Encouragement needed

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by ncassidy80, 22 April 2011 Social URL.

1. ncassidy80

ncassidy80 Full Member

How things can change in the space of a few hours. This morning I was on a high after losing 10lbs at first weigh in and now I feel terrible.

To cut a long story short, I ended up being punched in the face (jaw) today and it's hurting like mad. Because it's obviously quite an emotional thing, I just want to eat to make self feel better (the fact I can't chew is probably only thing stopping me to be honest). I need some support if anyone is out there at the min

Thanks x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. cherylxx

cherylxx Silver Member

Diet:
    CD sole source
    omg nicola, that is absolutely awful.
    i hope this isnt still the bigots u were having problems with regarding the crash diet programme.
    ya know what, u can give in to this and eat and then later on tonight feel the full force of regretting that u allowed them to drive u to giving in.... or u can take a bath, do some pampering and look back on the day at the end of the night with well deserved pride that u fought and succeeded and that u r stronger than their will to destroy u.
    ((((((hugs)))))) hope u feel better soon.

4. ncassidy80

ncassidy80 Full Member

Thanks cheryl - no nothing to do with the program thankfully - personal life gone wrong :(

All I can think about is having some chocolate (letting it melt so obviously can't chew) but you are right, if I give in I am letting him win and I can't have that - just so difficult right now :cry: x

5. cherylxx

cherylxx Silver Member

Diet:
    CD sole source
    u have to ask urself.... will i feel better 15 minutes after i eat? if not, then its not worth it.
    i usually say to myself 'ok, i will go and have a shower, get in my pj's and paint my nails. then if i still feel like i REALLY need to eat after an hour, i will allow myself to.
    so far i have always managed to distract myself long enough for the urge to lessen in severity.
    we r here if u need to offload. dont forget that. :)

6. ncassidy80

ncassidy80 Full Member

thanks so much - think i'm going to go for a shower and go to a friends - hope that will distract me enough. Only prob is I can't tell them what has happened and with not really being able to open mouth - it might cause questions - ah well will deal with that one if it happens.

Thanks for the encouragement cheryl - just what I needed!!

7. tinkerbellsmum

tinkerbellsmum Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    healthy eating
    hun why can't you tell them what happened they are your friends they r there to support you. they are gonna ask and no aren't telling them the truth.
    i know things are probably complicated but you can't let him get away with it. no man should ever hit a woman. if it was one of your friends what would you advice they do?

8. ncassidy80

ncassidy80 Full Member

Think I'm just ashamed - never happened to me before & don't quite know how to react. Plus it friends b'day so don't wanna ruin it for this when it will keep for another day (if that makes sense).

9. tinkerbellsmum

Start Weight:
    13st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    healthy eating
    (((( ))) hun

10. ncassidy80

ncassidy80 Full Member

Thanks Michelle much needed.

Home from night out and had water and just having my last shake now - luckily is liquid as jaw just as sore and got nice bruise now to match. New day tomorrow just need to make sure in emotional state I'm in I don't turn to food when shops are open!!!

Nic x

11. cherylxx

cherylxx Silver Member

Diet:
    CD sole source
    congratulations on getting through tonight nic. :clap:
    u can do it girl.
    obviously i dont know the situation of what happened earlier but i can say ur a strong beautiful woman.... make sure u r treated respectedly.
    good luck tomorrow. hey u got through the worst of today. if u can do that, tomorrow will be a breeze :)

12. ncassidy80

ncassidy80 Full Member

Thanks cheryl - just thinking the adrenalin would have stopped tomoz and real emotions will kick in but I know I can get through it - the support on here is amazing :) thanks again x

13. tinkerbellsmum

Start Weight:
    13st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    healthy eating
    ((( ))) hun you can do this but if you need to cry do so but don't let this be about food cause it isn't its about your feelings

14. Lily

Lily Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st11.0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st10.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st7.0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(6.38%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    Hi hun

{{{hugs}}} What a horrible thing to happen. :(

Hope you're not feeling too sore today. Well done for being so strong last night x x x

15. ncassidy80

ncassidy80 Full Member

Hey guys thanks so much for messages!! Am aching like I've worked out for 10 hours today lol!! Got quite a few bruises but jaw is a lot better (as in I can open and close - still can't chew which is good thing - humours my way of coping with things if u haven't noticed!!). Still haven't cried about it and I know I should have as I normally cry at seeing an advert on tv nevermind anything meaningful :) I've stuck to diet today though - but am strangely really really hungry (stomach rumbling kind) and have had my products. Am off to a BBQ now but know I'll be fine there

Thanks again everyone for messages they really got me through last night x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.