Enjoy the journey girls

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Margery Dawe, 20 April 2010 Social URL.

1. Margery Dawe

Margery Dawe Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st12.5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6.5lb(2.92%)
    Diet:
    WW
    I borrowed an old mag from class last night and it had an article in there about positive thinking as this one struck a cord with me.

I am sure I'm not the only one who says 'I'll be happy when I'm thin, I just need to get through the next few months and all will be fine'!

Well, in the mag they were saying that we need to 'enjoy the journey' because if we don't, how are we going to stay motivated if we think we are only going to be happy when we reach target. SO TRUE!

So, from today on, I am going to be happy about my journey and enjoy all the little things that happen along the way and when I do eventually get to target, it will just be the icing on the cake and not the be all and end all.

*Emsie* and cocktailprincess like this.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. sparkylarky

sparkylarky Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st4lb
    Current Weight:
    9st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(9.72%)
    Diet:
    sw
    Enjoy the journey, you may stop along the way to look at the view, but as long as we get there in the end that's all that matters, even if it takes us longer than we expected.

4. cocktailprincess

cocktailprincess Still rockin' it

Start Weight:
    18st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st13lb
    Lost(%):
    8st1lb(42.64%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World - On-line member
    What a brilliant sentiment- especially for those of us on the scenic route!!!!

I always think this about Christmas- that it isn't so much the day itself that is fantastic, but the season and the build-up that I love so much. I have never really thought of weight-loss in this way before, but will defo do that from now on.

Thank you so much for posting this
    xxxxxx

5. jenna 25

jenna 25 Member

I might have a dig under my bed i have got loads of s/w mags as that is my fav read before i go to bed

6. *Emsie*

*Emsie* Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World from home
    Good thinking!! I am rewarding myself along the way, buying new clothes I look good in now and have lovely painted toes at the mo, treated myself to a pedicure this afternoon...because I'm worth it :p
    Hopefully the scales will reward me this evening too! he he

7. Donnie46

Donnie46 Slow but sure....

Start Weight:
    22st0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(11.36%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - Green Days only.
    Well done, thank you for posting.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.