Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Enough Fannying Around

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by lemma1968, 5 January 2010 Social URL.

1. lemma1968

lemma1968 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    12st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st1lb(14.5%)
    Diet:
    WW Online -propoints
    I am sooooo cross with myself. I have been fannying around with this plan for the last week after the xmas blip and have not yet managed to stay on plan for single day.

What is going on in my head? :confused:

I look like i have been inflated - puffy face, stomach, ribs etc, my clothes are tighter and i still fancy a nibble of something off plan. Had i managed to get to work today I would have been away from temptation, but stuck at home and bored and now wanting....well anything frankly i should not have.

I am supposed to have my WI tonight. Cant get there at the mo. Spoke with my SWC and she says everyone is struggling at the moment, even her. She has also gained over xmas.

OK. HEAD IN GEAR!!!!!!!!!! :cool:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. charlottegrace1

charlottegrace1 Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Diet:
    SW
    At least posting on here is keeping you out of the fridge, its a horrid time of year though and I think most people have found it a bit of a struggle to get back on plan. Stick with it and it will all fall into place. Good luck.

4. jacz

jacz Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hun, I have been fannying around for 6 months trying to get back on plan properly :(

5. Purple_Star

Purple_Star Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st3lb(36.07%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    You will do it!!! Why not have a wee look at the thread of before and after photos in the successstories bit - thats bound to get you motivated!!!!

6. GracieMai

GracieMai Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st8.5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7.5lb(4.62%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Me too, I've been fannying around since May! New year, new start though. First weigh in of the year is tomorrow I expect a gain which is fine, but the holidays are over and it's time to get back on track!!

We can do it!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

7. JestersTear

JestersTear Cute, but psycho!

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I gained 7lbs between 23rd and 30th Dec, and I suspect I've gained more in the week that followed. I have my WI again tomorrow and, as I've failed to stick to plan at all, so far, this week, I'm hoping that the C will give us a good talking to tomorrow and that I'll be back on plan on Thursday morning.
    Currently I feel like I'm putting ALL the weight back on again.

8. minn_82

minn_82 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    STOP!

Stop and think before you eat anything thats not on plan - ask yourself is it really worth it! I know I managed to not eat some left over Stollen last night by doing that.

You know you can do this hun, you have the willpower. Back to basics is what a lot of us is doing, diary's, weighing etc. Rest assured youre not the only one who has been struggling but now you must get your focus back, maybe gain some inspiration from the before/after pics thread and hows about making a list of reasons to remind you why youre doing this - pin it to your fridge even?!

This is a journey, of which these last few weeks have been a part of, but remember its just a very SMALL part of the journey, youre not lost hun you have merely taken the wrong turn so double back on yourself and you will be back on track.

Please remember youre not alone, were all on a journey somewhere, so just set small mini goals and you will be back on plan 100% in no time. xxx

frugal fifer likes this.
  9. Donnie46

Donnie46 Slow but sure....

Start Weight:
    22st0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(11.36%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - Green Days only.
    Good luck to all of you.

10. Chubby-Chels

Chubby-Chels Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Chin Up... Don't think about what has happened.. or what you have eaten.. Start a fresh.. stick to it! Otherwise another stone later you will be even more unhappy! No excuses.. get organised! Do a shop.. plan your meals and write it all down! =] Good Luck xx

11. franbob

franbob Full Member

Diet:
    SLIMMING WORLD
    try and think of something exciting to give you motivation. maybe spend a little more money for food choices or take up something to make u more happy about yourself, perhaps a new sport or hairdo or give in for the rest of the week and say that is it.. new start next week

12. Chubby-Chels

Chubby-Chels Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Not a good Idea to start next week... its like a smoker saying they will stop smoking monday.... they never do! Just DO IT! Tomorrow.. go shopping and spend the day planning your week... this time next week you will already be 1 week in and a LOT happier xx

13. franbob

franbob Full Member

Diet:
    SLIMMING WORLD
    ah good point there!!

14. Chubby-Chels

Chubby-Chels Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Wasn't having a go franbob.. just think this time next week they will be in the same boat if they have the week off... wheras if they start fresh tomorrow morning they will be well on there way :D:D xx

15. franbob

franbob Full Member

Diet:
    SLIMMING WORLD
    oh yeah i knw!! dont be silly xx

16. JestersTear

JestersTear Cute, but psycho!

Diet:
    Slimming World
    It's having weeks off that's been the problem lol
    I've given myself a starting time/date now (it was Monday 4th but that didn't happen) so now it's the morning after my weigh in..

17. Meli

Meli Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st11.6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I got a call from my Consultant and she said to just bin all the Xmas sweets or give all the temptations I have lying around in the house to finally get back on the plan 100%. That may help...and keep drinking water :)

18. Lonestitcher

Lonestitcher Silver Member

To all those who are struggling to get back on track..........

Don't try to be one week on plan. Don't even try to be one day on plan. Just achieve one meal on plan. Once you have done that, you will be so proud of yourselves. Then the next thing will be one more meal on plan, and so on....Soon you will have been one day and then one week on plan. Before you know it, another WI will have come around and then your losses will spur you on. ;)

Just think about what you have achieved so far!!!

DON'T START TOMORROW!!!!! Start with your next meal.

I have faith in you all that soon you will be back on track, boasting of your fab losses!!!!

19. Delia

Delia Member

Start Weight:
    14st2lb
    Current Weight:
    14st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1.01%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Just do as I did and take inspiration from looking at all the amazing losses posted on here! We can do it!:)

Last edited: 6 January 2010
  20. marmaduke

marmaduke Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I struggled to get back on plan after nearly 2 weeks off at xmas and I found that writing my food diary on here really helped, so why not give that a go if you aren't already. Good luck to everyone x

21. Chubby-Chels

Chubby-Chels Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I try and keep a food diary too... keeps it all organised! Good Luck with it x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.