Emotional - I have lost a third of myself

Discussion in 'The Century Club' started by bettyboo, 13 January 2007 Social URL.

1. bettyboo

bettyboo Silver Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    I am happy but struggling a bit today after my weigh in when I realised I have lost just under a third of myself...........:eek:
    Ketosis is great, and I am so glad to be back properly in it.....I just can't believe I was ever so big......because I am still big........

Anyway.........better run. Busy day. Big family bash here tomorrow have lots of cooking to do....and then bring the kids swimming.

My little guy is starting his wheelchair basketball tomorrow morning so won't have time to be cooking then.

x

Bettyboo

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. dizzy-n-mizzy

dizzy-n-mizzy Not dieting ATM!

Diet:
    Together we lost 8 stone on CD.
    Hi Bettyboo

You are doing brilliantly!!!

This is an emotional journey from start to finish. I think the emotions are all part of us trying to understand ourselves and to prepare for our weaknesses and strengths in the future.

You are doing so well and have great spirit.

Dizzy x

4. Happe

Happe escaping the fat

Start Weight:
    23st5lb
    Current Weight:
    19st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st10.5lb(16.06%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Youve done great Bettyboo, find a way of treating yourself that doesnt involve food, you deserve it. Stay strong.

5. skinnymongoose

skinnymongoose Full Member

Diet:
    undecided
    Bettyboo, 'losing' part of yourself is quite a scary and emotional way of thinking about it, I agree. A book I read years ago (sorry can't remember title or author) talked about 'releasing weight' , as in 'letting it go', rather than losing it, which I found quite helpful. Also,we usually want to find again or get back things we've 'lost' and I don't reckon we want to do that with our weight?!

Congrats on your super 'loss'!!
    SM

6. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

It is a major realisation when that happens, but all credit to you. Enjoy your success - much more ahead mate :)

7. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(8.33%)
    I think losing weight is very emotional and scary at times:eek:

Letting go of the fat suit is hard if you have worn it for a while...

Well done Betty your doing great!

Love Mini xxx

8. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    WOW Congratulations on doing so well. it must be emotional but wonderful at the same time

Cant wait til I can say the same :)

9. flirty40greeneyes

flirty40greeneyes Busy busy busy!!

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(9.39%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
  10. cah-ching

cah-ching Gold Member

Well done! You've done really well and you should be so proud of your acheivements.

Keep up the good work.

Lots of love and hugs!

11. bettyboo

bettyboo Silver Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Thanks all. Bit of a weird but great day today.

Brought Oisín my eldest (4) to his first wheelchair basket ball session. It was brilliant. Dh jumped into a sports wheelchair (1st time ever although he is very fit because he runs) and they all zoomed around the court.

My sis is home from South Africa and I was hosting a family bash for 18 today. Buffet lunner (not lunch - not dinner) I made lasagna, beef strogonoff, chicken curry, salads, coleslaw, cheesecakes (lemon and baileys) and banoffi.........had chips and hummus and pitta bread set out. I didn't even smell the food. Served, ran after the kids, Had a ball, laughed myself sick and then dropped half a cheesecake into my neighbour late tonight. She is just home from skiing and she opened the door and it all paid off..............she said......OH MY GOD - you look amazing ..........you are a shadow of your former self........

I was thrilled, emotional and happy.........#

Thanks for all the support and encouragement on here.......it really makes a difference to have an outlet and people who are 'on the road' with you.
    There is an old gaelic saying ' goireann beirth bothár' = two shorten the journey..........

x

Bettyboo

12. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(8.33%)
    Hi Betty,

That is amazing will power to resist all those goodies and how lovely to be rewarded when you saw your friend!!!

Sometimes it can feel so long a bit of a struggle but all our efforts show, the results are amazing and in such a short time.

Well done!

I will have to avoid your post of all the scrumptious food as I am still drooling....banoffi pie.........one of my favourites.

Love Mini xxx

13. sonkie

sonkie Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    measure up
    Oh Bettyboo That is amazing you are an insperation to us all, you must be proud of yourself, well done. You will be in that size 12 suit before you know it.

14. Karen

Karen Serial Foodie!

Start Weight:
    19st7lb
    Current Weight:
    18st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(6.96%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    u have achieved so much and im so pleased for you. no wonder u feel emotional about it but u have a gang of people who are in awe and admiration too.

it may feel odd to start looking at urself and evaluating everything thats past and future but u are a lovely lady and deserve to do so well, even if it does mean needing to adjust.

well done for becoming a lesser size but no lesser a woman xxxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.