Emotional

Hi Lynn

Bless ya. Had a right wobble you - but you did no harm, so pat yourself on tha back. I wondered how it would be for you seeing your hubby losing large amounts, as men do, and could only imagine that would get a bit tough to take - though its no fault of his or yours - its just men lose faster....but when its in your face every week it must be hard for you. BUt your time is coming. It took about a month to a month and a half before my clothes started to change. As said - this does take paitence. WHile it is one of the fastest diets around - its not magic - we still gotta wait and put in the graff.

But use that time wisely, and start focusing on things you want to change. You rattled off a lot of negative stuff about yourself - and I dont know you - but you do not strike me as being a failure at anything.

Practice speaking up and asking for what you need from your LLC and the other ladies. If they don;t talk - BUTT IN - lol - make yourself known. THey are all nervous, like you. Its all very very early days - and the group will meld - and at the end you will all care a lot about each other.

Hang in there kiddo. Today is a new day and sounds like you are siezing it with a good attitude.

Don't be so hard on yourself too- you are not a failure. Perhaps things did not turn out for you as you imagined and you have a lot of dissappointment but if you were a failure, you would not be here now, doing something about something that cuases you unhappiness... forget about the other diets. Focus on now. This WILL change you and your life. If you let it.

Hang in there Mrs. In mere months, you are going to correct YEARS of damage and heartache. A mere blink of an eye.

It does get easier. Promise. :)

XX

Well done on not eating last night. It's really not worth it for the guilt you'll feel if you do go off track. If you tell yourself you're rubbish at everything then inevitably you will be. Hopefully you LL sessions will help you to deal with your negative thoughts and turn them into something positive.

I have three people in my group whose OHs have done/are doing the diet too and the men lost the weight much quicker so try not to compare with someone else. Even the other women in your group. This is your diet. You've taken a really positive step to start it and it's not a competition!

I've had rubbish weeks along the way and hardly lost anything, even put weight on sometimes! But I've stuck to the diet and look at my ticker- it works!

I know it's hard but try not to be afraid to talk to people in your group. They're there cos they feel just as rubbish about themselves as you do. Just go in next week and say 'sorry, I'm rubbish with names, remind me who you are again' or something equally non descriptive and a conversation will get going easily.

If you want this to happen it will. You won't fail. If you start to think negative it goes in a downward spiral. Turn it round and say 'yes, but I'll be the size I want to be in no time'.

It feels like forever at the beginning. I remember our LLC reading out a card someone had sent her on the one year anniversary of starting LL and she'd lost 12 stone. I never believed I would ever be writing a card like that. But when the time comes in April next year, I'll be writing a card too to say I can't believe I'm at my goal weight and am maintaining it.

I never thought this could be me but it is and it's wonderful. And you'll feel the same too. Just give it time. It's not going to happen in three weeks!

take care and stick at it. You WILL do this and you'll be so proud of yourself when you do xx

dear lynn, please don't look at your husband's customers wife. this is your journet, you need to make it yours, after all you are paying £66 per week to do this. change your confessions and say that 'this will be the first thing that you do in your life that is successful, and you will complete ll and be slim' love and hugs xx

Do you think there is an element of responsibility evasion going on when you ask your OH to bring you food? As you said, you could very easily go out yourself for it but instead ask him to bring it to you.

Just a thought.

I got my book on week 2 I think! I'm sure as the weeks go on, especially if new people are starting, you will find people to talk to and the group will all bond together a bit more. Your LLC should be trying to "mingle" everyone in together over the first few weeks anyway!

Stick with it hun, and don't compare yourself to the hubby. We women are not built to lose 3 stone in 8 weeks like them!! Gits!!!

B x

I cant thankyou all enough for all of your support! Especially my man, who has really stuck to his guns and says NOOOOOO.
I am so happy to have a husband who is so supportive and is thinking of me.;)
xxxxxxxx

Aww Lynn. I can imagine what a battle your having at the moment thinking oh ive only lost 6.5 lbs in two weeks and your OH is at the 2 stone mark. It must be a struggle to keep the motivation going when your not seeing big losses. However you wont see any loss if you give up. Dont let yourself get into a battle, celebrate your on the road to a slimmer self and it will have its ups and downs but you will get to your goal. You need to be patient. I know that I would be the same as you but you just have to stop yourself going there.

As for the meetings make a BIG effort to join in the conversation, sit in a seat which means you will beside someone, I sometimes make sure I sit on the second to last seat so there will be one person beside me so I have to chat to them. Dont compete with your OH men are sods the weight just drops of them. Be happy with yourself for turning your life around already!

Also I am one of the lightest in our group and one girl said to me - why are you here surly you dont have much to lose? I just said that I wouldn't be allowed to this if I was healthy I am obese and I like her want to change it. She has been really nice ever since.

Im in a much positive mood today. I will stick to this 100%. I had a bit of a downfall yesterday. But it was not major. Today is a new day and i am now taking it step by step. My mum visited me today and commented that i have lost weight since she see me last. So you know how that made me feel way over the moon.
Today im going round shops to put my advertising cards in the windows to get myself some children to childmind...i think this has had a down effect on me as i had 4 children now im down to 1. I am putting myself on some courses not only for the qualifications but to get a socially connected to people. I have kinda dug myself a hole for a long time, i dont really have any friends, only ones that i say hi and bye. Maybe this LL will change my whole outlook on life once and for all. Its stupid me and oh go out and i get jealous streak that he is eyeing up other women and they are doing the same...Yeh he is sexy , and women must find him attractive, but like he says he would do nothing to hurt me.

Back