Em's weight loss journey 2014 - Caribbean Countdown!

You are doing so well, keep it up.

Thank you :)

The scales now start with a 14! OMG! I havent seen that in a LONG time. Lost 3lbs this week, so I have now lost 1 stone in 3 weeks. Cant believe I've lost a stone! One down, 5 to go, eek. But it feels achievable, I hope. Just got a months worth of packs delivered. I told myself I was only going to get 2 weeks at a time, but it saved money buy 4 weeks so went with that. And I feel like I can keep it going for another month at least. I mean I want to be able to keep going until I reach my goal weight, but I don't want to put too much pressure on myself because I think that's one of the reasons I fail sometimes. But I am feeling positive.

Been feeling hungry again these last few days and some heartburn but I just keep thinking about reaching my target and that helps keep my focused.

Congratulations on the stone! I have been looking at slim and save as an option in the future because I have read that the food packs are better and there is more choice, your run down on the products was really helpful. Looking forward to reading how you get on :)

Thank you Clinquant and Phoenix :) I have to say I love the food packs that SnS do, there is so much variety. And even though I now only have a small-ish selection of my favourite packs, I would say it is definitely worth trying as many different things as you can initially because everyone's tastes are different. The taster pack was excellent for this.

A bit late posting this, but Week 4 done and I lost 2lbs this week. I'm not over the moon about it as it is less, but I am still happy that it is a loss and I think it has motivated me to keep going and work for a bigger loss next week.

Yesterday was one of the toughest days I think I have had to face so far during this diet. It was my friends birthday at work and my colleague bought Chocolate croissants for breakfast, cream eclairs and Lindor chocolates for her!! ARGH!!!! And then, my boss bought pizzas for everyone for lunch!!!!!!! 4 large Dominos pizzas, garlic bread and potato wedges. It was absolute torture, even just the smell. I wasn't tempted to eat any of it because I know how horrendous I would have felt if I did, and it would not have been worth it. So I was sat there, with my water, just thinking in a few months time I will be able to enjoy these things once I am at my goal weight, and I feel like I will be able to enjoy a couple of slices rather than a whole pizza like I used to! Luckily my colleagues are all really supportive of me on the diet and so they didn't offer me anything, which was a great help. Because usually if someone offers me something I would be like 'Well it would be rude to say no' lol.

But yea, apart from that torturous day lol, I still feel really in the zone and motivated to carry on which is promising. The diet is starting to feel like normal routine.

Very well done. I had so many days like that and it almost had me in tears sometimes but resistance is so worth it. I was really good about telling my colleagues I wanted their support as well but I also think they can see if you are determined. If you were to have just one thing they would then probably press you to have more. So you should give yourself a lot of credit. Those days are the difference between saying ' I did very well and then lost a couple of stone then I couldn't quite get back on it' and actually finishing the job.

Week 5 weigh in and I lost 3lbs. I'm ok with that, kinda hoped for a little bit more because last weeks loss was low. A little bit down about it though because if I add up the last 4 weeks I lost 11lbs, and I am ideally aiming for 1 stone a month. Oh well. I think this seems to be the way things go for me, I know I shouldn't compare my losses to anyone else, but when I do these diets my losses do seem to be lower than average which is frustrating when I stick to it 110%. I know the weight is coming off and I am so so happy about that, but with lower losses my target of reaching 10 stone for the cruise in March is slowly slipping out of reach. Silly me thought I had left plenty of time!

I'm not going to give up, going to keep going, but just feeling a little frustrated and down in the dumps about it today. :sigh:

Hey Emily, you should be proud that no matter how frustrated and down you feel you're determined to not give up! I have done diets like this before and when I have been disappointed I have convinced myself that I could be losing more on a different diet etc and given up.. only to regret it afterwards.

It is really difficult to not compare your losses to other people when it seems to come off everyone differently, even if they are the same height or start weight etc. Definitely stick at it though and you may find that next week more than makes up for it. From looking at other people's losses the first 4 weeks vary so dramatically, but the average seems to even out after that. Your Weeks 5 - 8 could very well be the stone you're aiming for :)

Maybe try and increase your water intake this week? I don't know about you but as I get into things this is one of the first things I get complacent with. And don't for a second forget how much you have achieved so far.. sometimes we focus so much on going forward we don't appreciate what we have done already. You are almost a stone and a half lighter than you were 5 weeks ago.. that's brilliant!

Thank you for the words of encouragement Phoenix :) How are you getting on with your diet? Drinking enough water is something I am always conscious of, think that was where I went wrong in the past, and I agree it is quite easy to get complacent with it. When I'm at work it is usually pretty easy for me to drink enough because it is sat there on my desk in front of me and so I just keep chugging on it. Days off at home it is a little harder, but so far I've been managing to keep on top of it most days. I seem to be waking up half way through the night every night needing the toilet which doesn't help with feeling tired! lol.

So week 6 weigh in and I lost.........3lbs! Again! Anyone noticing a pattern? Maybe my scales only work in max 3lb increments, lol. I reached a milestone, I am 1 quarter of my way to my goal weight. Quite pleased with that. :) Although still such a long way to go, eek! I get the feeling I'm not going to get that 'whoosh' of weight loss that people talk about. Think my body has a limit of 3lbs a week, which would be 12lbs a month which is ok I suppose. Not quite 1 stone a month, but fairly close and definitely better than nothing!

Warning of TMI here, but I have been on my TOTM now for about 2 weeks which is really really frustrating, and I do wonder if this is affecting my losses because I just feel so bloated and tired and horrible the whole time. I don't normally have TOTM because I am on the pill so this really sucks. I think I've seen that this is fairly common on VLCD's, and it was one of the reasons I gave up when I did Cambridge last year. I just really really hope that it stops because I really don't know if I can carry on for another 5 months or so with it constantly! That would be hell. :sigh:

On to week 7!! :)

I've found the last day or so really tough. I've just been feeling awful and so close to giving up. I had a migraine yesterday and that always makes me feel horrendous because I get them really bad, but even before that I was just feeling so weak, achey and tired. My husband thinks maybe my body has had enough of this diet, but I don't want to believe that. I'm only on week 7 and people do it a lot longer than that, so that can't be the case can it? I don't know, maybe its just a bad phase, but I just have no energy for anything and my head feels stuffy all the time. I'm having my 4 packs a day plus veg for dinner and at least 4L of water every day. So I don't think I can do any more or that I'm doing anything wrong. I'm staying strong for now, but I don't know how long it will last if I continue to feel like this.

Just feeling really down about it all right now, and the thought of having to give up makes me want to cry because I want to lose this weight so so badly :(:(:(:(

Oh sweetie, sometimes other factors like a cold which never fully develops or hormones (which have a lot to answer for!) can make us feel run down, achy and generally crap. Ketosis has its highs and lows too. I remember my mood swings were all over the place.
But seven weeks is such a great achievement so please stay strong. Weight is so hard to lose and so easy to gain. Persevere and this yucky phase will soon pass to reveal a nice weight loss on the scales and hopefully another boost in your mind to keep you going.
You're doing amazing - it's a very hard diet and each day (hell, each flippin' hour) you get through is another step closer to goal. It's totally worth it in the end and remember you CAN do this - you already are!
I hope your nasty migraine passes without any after effects. They are horrid things.
Big hugs xxxxx

Hiya,im starting s&s tomorrow,i too have been married 10 years next year and am also going on a cruise lol,but mine is in January,im hoping to lose at least 3 stone by then!! so will be following your journey for encouragement x

Hey, you have done brilliantly so far! Sorry to hear you're not feeling very well :( There must be something in the air at the moment because I have been struggling the past day or two too.. although I am only just starting week 4, lol.

You could try 3 packs and a meal for a day or two? You'll still have that control and be on plan with working towards your goal, but sometimes eating helps psychologically? Also with TOTM lasting as long as it did for you that could be having a knock on affect too. It may just be a blip and a knock on from the migraine.

Not much help I know, sorry. But I really do hope it passes and you feel much better soon!

Thank you so much everyone for your kind words of support and encouragement. I haven't been on here much because I was feeling so rubbish and I've just been flat out with work. The weekend wasn't great and my migraine too a little while to get over, but thankfully I am feeling more back to normal now. In the past I would have used that as an excuse to just comfort myself with any food I could get my hands on. I would go to the supermarket after work and buy crisps, chocolate, cakes, sweets, biscuits, fizzy drinks etc etc and probably get a takeaway for dinner because I was 'too tired' to cook anything. But I am proud to say that I still stuck to the diet 100% throughout the last week. I think what keeps me on track is that fact that I know I would feel horrible if I ate anything naughty and having to get back into ketosis would not be much fun. It's funny because my colleague at work is really supportive of me doing this diet (she has done Cambridge before) and every Monday in work she asks me 'How was your weekend? Did you manage to stick to the diet?' and I'm like "Ummm yeah, of course" because although I have bad days and I dream about being able to eat whatever food, I don't think I am ever really that badly tempted to eat anything I shouldn't. I'm not fighting and battling cravings all the time. In my mind, I HAVE to stick to this diet, its this or nothing, and I will not be able to achieve what I want to without this diet. I can honestly hand on heart say that the only thing that has passed my lips for the last 7 weeks has been my packs, water and tea. And I think that is what makes sticking to this diet so much easier. I don't think I could do it half heartedly.

So week 7 weigh in, and any guesses on how much I lost?? Yep, 3lbs again lol. I'm happy with that, the weigh is certainly coming off at least. :D Got my delivery of another months worth of packs, so all ready and prepared to keep going. Loving the recent offer on the website at the moment of extra free packs, which is great. They had some new flavours out when I ordered. Chocolate Caramel and Chocolate Hazelnut. So I thought, well I love the Chocolate shake (its now the only one I have) so why not give them a go. I just ordered one of each to try and well....for me not great. That was literally what I did, one sip of each and nope, no way the whole thing was going down. Think I'm just gonna stick to the plain old Chocolate lol, which is probably a bit boring but I really enjoy them.

The only thing I am a little confused and a tad disappointed by this week is that I haven't lost a dress size yet. :confused: I've lost almost 2 stone and my current clothes feel lose. So I dug out my old pair of work trousers that I was wearing before I had to buy the next size up which I am currently wearing, and they still don't fit yet. When I reach my goal of 10stone I should be around about a size 10/12 (from past experience), and I am currently in a size 20. So that means I need to drop 4/5 dress sizes, and I'm almost 1/3 of the way there and haven't lost one yet! :confused: It confuddles me to be honest. But I know it will happen eventually, it has to!

My goal for this coming week is to break into the 13s and to have lost 2stone! Wowzers, haven't been there in a looooong time! So for that I need to lose at least 3lbs this week. I'm thinking I might try going full Simplicity and see what happens. I've been adding 200g of veg to my evening meal, but gonna have a go at just the 4 packs and see how it is. It might make no difference at all to my loss or it might boost it a bit, we will see. Just hope it doesn't have a negative effect and make me lose less, but logically it shouldn't *touch wood*.

Anyways, enough waffling, here is to another successful 100% SnS week! :D

Woo you certainly sound like the dark cloud is lifting and feeling more positive again.

You are very right - it's all too easy to wallow in our moods and use it as an excuse to eat. well done for over coming that feeling as it is a dangerous one and is really good for future maintenance.

Keep going - 3lbs a week is amazing and consistent and certainly not something you'd get from any other diet. :)

Nice to have a supportive work colleague too.

Xx

Week 8 weigh in.....lost 3lbs! Shock horror lol! So I am now in the 13s, woop woop!! I thought I would be a little more excited about seeing 13 on the scales but I am definitely still happy about it. 1/3 of the way there as well, with 2 stone gone, 4 to go. One thing I do hate about entering a new stone bracket is that it is such a long way until the next one lol. But I will keep plodding on. Still have good days and bad days, but giving up rarely crosses my mind.

I'm now just thinking about how much I can lose by Christmas, which is 11 weeks away! Eek!! I am hoping that I can get to about 11st 7lbs for Xmas, which would be amazing.

One thing I am worried about is week 13 though. Is this the week where you have to introduce food for a week? Has anyone done this and have any advice? I'm not sure if I can deal with having a week where I STS or even gain. :(

Hi hun - well done on the new stone bracket. Brilliant! The week refeed will be ok if you stick to the book and take it as gospel. There's a chance you may gain a tiny bit or STS but the plan is actually still very low carb and cals - it's just introducing a bit more than what you're on at the moment.
I sadly threw the rule book out the window and went eating mad for seven days and that was definitely not the way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's not a week 'off' which is what I kinda had in my head - you're still following the plan but just adding some slight adaptations for a week. You'll be back in your comfort zone in no time.

It's great to have a christmas weight in mind to aim for! Just think of a nice new outfit to wear or ask for vouchers so you can hit the sales in all the nice shops!!

:)

Xx

Week 9 weigh in....lost 1lb.....not really sure what to say....feeling very down about it right now.

Back