employment question.

paul1978

DO NOT QUIT !
Hi
This question may have an obvious answer but I want to get other people's opinions. I ideally need a full-time job to be able to pay bills and mortgage. Around a month ago, I quit my part-time job as it was giving me mini-panic attacks each morning, although I keep thinking "what if they go after some time. See, I get these when Im nervous about new experiences." I got these panic attacks because I had previously been unemployed for 16 months after being made redundant. Anyway, like I said, I quit about a month ago coz of the panic attacks but I really liked the job, just the manager was getting on my back every day because the things I was doing wasnt done her way (even though the result was the same.) Anyway, I am finding it next to impossible to find another job and I am drowning in debt and bills that I now cannot pay, with the threat of eviction in the not too-distant future as we cant pay the mortgage. I have been having lots of thoughts lately about e-mailing my former employers and asking for my job back, but I dont know if I should or not. In one way Im thinking, well if they say 'no' Im no worse off than I am now so Im not really losing anything. But then I think, maybe I shouldnt because if my panic attacks start again I will be back in the same old boat (although I will then have a wage and should be able to pay the mortgage. I am confused about all this and dont know what to do. I want to hear your opinions.

Have you seen your doctor Paul ?
I'd go see your Doctor first .
Also I know theres little help with mortage only the interest will be paid leaving the capital . but first you would need to be on a benefit .
Also if your boss was on your back she can be done for bullying .

My brother suffered from panic attacks for a while in open busy places. It was very out of the ordinary for him as he's a very outgoing gregarious person. The GP referred him to a counsellor who he saw a few times & stopped having them. Talking through it with a stranger seemed to work, they don't judge/have opinions/know anyone you know etc... It may not be the answer for you but definitely see your GP. Best of luck :)

Personally I wouldn't email old employers asking for your job back, if you had panic attacks before in their employment why do you think they'll have stopped now.

When applying for jobs be as honest as possible, let potential employers know about your old boss, there is no need to mention about the panic attacks.

Contact your lenders, let them know you are having problems they maybe able to help.

Back