Energy level

Klev

I was wondering, do you guys experience any energy loss?? Cause of not getting full meals etc??

im getting a sport programm by a fysio and she says i have to tune my programm down when i start my diet cause i will have a lower energy level then. And then i started to think, i also have to work, and i dont do desk work, i walk around and stand a lot.

the first week I had a lack of energy however I am now back to normal. that said I don't do any 'hard' exercise. only walking the dog and swimming :D

I found the first week very hard in energy terms. Since then, ketosis does give you a 'burst' of energy and I've been fine. however, it is noticeable that stamina suffers - I just don't have sustained energy to do anything particularly tiring for any length of time, and if I do (say, go on a long walk) then I will be SHATTERED afterwards.

HTH
Liz

In general hun, people find that ketosis (which is what occurs on VLCD and very low carb- like modifast) brings on a feeling of wellbeing and increased energy levels as a result. You know what my job is like and I'm feeling more energised than ever!

You will have to watch hi-impact/cardio exercise because of the very small limited calorie intake. It's fine I think to do some if you're doing already, but don't over do it by any means. I'm sticking to normal work routine (apart from hols!) housework and toning exercise.

Exercise buffs out there, may have a bit more to contribute on that score x

Thanks :D i'm sure my fysio will make sure i wont overdo it :)

i was just getting a bit worried about work. And indeed bubbles :p i think our work shares a lot of things, including energy needed.

I work in a shop so I'm on my feet most of the day. And I have found my energy levels are quite low. I used to walk 9 miles along the canal 2 -3 times a week. The most I can manage now is 4.5 miles, and I'm shattered afterwards.
I'm now on week 8 SS and still waiting for that 'burst' of energy the others here talk about.:sigh:

I don't have any energy on this diet & get a lot of dizzyness too. I don't do much at all, no exercise, not much housework (hubby does a lot of it) etc.
I am starting work in a couple of weeks & the job entails being out & bout most of the day. I'm worried i won't be able to cope because of the weakness & dizzyness. I drink plenty of water but that doesn't help.
I have about 3st to go til i get to goal so a long way, would love to give up but can't.
I know once i start eating i will start to feel better.

3 days i had low energy for, but now i am like the duracell bunny! Totally OTT!
I do find though that with exercise, i get tired more....done an hour bike ride with the DH today and was a little wobbly when i got off...but when your on 400 cal its not surprising! lol

Certainly not had any problems apart from that, and if your job has always been energetic (like a nurse etc) then i cant see it being any different once ketosis kicks in! Hth's :D

Back