Emotional melt down.

Yeye

Silver Member
I'm really battling here, in recent weeks I've had a lot to deal with, the "in a nut shell" version is; major changes at work, mortgage application and pending move and the rapid illness and subsequent death of my uncle (Tuesday gone)! So sad, hence, comfort eating and drinking Rose/larger to relax of an evening, gained 8lbs after maintaining a 5 1/2 St loss on LT for 3 months. :-( I'm already 7 lbs down 5 days in. Thing is my resolve is weak, I want a glass of wine! However I am determined to TS 100% for at least a week, hopefully more. My heads fooked at the mo :-( Sorry for the rant x

I'm sorry you have had a tough time. hugs for you.

Its a good sign that you posted on here to acknowledge your craving rather than diving straight into what you want.

Don't keep your feelings to yourself, let them out, get the emotional support you need to help you in this tough time x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanx jenjen x

You are amongst friends here. Life challenges the best of us then stuff like the week you have had happens.

Just stick it out hon - sadly you won't feel any better if you cave in but sometimes it's easier said than done. HUGS x x

Thank you Bobbi x

Yeye, your resolve is really being tested here. But please please hold on to your goal of where you want to be. Have you used food in the past to 'make you feel better' (I know I did). Perhaps you might think of something else to be comforting at this time. A walk by a lake, listening to some relaxing music, finding a special friend to talk to. I have also found that doing something nice for someone else can make me feel good. (Funny how that is, but it's true) I sincerely hope you can get through all of this without giving up because it seems too hard ... be kind to yourself. If you need a buddy, please message me xx

I'm really battling here, in recent weeks I've had a lot to deal with, the "in a nut shell" version is; major changes at work, mortgage application and pending move and the rapid illness and subsequent death of my uncle (Tuesday gone)! So sad, hence, comfort eating and drinking Rose/larger to relax of an evening, gained 8lbs after maintaining a 5 1/2 St loss on LT for 3 months. :-( I'm already 7 lbs down 5 days in. Thing is my resolve is weak, I want a glass of wine! However I am determined to TS 100% for at least a week, hopefully more. My heads fooked at the mo :-( Sorry for the rant x

This is tough, and I am sorry for you - when life gets sh** it sometimes helps to get control of something - anything. So if you get back on TS that's one bit of your life that will very quickly get better. The wine will not help long term but its an amazing quick fix. You are only human after all.
Grief and loss is probably the most difficult human emotion for us to cope with, its not surprising that you try to find a way of making the pain go away. Comfort eating is a well learnt path we have all followed, but the new way (TS) does not produce instant results but as you have seen its pretty quick. I hope life settles down soon and you can look forward to a new home and new you. Good luck.
GSQ

I am so sorry for your loss.

I have had one hell of a week this week, on my first week back as well, but it has really helped me being in control of just one thing that is within my power! As GSQ has said, being in control of one thing, and I feel it has helped me keep emotionally stronger too, which was really needed of me this week.

My advice is, try and stay strong, it will really make you feel better within yourself xx

Thank you sooooooo much, just weighed in after one week, 11lbs off :)
I'm going to start refeed today I think? The diet hasn't helped my already suffering mood at the moment. I love VLCD's, it has helped me nip bad behaviour in the bud. I will b back to pursue a further loss but for now the time's just not right.
Good luck to everyone, onwards and downwards :) xxx And thank you all for ur kind and supportive words xxx

Yeye maybe keep trying a day at a time ? It would be such a shame to give up now when you coped last week . I
Know how hard it is when you are down and unwell but We all know that eating and drinking actually make it worse (especially the drinking ! ) . Just take it one hour at a time and have extra packs or healthy nibbles if desperate . While not condoning drinking on a VLCD and in ketosis if desperate sip a teeny glass . I can guarantee you won't enjoy it but you will feel better in a week knowing you continued the diet .., or mix up some WS days with TS . Whatever works ! You can do it ! X

Back