Enough is enough

It's a great wee kick start though.

Just keep on track and you'll be well on your way before you know it!

Reactions: eeo
Day 8. It's been raining all day. Mood is kind of blah, but not too bad. I've followed my meal plan. Did some cooking and food prep as well.

Weight loss is long and tedious work. It's kind of dangerous to start thinking like that because it's easier to 'drown my sorrows', even though there are no sorrows. I'm reminded of that box of chocolates hidden in the cupboard, but I'm not going to go get it yet.

Last edited:
This weather is atrocious isn't it!

It is a long and winding road but it's one that is worth it to travel. I'm just into the mindset that I didn't get this size overnight so I can't reduce my size overnight. I mean don't get me wrong I would absolutely LOVE to wake up tomorrow and by some miracle be at goal weight but I'm just gonna have to settle with the fact that I need to work hard at it and I will appreciate it more when I get there - so will you!

Keep going and don't let the negative thoughts take over.

This weather is atrocious isn't it!

It is a long and winding road but it's one that is worth it to travel. I'm just into the mindset that I didn't get this size overnight so I can't reduce my size overnight. I mean don't get me wrong I would absolutely LOVE to wake up tomorrow and by some miracle be at goal weight but I'm just gonna have to settle with the fact that I need to work hard at it and I will appreciate it more when I get there - so will you!

Keep going and don't let the negative thoughts take over.

Thanks, I will! I knew getting into this that it's going to be a daily struggle. I've been at it for 20 years now. I've learned a lot, made lots of mistakes, made some things better, but some things still need to be dealt with.

It's good to remind myself that some moments are great, some not so great. And even afterwards, reaching my goal weight doesn't mean that everything is going to be 100% wonderful. New me, still dealing with some old problems, and there will be new problems as well. But if I just take it day by day, just get through today, and deal with tomorrow when it comes, things will progress towards my goals. I can't give up, I've done it so many times already. Enough is enough.

Enough is enough for both of us.

I'm gonna be on this forum as long as it's here because even when it comes to maintaining my weight it's always going to have to be something I need to work at, I'll just end up back this size if I get to goal then just let the bad habits slip back in.

This is the beginning of a new lifestyle for us.

Enough is enough for both of us.

I'm gonna be on this forum as long as it's here because even when it comes to maintaining my weight it's always going to have to be something I need to work at, I'll just end up back this size if I get to goal then just let the bad habits slip back in.

This is the beginning of a new lifestyle for us.

That's right! I see posting on this forum as a good way to keep myself accountable, whatever happens. It's good to be honest with yourself, even when it means facing up to something not so good.

Day 9. Almost followed my meal plan.

Had to go and renew my ID documents, take a new photo and stuff. Only had to be there for a short while, but felt really anxious. Not just because of the Covid situation, but in general. Going out, meeting people after a few months of laying pretty low. I tend to sweat a lot when I'm anxious, so that's already uncomfortable enough. But got it done, wasn't too bad.

I went to visit my parents afterwards, and ate a slice of pizza. It wasn't that satisfying, tastewise. Pizza isn't really my kind of comfort food. But I didn't let having it upset me either. Calories per portion were pretty much the same as my regular meal, so I can't even call it a proper cheat meal. The macros were off, obviously, but it's not such a big deal unless it triggers a longer bingeing episode. Which I don't see happening today. So, all good.

Day 10. Getting a bit of a headache again, it's raining as well. Had to run some errands today, but overall, it was a good day. Got some good news, and felt great. Followed the meal plan, but had to rearrange a couple of days. That's the thing with plans, they can change any minute. Got some fresh zucchinis I didn't plan on getting, so had to include them into my menu. But that meant that, instead of just one, I had to cook several meals today. Cooking is not really something I enjoy, but it has to be done.

I had a headache most of the day yesterday but thankfully it passed.

It's not great is it.

Good for you doing the cooking even though you don't enjoy doing it, needs must and all that.

Good for you doing the cooking even though you don't enjoy doing it, needs must and all that.

Thanks! Yeah, it needs to be done. I've tried to make it as easy as possible, so I don't start using that as an excuse not to follow my plan. I use a multicooker, cook for several meals, don't cook for every single meal of the day, small useful hacks like that.

And I do like homecooked meals, so that's not the problem usually. But it feels like a chore. I know that structure is good for me, but a part of me always wants to break free from all the responsibilities. And look where it's gotten me. So, I need to be aware of every step I take, and how it affects me.

I think that's the key thing isn't it, we do really need to focus and be aware all the time about what we are doing and how this can slip into us ending up right back where we started which I am absolutely not going to do!

This is a lifetime thing for me now.

I think that's the key thing isn't it, we do really need to focus and be aware all the time about what we are doing and how this can slip into us ending up right back where we started which I am absolutely not going to do!

This is a lifetime thing for me now.

Oh, yes, definitely. It is a lifetime thing for me as well. But I have gone back and beyond, unfortunately. I'm also a lot wiser now than I was maybe even a year ago, so I hope that counts for something to finally see this through.

Day 11. Almost followed my meal plan, but mood is good.

Visited some relatives, and finally saw their new baby. Had a piece of cake with some ice cream. I can't deny that an hour later I was ready to eat a horse. Too much sugar, and my blood sugar spikes. As a result, urge to binge occurs. I realize that it's really because I'm tired, didn't drink plenty of water during the day, and there was too much socializing that wore me out. I'm not physically hungry, the urges happen because I'm trying to calm myself with food like I always have out of habit. Not going to do it because I'm in control. Enough is enough.

Day 12. I'm feeling really great today. I don't have anything planned. Just a lazy Saturday.

What I love most about weight loss is the light feeling I get in my stomach. I'm not hungry, I'm not depriving myself, I'm not constantly thinking about food, and everything feels so normal.

Glad you had a nice time visiting family.

You done so well resisting the binge and just coming off plan for the whole day, it's becoming a good habit now isn't it!

Well done!

Thanks, Dolly! It's easier to resist the binge at the moment, I'm all motivated, the future seems bright. :D If only it would be so easy all the way to my goal weight.

Day 13. Nothing out of the ordinary. Followed the meal plan, didn't even have to fight any urges. I'm feeling good. Starting to wonder if it's because I increased my daily dose of vitamin D.

Back