the good work! x

Thanks IWDIWE! Sorry to hear of your recent break up. I struggle when I feel lonely too. Have to try and keep busy to distract me but it's not easy sometimes. Good luck on your journey.

No it's fine, I'm a bit of an emotional wreck at the moment. Yes Ma'am lol I will try.

Thank you Katt, your right too. I'm definitely lacking self confidence at the moment. Good idea, I will need to spoil myself with some new clothes. Haven't brought anything new since I started so nothing fits.

Thanks Hannata. Yeah I know deep down that I deserve better. I just need to keep reminding myself that he's not the same person that I met 10 years ago. Not that I expected him to stay the same, no one does, but I didn't think he would turn into a rotten apple. After we broke up I did finally get angry but seeing him again with someone new just brought up all the hurt feelings again.

Hopefully I can get over this hurdle and get back on the weight-loss wagon. Been off plan for two days now.

Just remember that you are a human being and those feelings are pretty normal... :) Just you get to the shops and spoil yourself on some clothes and maybe a nice new nail polish for those skinny fingers :p xxx

Do it for you....your worth it and when your not looking because your having to much fun being fabulous someone will see how fabulous you are and sweep you off your fabulous feet!!
Clare xx

Peace Dove said:
Do it for you....your worth it and when your not looking because your having to much fun being fabulous someone will see how fabulous you are and sweep you off your fabulous feet!!
Clare xx

Thank you Clare. Taking it one day at a time but have been struggling to stay on the wagon the last three weeks. I am focusing on what I want for me though so I really will keep trying to get to target. I hope what you said happens one day cause i don't want to be a lonely old spinster! ;)

(Sent from my iPhone) The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary!

Back