Emotional - I have lost a third of myself

bettyboo

Silver Member
I am happy but struggling a bit today after my weigh in when I realised I have lost just under a third of myself...........:eek:
Ketosis is great, and I am so glad to be back properly in it.....I just can't believe I was ever so big......because I am still big........

Anyway.........better run. Busy day. Big family bash here tomorrow have lots of cooking to do....and then bring the kids swimming.

My little guy is starting his wheelchair basketball tomorrow morning so won't have time to be cooking then.

x

Bettyboo

Hi Bettyboo

You are doing brilliantly!!!

This is an emotional journey from start to finish. I think the emotions are all part of us trying to understand ourselves and to prepare for our weaknesses and strengths in the future.

You are doing so well and have great spirit.

Dizzy x

Youve done great Bettyboo, find a way of treating yourself that doesnt involve food, you deserve it. Stay strong.

Bettyboo, 'losing' part of yourself is quite a scary and emotional way of thinking about it, I agree. A book I read years ago (sorry can't remember title or author) talked about 'releasing weight' , as in 'letting it go', rather than losing it, which I found quite helpful. Also,we usually want to find again or get back things we've 'lost' and I don't reckon we want to do that with our weight?!

Congrats on your super 'loss'!!
SM

I think losing weight is very emotional and scary at times:eek:

Letting go of the fat suit is hard if you have worn it for a while...

Well done Betty your doing great!

Love Mini xxx

WOW Congratulations on doing so well. it must be emotional but wonderful at the same time

Cant wait til I can say the same :)

I am happy but struggling a bit today after my weigh in when I realised I have lost just under a third of myself...........:eek:
Ketosis is great, and I am so glad to be back properly in it.....I just can't believe I was ever so big......because I am still big........

Anyway.........better run. Busy day. Big family bash here tomorrow have lots of cooking to do....and then bring the kids swimming.

My little guy is starting his wheelchair basketball tomorrow morning so won't have time to be cooking then.

x

Bettyboo

Well done! You've done really well and you should be so proud of your acheivements.

Keep up the good work.

Lots of love and hugs!

Thanks all. Bit of a weird but great day today.

Brought Oisín my eldest (4) to his first wheelchair basket ball session. It was brilliant. Dh jumped into a sports wheelchair (1st time ever although he is very fit because he runs) and they all zoomed around the court.

My sis is home from South Africa and I was hosting a family bash for 18 today. Buffet lunner (not lunch - not dinner) I made lasagna, beef strogonoff, chicken curry, salads, coleslaw, cheesecakes (lemon and baileys) and banoffi.........had chips and hummus and pitta bread set out. I didn't even smell the food. Served, ran after the kids, Had a ball, laughed myself sick and then dropped half a cheesecake into my neighbour late tonight. She is just home from skiing and she opened the door and it all paid off..............she said......OH MY GOD - you look amazing ..........you are a shadow of your former self........

I was thrilled, emotional and happy.........#

Thanks for all the support and encouragement on here.......it really makes a difference to have an outlet and people who are 'on the road' with you.
There is an old gaelic saying ' goireann beirth bothár' = two shorten the journey..........

x

Bettyboo

Hi Betty,

That is amazing will power to resist all those goodies and how lovely to be rewarded when you saw your friend!!!

Sometimes it can feel so long a bit of a struggle but all our efforts show, the results are amazing and in such a short time.

Well done!

I will have to avoid your post of all the scrumptious food as I am still drooling....banoffi pie.........one of my favourites.

Love Mini xxx

Oh Bettyboo That is amazing you are an insperation to us all, you must be proud of yourself, well done. You will be in that size 12 suit before you know it.

u have achieved so much and im so pleased for you. no wonder u feel emotional about it but u have a gang of people who are in awe and admiration too.

it may feel odd to start looking at urself and evaluating everything thats past and future but u are a lovely lady and deserve to do so well, even if it does mean needing to adjust.

well done for becoming a lesser size but no lesser a woman xxxx

Back